Recruiting Mac already meeting recruits

Status
Not open for further replies.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n128383 said:
Summers was with him? That's an interesting bit. Would he bring Summers along if he was firing him?

The guy is getting a paycheck right?

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n128466 said:
She's been dead for a while, but I guess you are used to that kind of response.

You made coz Bay is hittin' on me again?

he wouldn't go out like that he's in a real wolf pack!

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
T REX;n128480 said:
The guy is getting a paycheck right?
Yeah, but it's seems pretty strange to use a coach to recruit a player and then fire him. A few weeks later:

Recruit: "Coach Mac, I can't wait to come play for you and Coach Summers!"

Mac: "Sorry kid, we just fired him."

Recruit: "Oh."

That recruit then marvels at our retarded way of doing things and crosses UF off his list.

The point is, don't recruit positional players with positional coaches that aren't even going to be there. Not even if there's a chance of it. Makes us look idiotic.

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
A kids living room would actually be a great place to break the news. Would probably call for an awkward car ride back to Gainesville tho :scratchchin:

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Can't believe this kid commited to SC. Glad to see that McElwain is trying to get this kid.

@DerekTysonESPN: South Carolina OL commit Christian Pellage was visited by Florida head coach Jim McElwain and OL coach Mike Summers today. #Gators

@DerekTysonESPN: Pellage on McElwain: He's a great guy. He seemed to have a good gameplan for Florida. It was nice of him to come by & speak w/ my family & I

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n128490 said:
Yeah, but it's seems pretty strange to use a coach to recruit a player and then fire him. A few weeks later:

Recruit: "Coach Mac, I can't wait to come play for you and Coach Summers!"

Mac: "Sorry kid, we just fired him."

Recruit: "Oh."

That recruit then marvels at our retarded way of doing things and crosses UF off his list.

The point is, don't recruit positional players with positional coaches that aren't even going to be there. Not even if there's a chance of it. Makes us look idiotic.
Lmao, idk why but this is a funny post

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
My point is, Mac isn't stupid. Expect any coach he's taking on recruiting trips with him to be retained.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I hope this isn't a bad thing that we're expanding our recruiting board. Hope that doesn't mean we re getting the cold shoulder from alot of linemen

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n128501 said:
My point is, Mac isn't stupid. Expect any coach he's taking on recruiting trips with him to be retained.

He can't make every trip to see every recruit on his own, can he? The coaches will be there through the bowl game? Correct?

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;128503 said:
I hope this isn't a bad thing that we're expanding our recruiting board. Hope that doesn't mean we re getting the cold shoulder from alot of linemen

Not sure if you're talking about Pellage. But he's s big time OL.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Law98gator;n128423 said:
Yeah, the recruiting assignments are generally geographical, not positional.

Einstein, most recruits don't commit until they've met their position coach.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
GatorJ;n128508 said:

He's been on campus a few times but didn't seem that interested at least from what I've read.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n128508 said:
Just looked him up. He's from just down the road and he's a under armor all American. Why haven't we been making a strong push for him already?

jmskjrgator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Adam Lane is his type of back. Between KT and AL he has to be excited. Plus Will Grier
has a strong arm with accuracy. I think he will be our QB of the future. We now have a
coach who can evaluate talent. What a wonderful feeling.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;128514 said:
Just looked him up. He's from just down the road and he's a under armor all American. Why haven't we been making a strong push for him already?

I can't remember. But he might be a legacy. Regardless, I don't think we're really in it with him. This is the first time I've ever heard of the staff visiting them.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n128503 said:

I think he's definitely expanding his options. Who knows what recruits were turned off by Muschamp and the offense. You never know who's interested unless you ask.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
alcoholica;n128528 said:
I think he's definitely expanding his options. Who knows what recruits were turned off by Muschamp and the offense. You never know who's interested unless you ask.

Guys committed to north Carolina and south Carolina were probably not receuited very hard by Florida. So maybe mclewain will be the new flipper.lol

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I think this was already mentioned either in this thread or one of the other threats, but this comment by Cowart is very telling:

"We basically just talked for a while," said Cowart. "I looked up his background and stuff and I know he knows what he is doing. He said that if I am really interested in Florida that I need to get a group of guys that all like Florida and to get things cracking and bring Florida back to where it used to be."

Though this was their first time speaking the Rivals100 prospect was impressed by the new head man in Gainesville.

"I get to meet him in person this week, but two National Championships at Bama and bringing Colorado State to 10-2, and I think even ranked. He is a little cocky and that is a good thing because that means he is confident in what he does. The best thing he said is that he knows he has talent on his team and he knows there are guys on the bench that need to be starting."

[video]https://florida.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1713189[/video]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator