Mac thinks he knows who the QB will be

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
****ing A, are we the FLORIDA GATORS, the team that owned the SEC in the 90s and again in the mid 2000s, a team with arrogant confidence and an attitude that reeks of "**** you opponent, we're going to kick your ass up and down the field, embarrass you on the scoreboard and then rub your nose in it at the post game presser???? Or are we a bunch of limp dick losers that have to play stupid games like Hide The Quarterback, too afraid of our opponents that we have to hide like a bunch of pansies??? If we're the Gators of old, or at least ready to fight like hell to get back to being the Gators of old, then quit playing stupid games and name a QB as starter...then go out on game day with a bunch of swag and cocks so big they're dragging on the floor, HIT MUCHIGAN IN THE MOUTH, air the ball out from our own red zone, score TDs by the bushel and play like a Florida Gator!!! Pretty simple! Show me something Mac!!!

I wish I could sig that entire thing.

Omar's Coming Yo!

Gator til the grave
BANNED
Oct 6, 2016
Taking your assertion to its logical conclusion what you are actually saying is we won all those games the last two seasons not because there was improvement in the coaching of sub par QB's but because everyone else was just more lousy then we were. That's like saying to the world I'm the only one that's right while everyone else is more misinformed than I am. I'm not a Mac homer. I have my criticisms of him for sure like I've had with ANY Gator head football coach. But the fact of the matter is we are in an improved position with more quality QB choices since Tebow. The question is will Mac have a plan to get the best out of what we've got? All we can do at this point is wait and see and hope for the best.
We won those games because we had more nfl talent and a soft schedule. It also helped that lsu hired Fred Flintstone. There's a reason why Mac's 3-8 vs teams with equal or more talent.

Omar's Coming Yo!

Gator til the grave
BANNED
Oct 6, 2016
It's the idea of playing all 3 that has everybody riled up. Naming a starter now or in the immediate future is just an offshoot of having a QB Whisperer in our midst who has successfully coached up JUST one guy.
Just like the RB by committee last year or the QB competition of 2015. It's lunacy. Especially when neither worked.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
You may take Grier over the others, but the real question is what would Grier be taking?

funny-sports-bodybuilding-lol.gif

That GIF is funny as fcvk! I can't stop laughing!

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Hell,in that case, name one who won't be starting as the starter, just to throw Michigan off track. /sarc

How about this... make Michigan think you are just talking about playing all 3.... so they don't prepare for that... then do exactly what you say!!!

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I predict we swap LDR and Franks the same way we did with Grier and Treon. And MZ will get an occasional wildcat play or two. And it will suck. All of it.

BruceWayne

Dec 12, 2016
I have wanted it to be Franks this whole offseason. Because that would mean we got a pretty decent ranked QB out of high school and Mac developed him a little. He's big and has a strong arm. Mac should have developed him enough to be the starter by now.
The last few days though I'm hoping it's just Zaire. If the O-Line is a potential problem then his mobility will be a big key to us still moving the ball and getting first downs. Anybody but DelRio. Unless DelRio learned how to improve a ton. Just don't see it though.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
****ing A, are we the FLORIDA GATORS, the team that owned the SEC in the 90s and again in the mid 2000s, a team with arrogant confidence and an attitude that reeks of "**** you opponent, we're going to kick your ass up and down the field, embarrass you on the scoreboard and then rub your nose in it at the post game presser???? Or are we a bunch of limp dick losers that have to play stupid games like Hide The Quarterback, too afraid of our opponents that we have to hide like a bunch of pansies??? If we're the Gators of old, or at least ready to fight like hell to get back to being the Gators of old, then quit playing stupid games and name a QB as starter...then go out on game day with a bunch of swag and cocks so big they're dragging on the floor, HIT MUCHIGAN IN THE MOUTH, air the ball out from our own red zone, score TDs by the bushel and play like a Florida Gator!!! Pretty simple! Show me something Mac!!!
I like this guy................GIVE ME A G

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
As per thread-title Mac does know who the QB will be for the Michigan game = Wilton Speight.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I predict we swap LDR and Franks the same way we did with Grier and Treon. And MZ will get an occasional wildcat play or two. And it will suck. All of it.
This is my fear as well. Ive been saying for a while that hes going to rotate them like he did grier/harris because everything to this point exactly reflects what the offseason between those 2 guys looked like 2 years ago. Regardless of whether mac rolls out LDR or Franks to "start" doesn't really matter at this point, its going to be alternating. And I'm not stoked about the outcome of this.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
All coaches get bashed until they prove themselves. None of us were sure about Meyer until he curb-stomped Ohio State.

I was betting quite a bit back then and also in a pretty large football pool so I was very familiar with what Meyer had done at BG and Utah. There was no doubt in my mind that he was the real deal and a great hire.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I love that we're still on the front page of ESPN. Should we look bad on offense this is not going to go well with the fans. Time for the QB whisperer to show us all why he's here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.