Mac to be more involved with the offensive play calling?

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
ohhhh ... Sometimes you feel like a Nuss, sometimes you don't; can't move the ball with Nuss, and Gators don't... oh......
LOL. That was good.
sometimes-you-feel-like-a-nut-slogan.jpg

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
OP :lmao2: Mac:lol3: :lmao2:

We were fortunate or blessed to get 2 really gifted innovators for their time and caught our league with their pants down... Fun & Gun Spurrier and Mr Option Misdirection Myer. Boy I'm sure glad I saw that era and mini-era. It was mucho fun. But, we had a great QB(s), metal lunch pale type RB, someone that was always clutch with hauling in the chain mover and of course, a jail break sic D.

My expectations are based on seeing those pieces on the sideline one day. I'm not feeling 'innovator' or 'trade mark system' when I think of Mac. With that, I'm :waiting:

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
I used to love watching the gears turning in SOS head as he was calling plays.
I never could figure out how he good figure out the D from the sidelines. Seems like being in the booth would be better. Maybe Steve had someone from the booth call down the Ds tendencies and then dialed a play up to fit?

Don't know, but it was fun watching him.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I never could figure out how he good figure out the D from the sidelines. Seems like being in the booth would be better. Maybe Steve had someone from the booth call down the Ds tendencies and then dialed a play up to fit?

Don't know, but it was fun watching him.

I don't remember the actual game...I honestly thought it was that above UT game but there was a play where they showed Spurrier pre-snap with his hands on his knees slightly bent over... then through the actual play and he's nodding yes yes as the play unfolds. It's classic SOS at his finest.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Last edited:

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Just for fun. Never gets old. Ever. 4th and 11. SOS goes for it. TD. Good times.

Damn, we were so effing good back then...we used to demolish teams that were, themselves, very good teams.

The other thing that jumps out at me is how quick a release Danny had. Spurrier himself said he was amazed with the speed of Danny's release when he saw him play in the HS championship game. I guess it's been so long that I'd forgotten about that aspect of Danny's game.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
You are an ignorant puzz!

:bananadance2:

Weak sauce dude. Typical "pumper". Once you're BS is revealed you resort back to insults. Seems like a lot of optimists on here have severe attitude problems. Oh crap, he's right...I better call him a name. I bet if we went back and looked at all the threads, 75% of these arguments are started by the so-called optimistic pumpers. They can't get through a thread without the insults. You must be fun at parties. You are miserable. Blah, blah, blah. It's just a game folks.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
That #7 QB sucks. He isn't 6-5 and has a noodle arm.

Here's the difference between Danny, a Heisman Trophy winner, and our current noodle arm QB.

Danny would scan the field, find the guy that was going to be open, before he's even open, and threw to the spot he was going to be at by the time the ball got there. He took about .0005 secs to recognize, and throw the ball.

LRD scans the field, scans the field some more, thinks about it a few seconds, then throws the ball. By this time, the receiver is already 20 yards too far down the field for LDR to reach, but he throws it anyway, and it drops short by about 20 yards leaving his receiver in the position to have to try to race back to the ball and try to beat the LB to the ball that's standing there waiting for it with a look on his face like "did he really just do that?". Big difference.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Here's the difference between Danny, a Heisman Trophy winner, and our current noodle arm QB.

Danny would scan the field, find the guy that was going to be open, before he's even open, and threw to the spot he was going to be at by the time the ball got there. He took about .0005 secs to recognize, and throw the ball.

LRD scans the field, scans the field some more, thinks about it a few seconds, then throws the ball. By this time, the receiver is already 20 yards too far down the field for LDR to reach, but he throws it anyway, and it drops short by about 20 yards leaving his receiver in the position to have to try to race back to the ball and try to beat the LB to the ball that's standing there waiting for it with a look on his face like "did he really just do that?". Big difference.

No, no that's not true. Didn't you see the 60 yard throws early last season before LDR got hurt??

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

You don't think I'm comparing LDR to Danny, do you?

I could have (and did) say the same thing about Grossman or Leak.

So many toolbags on here think the primary qualities of a QB is being tall and being able to throw a fastball.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.