Mac and Company on the Trail

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Next year he will be a "true" OT. He is a proven OL. He is a big body. He is very athletic for his size. He wants to play DT. He is going to be a great Gator DT.
He played both in HS. The "analysts" like him at OL, and Rivals has him as the #15 OT. He played DT in HS as well, and if he wants to play DT then he'll probably develop into a good one. Pretty good athlete.

Sundaysunday

Jul 27, 2014
Questionable? No, you just don't like to hear the truth. At what point do you realize Mac sucks out loud at recruiting? I guess when he is fired after 2017.

PS I'm not linking other message boards unless necessary...just out of respect to Ox(who has worked hard to make this a great place).

I think you are setting yourself up for some major disappointment because it's highly unlikely he is fired after next season.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gotcha...though we've had some bad ass highly ranked DTs completely pan out...Davis, Hunter, Floyd and Easley all come to mind as 5 star stud DTs.

Easley and Floyd were hybrid DT/DEs. Very good but we struggled with run defense. Hunter? Adequate. Davis? About three good games.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
This sucks balls. This was our last chance to get 4. Can't believe we ran truesdale off.

Agree. As a JUCO he'd be ready to play. We're definitely going to need Polite to get over 290, CeCe to get up to 280+ and move Riles over or we are going to be stuck w/ a 4 man DT rotation of 2 true DT's, 2 DE's who gained a little weight....and freshman.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
I guess recruiting has really dried up since that pesky NCAA investigation began... Must've really tied the hands of their bag men...

Hugh Freeze better be saving his money. When the investigation is all said and done, he may get hit with a "show cause" tag for a few years.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Easley and Floyd were hybrid DT/DEs. Very good but we struggled with run defense. Hunter? Adequate.
Hunter, when he wasn't hurt, was a prototypical NT who always swallowed two blockers. I remember some here were so suprised to read his NFL scouting reports. It's underappreciated, and he wasn't fast enough to get many sacks, but he was way better than most on this board thought. Floyd wasn't really a hybrid. He played DE some mostly because he was hurt (and couldn't play inside then) and we didn't have enough depth. Easley wasn't really an NT, but he was fast enough to overcome.

I also remember some scoffing when I said Bullard was clearly our best lineman as a soph and junior when everyone else was in love with the sack numbers from Fowler and AMac.

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016
Questionable? No, you just don't like to hear the truth. At what point do you realize Mac sucks out loud at recruiting? I guess when he is fired after 2017.

PS I'm not linking other message boards unless necessary...just out of respect to Ox(who has worked hard to make this a great place).

Actually, the posts with questionable numbers weren't about Mac. There was one about all americans I think. There was one other as well and Swamp Donkey said he couldn't make the math work.

Didn't think about linking to other message boards in that way, understandable.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014

Smh...this was going to our #6 DT and I hope that changes before tomorrow. We'll need at least 6 going into next year because 1) injuries 2) We'll need to keep these young guys fresh because they won't be in shape or have the strength to be "SEC Ready" early 3) I expect the defense to be on the field alot (as usual) next season with our OC coming back. We have to get at least 2 more this cycle and it would of been nice if this incompetent bunch of retards hadn't slow played Truesdell (who will sign with Auburn) or refused to send LOI's to the Gaddy Twins (because of Alleged grade concerns) but yet they have the grades to get into Maryland? Smh... If It would have been up to me I would of taken them all because it isn't like we don't have the room and you can never have enough of 320-350 DT'S.

Last edited:

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Graham Hall and Zach A are predicting class size of 22 and 21. WTF?? That is a fail. We needed 24-25 in this class, so once again we'll go into another season w/ well under 85. (I'm guessing we lose 2-4 or more players for one reason or another by game 1 in september).

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Actually, the posts with questionable numbers weren't about Mac. There was one about all americans I think. There was one other as well and Swamp Donkey said he couldn't make the math work.

Didn't think about linking to other message boards in that way, understandable.

You're full of shyt as usual. I'll PM you the links from now on.

https://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/eye-on-college-football/21641769

Odds of Becoming an All-American, by Recruiting Ranking
5–Star: 1 in 4.
Top 100: 1 in 6.
4–Star: 1 in 16.
3–Star: 1 in 56.
2–Star: 1 in 127.
All FBS Signees: 1 in 45.

Suck it pal...

Last edited:

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Btw...I'm hearing after we miss out on LB Levi Jones tomorrow we're taking a 2* LB out of Miami. Dirty randy is unfortunately building this defense like the one's he built at Miami during his HC days there and we all know how that worked out!

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Odds of Becoming an All-American, by Recruiting Ranking
5–Star:
1 in 4.
Top 100: 1 in 6.
4–Star: 1 in 16.
3–Star: 1 in 56.
2–Star: 1 in 127.
All FBS Signees: 1 in 45.

Hey bro....the "Stars don't matter" crowd believe we have an elite staff who can evaluate/develop players better than anyone in the country. So....we'll be just fine :rolleyes3:

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Btw...I'm hearing after we miss out on LB Levi Jones tomorrow we're taking a 2* LB out of Miami. Dirty randy is unfortunately building this defense like the one's he built at Miami during his HC days there and we all know how that worked out!

Lacedrick Brunson, 2-star LB, Miami
Brunson is a sleeper prospect whom UF brought in for an official visit last weekend. Linebacker is one of Florida’s biggest needs for 2017, and the Gators have three LB commitments. However, they would like to sign four players at the position.

Prediction: Florida

---

What a disaster. We'll sign 21 players, 4 short of what we needed....and filling it w/ 2-star players. I know, I know....McElwain has an eye for talent and we can add 1 or 2 stars to their ratings. Pfffft!

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
What's your definition of really good?

https://n.rivals.com/prospect_rankings/rivals250/2017?position=DT

https://247sports.com/Season/2017-Football/RecruitRankings?Position=DT

I had to goto 247 to find a kid on a list. We don't have a single kid on the Rivals list. Concliffe is the 22nd rated DT on 247(sorry) and 307th overall. He's our highest rated DT. Help me out. I'm not trying to start crap but are you talking about bringing in bodies?
Hansard is the only one off that list I'd really prefer.

Those 260 lb projects just don't pan out too often.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Graham Hall and Zach A are predicting class size of 22 and 21. WTF?? That is a fail. We needed 24-25 in this class, so once again we'll go into another season w/ well under 85. (I'm guessing we lose 2-4 or more players for one reason or another by game 1 in september).
I don't want to rock your world but this might be news to you also:
aldrin_lem_big.gif

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Hey bro....the "Stars don't matter" crowd believe we have an elite staff who can evaluate/develop players better than anyone in the country. So....we'll be just fine :rolleyes3:
I always wondered about that thought. So do we assume that the players they've spent the last 11 months chasing, and losing to other schools, are or are not properly evaluated by our excellent staff? This always confuses me.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Was holding out hope for a miracle with Ray and Jones but looks like it'll be business as usual. We are in serious trouble going forward.

ufgator2002

Bleeds Orange and Blue
Aug 11, 2014
Not me, I want to see an offense.
Oh I totally want to have a better O as well. But think of it this way. If that D stays solid, and our running game takes off behind that much improved line, that will be that young QB's best friend. They don't have to be the hero, just do enough to win it till they get that experience under their belt. :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.