Status
Not open for further replies.

BoomTown

Founding Member
Mc's Red Headed Stepchild
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
ATXGator;n128109 said:
I haven't heard anything about coaching staff yet. I think Mac is trying to spend the day contacting recruits then will work on staff... just a guess based on the number of recruits he is talking to. I am really hoping he can hold on to some of the defensive staff, but I keep hearing that Champ will be taking them. I can't imagine Durkin goes to become less than DC somewhere, and I'd be surprised if Lawling goes back to USC, but who knows... he might.
Coach said in his presser that he wanted to get through recruiting prep and go on the road with some of the guys to get a better feel for them. I thought this was a pretty unique approach since most times you just hear the old staff is out. This also says to me that several of the current staff will be retained (or at least offered). If he were only interested in one or two guys why bother.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I don't know where anyone would be hearing who muschamp is bringing with him? I've never seen a defensive coordinator or any coordinator bring assistants with him. Also he doesn't even know where he's going yet .

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n128139 said:
I don't know where anyone would be hearing who muschamp is bringing with him? I've never seen a defensive coordinator or any coordinator bring assistants with him. Also he doesn't even know where he's going yet .

The SC site who said he was coming there said their LB and secondary coaches wouldn't be retained and he was bringing some with him. They may be wrong on that however.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@DerekTysonESPN: South Carolina OL commit Christian Pellage was visited by Florida head coach Jim McElwain and OL coach Mike Summers today. #Gators

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
williston_gator;n128369 said:
@DerekTysonESPN: South Carolina OL commit Christian Pellage was visited by Florida head coach Jim McElwain and OL coach Mike Summers today. #Gators
Summers was with him? That's an interesting bit. Would he bring Summers along if he was firing him?

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
oxrageous;128383 said:
williston_gator;n128369 said:
Summers was with him? That's an interesting bit. Would he bring Summers along if he was firing him?
He was using these recruiting trips to get to know the staff and as part as their evals

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n128383 said:

I think he's taking recruiting visits with coaches in order to get to know them before he makes any decisions.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n128388 said:
I think he's taking recruiting visits with coaches in order to get to know them before he makes any decisions.
It just seems strange to take an assistant to actually recruit players when there's a chance that assistant won't be retained. He has to be leaning towards keeping Summers to even take him along.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n128395 said:
It just seems strange to take an assistant to actually recruit players when there's a chance that assistant won't be retained. He has to be leaning towards keeping Summers to even take him along.

I think he considers them all a part of the current coaching staff until he hires whomever he's going to hire. And honestly, they're still Gator coaches until noted otherwise. Still have a job to do.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
oxrageous;n128395 said:

Well makes sense as most of our 8 recruits are offensive linemen. Wait is it 8 or 7, anyway it looks like Summers is at least doing his job. Not to sure about the rest.

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
Concrete Helmet;128411 said:
oxrageous;n128395 said:
Well makes sense as most of our 8 recruits are offensive linemen. Wait is it 8 or 7, anyway it looks like Summers is at least doing his job. Not to sure about the rest.
I bet only a couple of those were recruited by Summers

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, the recruiting assignments are generally geographical, not positional.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@HamiltonESPN: #Florida HC Jim McElwain called #ESPN 4-star OT & #TarHeel commit William Sweet. Sweet used all 5 OV's, so a visit would be unofficial

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n128423 said:
Yeah, the recruiting assignments are generally geographical, not positional.

That's what I told your mom

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n128453 said:
That's what I told your mom
She's been dead for a while, but I guess you are used to that kind of response.

You made coz Bay is hittin' on me again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator