Mac to be more involved with the offensive play calling?

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
I DM'd one of my associate's a couple days ago asking him has he heard whether Mac is going to be more involved with the offensive play calling this season and he just hit me back with this

20170827_102928.jpg

The reason i asked is because it's being talked about pretty heavily in the bull gator circle. If this proves to be true i believe we see a hell of alot better in game play calling and a drastic improvement in offensive production. The last 2 seasons we've had a drastic dropoff in production After the scripted plays (mac helps nuss with) we're used up. We know what nuss is and what his limitations are so i hope this happens! #ChompChomp

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The less Nusschump the better.
#Nussonbus

And #Butterteefonabus if he can't make his own offense without hiring a hotshot OC (who will only be hired away as soon as he seems vaguely competent.)

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I DM'd one of my associate's a couple days ago asking him has he heard whether Mac is going to be more involved with the offensive play calling this season and he just hit me back with this

The reason i asked is because it's being talked about pretty heavily in the bull gator circle. If this proves to be true i believe we see a hell of alot better in game play calling and a drastic improvement in offensive production. The last 2 seasons we've had a drastic dropoff in production After the scripted plays (mac helps nuss with) we're used up. We know what nuss is and what his limitations are so i hope this happens! #ChompChomp

I really don't understand this. If he doesn't trust Nuss to call the plays, then why didn't he fire him and hire someone else in the off-season? This makes no sense at all. Why pay someone you can't trust to do the job right?:crazy:

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
This is fools gold. Unless he's calling plays in game...I doubt much changes. Even then who knows. The problem is the bar is so low now that we'd think 70's is good when realistically that sucks too. Nussmeier is really bad. Mac should have fired him last December and brought in someone else he trusted for the role.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I really don't understand this. If he doesn't trust Nuss to call the plays, then why didn't he fire him and hire someone else in the off-season? This makes no sense at all. Why pay someone you can't trust to do the job right?:crazy:
We aren't about winning football games anymore. It's just about ensuring your friends have a job.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
That's the first thing that popped up in my head also. However if this unfolds i bet $1 vs $100 we'll see some serious improvement on that side of the ball.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Nussmeier is really bad. Mac should have fired him last December and brought in someone else he trusted for the role.
People who Butters trusts will be just as imcompetent. Does it really matter which person calls the play in our exceedingly conservative "just take what the defense gives you" mindset?

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Well its about time to do something different and keep teams guessing what we are gonna do on offense. We can't go much lower than our 100 ranked offense the past couple of years. We should always be in the top 50 or better!

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Mac knows he's on the hot seat as far getting offensive production and numbers way up. He must be doing this to save nuss's azz. Because if he was smart he would have ditched him already after back to back 100+ offense years. The lack of in game adjustments and half time adjustments falls on him. If he needs to start play calling because we've fallen behind and have run the same plays all game, at what point does he make the move and get a new OC?

He also knows he doesn't have the elite defense this year to win games with, the offense has to carry its fair share of the load.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Mac knows he's on the hot seat as far getting offensive production and numbers way up.
SOS didn't need someone to help him win some games.

If only we had hired an offensive guru who didn't need training wheels or some hotshot playcaller to score points.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I don't doubt that he'll be micromanaging Nussy a bit more. And he's going to need the offense as well.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I think it is good if Mac does this, but I have to wonder what has taken so long.... at the very very minimum it was clear after the Tennessee game that Nuss needed his help... why wait....

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Makes perfect sense. We just extended the OC another season and added 54% to his comp. We need to reduce his workload.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Makes perfect sense. We just extended the OC another season and added 54% to his comp. We need to reduce his workload.
Well, he is a public employee.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
With all due respect Butters is and/or should be/have been involved in the offensive play calling and everything else. he is the ****ING head coach and a SHYTTY one at that. In 2 years, I have seen play calls where either the head coach or a decent QB should have said : "What? You called what? I don;t think so. I will be changing that!!!" Butters knows every single play call as it is being called. if not, then what the HE77 is he listening to in the headsets, some ole crooner?

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
:deadhorse:

SOSDD!

What ever happened to optimism?

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
ButterMac is no better than Nussbaumeier.....WTF didn't they clean up Martez knee last January?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.