Mac thinks he knows who the QB will be

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
but who cares who the starter is?....
it is all about defensive recognition and assignment football.
I agree completely. The Nussfense wont change regardless of whom is passing the ball. Directional teams have stayed in base defenses and had no trouble completely stiffling the Nussfense at three different schools.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Good god. Where is there a rule a QB HAS to be named before game time? What is the BFD on naming a guy right now? So we can all pound out criticisms of the choice ad nauseam? I'm just glad we have three QB's to chose from over what we've had since Tebow.
We're no better at qb than when mac first got here. Actually worse.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
But I was told on here that there was no way Zaire wasn't promised the starting job before he transferred here :dunno:

PaulDrake

Della Street's Baby Daddy
Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
We're no better at qb than when mac first got here. Actually worse.
Taking your assertion to its logical conclusion what you are actually saying is we won all those games the last two seasons not because there was improvement in the coaching of sub par QB's but because everyone else was just more lousy then we were. That's like saying to the world I'm the only one that's right while everyone else is more misinformed than I am. I'm not a Mac homer. I have my criticisms of him for sure like I've had with ANY Gator head football coach. But the fact of the matter is we are in an improved position with more quality QB choices since Tebow. The question is will Mac have a plan to get the best out of what we've got? All we can do at this point is wait and see and hope for the best.

kepler

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Taking your assertion to its logical conclusion what you are actually saying is we won all those games the last two seasons not because there was improvement in the coaching of sub par QB's but because everyone else was just more lousy then we were. That's like saying to the world I'm the only one that's right while everyone else is more misinformed than I am. I'm not a Mac homer. I have my criticisms of him for sure like I've had with ANY Gator head football coach. But the fact of the matter is we are in an improved position with more quality QB choices since Tebow. The question is will Mac have a plan to get the best out of what we've got? All we can do at this point is wait and see and hope for the best.
Man this makes too much sense I'm used to Mac bashing on here.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
No we are not imo. I would take grier over having these 3 any day of the week. Maybe this is just a little showmanship and franks starts and proves me wrong. I think mac strung along the harris vs grier comp to keep treon happy. This could be a similar situation. But at this moment I would trade all 3 of these guys for will grier in a heartbeat.

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016
No we are not imo. I would take grier over having these 3 any day of the week. Maybe this is just a little showmanship and franks starts and proves me wrong. I think mac strung along the harris vs grier comp to keep treon happy. This could be a similar situation. But at this moment I would trade all 3 of these guys for will grier in a heartbeat.

You may take Grier over the others, but the real question is what would Grier be taking?

funny-sports-bodybuilding-lol.gif

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
All coaches get bashed until they prove themselves. None of us were sure about Meyer until he curb-stomped Ohio State.
Actually I was fully sold by the end of his first season. You could just feel something special was happening.

kepler

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
All coaches get bashed until they prove themselves. None of us were sure about Meyer until he curb-stomped Ohio State.
I get it. But it would be great to have one season where we don't lose our starting QB, especially in years where our depth sucks.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Actually I was fully sold by the end of his first season. You could just feel something special was happening.
Yeah I never once questioned Meyer being the guy. I was pumped when we hired him too.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member

Lots of assumptions. Del Rio is average at best. Zaire has under 100 passes in 4 years. Franks has never taken a snap.

Who exactly is quality and what measures are using to make this claim?

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah I never once questioned Meyer being the guy. I was pumped when we hired him too.
i was initially not pleased bc I thought we were gonna bring spurrier back. But considering Meyer had just accomplished at Utah I got on board, and then seeing us turn the tide on our rivals that first year... I knew we had something cooking.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Good god. Where is there a rule a QB HAS to be named before game time? What is the BFD on naming a guy right now? So we can all pound out criticisms of the choice ad nauseam? I'm just glad we have three QB's to chose from over what we've had since Tebow.

It's the idea of playing all 3 that has everybody riled up. Naming a starter now or in the immediate future is just an offshoot of having a QB Whisperer in our midst who has successfully coached up JUST one guy.

Omar's Coming Yo!

Gator til the grave
BANNED
Oct 6, 2016
I really have not weighed in on the QB topic b/c for the most part I find it laughable. Not that I am a supporter of Butters or NussNuts, b/c they suck dogballz, but who cares who the starter is? And on the other side, for those who think it is smart to not name a starter b/c it will cause Mich to have to prepare for different things, etc, that is laughable. All teams prepare for different scenarios all the time. it is all about defensive recognition and assignment football. Trust me there will be no fooling on either side. Defenses have assignments. it is busted assignments that are the problems. If a team is ill prepared then that is a coaching issue. I assure you that everyone has practiced all possibilities. people think that guys are going to be running around like chickens with their heads cut off b/c they don;t know how to defend a certain QB, LOL
All of This!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.