Manning's overinflated legacy

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
maheo30;n145650 said:
Wow! No QB in NFL history has ever done what Manning did when in Indy. Tom Moore said Manning was basically the on-field OC as he left the playcalling up to Manning. Moore said he only made suggestions in packages of 25-50 plays. On top of that he made the line calls. John Elway under Shanahan was given that responsibility but gave it back after a year. He said he couldn't handle it. There is no quarterback that is as smart as Manning on the field. What Manning is doing now Marino couldn't do. Manning has lost a good bit of velocity on his pass but he is still playing at a high level. He has to read and anticipate better than he ever has because the ball is arriving later. He is truly underappreciated. As far as his playoff record, there were very few times when he had the superior team and lost. Most of the time he lost because the other team was simply better and more talented.

:nutswinger:

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
TN G8tr;145923 said:
If the guy was not Archie's kid it would be a totally different story. You want reality. If PM is so damned awesome how come Eli has more rings?

Because Eli's better? :dunno:

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n145919 said:
You really don't see a reason for the hate? Maybe it's because the sports media has made us eat Peyton's (censored) since he was in freaking HIGH SCHOOL. And despite more than two decades of hard evidence, they STILL can't admit the simple fact that he's a loser.

I just desperately want him to retire.
Exactly. The media adores this douchebag and his mug is plastered on the ESPN website every time you go there. His legacy to me is the two lawsuits he lost and the smearing of an innocent trainer who was just trying to do her job when he sexually attacked her.

I wonder when he will wear out his welcome in Denver the way he did in Indy. He had a horrific December - 3 touchdowns and 6 interceptions in 4 games - setting everyone up for a nice one-and-done in the playoffs. If that happens, it'll be interesting to see how the fans react.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
I guess I am not wound tight enough. Peyton could no more get into my head than OSU (who many gators despise). When your players or team owns another why be uptight. I think my ease in this is Pro football has nothing for me since TT was let go. I used to watch when Emmitt played but now Im waiting on another gator to step up. But the funny thing is Peyton is over inflated because he chokes. While on the other hand our old coach, UM, more than stepped up in the two biggest games. He actually has the hardware in gator history but that still does not work for him. Weird to me.

Circle City Gator

Founding Member
BANNED
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Is somebody actually arguing Manning is the greatest ever because he calls his own plays, unlike any other top quarterback in history? Seriously? Quarterbacks called the plays for most the history of the NFL. Does Johnny Unitas ring a bell? or Joe Namath? Terry Bradshaw? Jim Kelly? Billy Kilmer, Sonny Jurgenson, Bob Griese, Kenny Stabler, ...

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
stephenPE;n146118 said:
I guess I am not wound tight enough. Peyton could no more get into my head than OSU (who many gators despise). When your players or team owns another why be uptight. I think my ease in this is Pro football has nothing for me since TT was let go. I used to watch when Emmitt played but now Im waiting on another gator to step up. But the funny thing is Peyton is over inflated because he chokes. While on the other hand our old coach, UM, more than stepped up in the two biggest games. He actually has the hardware in gator history but that still does not work for him. Weird to me.

And this dirt bag does it again........
http://yahoo.thepostgame.com/blog/go...th-pole-alaska
[h=1]Peyton Manning Tracks Down Family At North Pole In Response To Fan Letter[/h]
Peyton Manning thrives on making adjustments, so when he came across a fan letter that he wanted to answer, he didn't just drop the matter when it came without a return address. Manning and the Broncos public relations staff worked three months to track down Kristen Patterson and her husband, Army Sgt. Ryan Patterson.
The search ended in North Pole, Alaska, and resulted in a face-to-face meeting between Manning and the Patterson family, as reported by Corey Elliot of the Indianapolis Star.

Are you seriously making the claim that Manning is not a dirt bag because the public relations team on the Broncos tracked down some guy's address? He did nothing more than hand the letter over to a bunch of dobees.

I wonder if he smeared his smelly ass and junk in the guys face when he found him.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
To be fair the game was much simpler then, Just line up and knock the hell out of each other. Now you have defenses that change each play.

And this dirt bag does it again........
http://yahoo.thepostgame.com/blog/go...th-pole-alaska
Peyton Manning Tracks Down Family At North Pole In Response To Fan Letter

Peyton Manning thrives on making adjustments, so when he came across a fan letter that he wanted to answer, he didn't just drop the matter when it came without a return address. Manning and the Broncos public relations staff worked three months to track down Kristen Patterson and her husband, Army Sgt. Ryan Patterson.
The search ended in North Pole, Alaska, and resulted in a face-to-face meeting between Manning and the Patterson family, as reported by Corey Elliot of the Indianapolis Star.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Does anyone remember when he was at Tennesse and he T-bagged the trainer... settled out of court, so no charges were pressed. That's right not a dirt bag at all..... we all have t-bagged a trainer...

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Patsy, I dont think he is a dirt bag. He wasnt brought up that way and he works as hard as any QB around. If fact he seems fixated on it. One track mind sort of. I worked with a lady like that and she wasnt an aszzzhole just had tunnel vision. As for the greatest QB in the nfl. I saw Unitas play and he was the man. Back then there were less than half the teams now and the talent was not diluted, It was integrated so you had the best of the best playing. I read his bio recently and he said back then they could knock the sh%t out of the QB on every play. They did not protect them like they do now. He was a man in a man's game, He is my choice for best ever.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
stephenPE;n146220 said:
Patsy, I dont think he is a dirt bag. He wasnt brought up that way and he works as hard as any QB around. If fact he seems fixated on it. One track mind sort of. I worked with a lady like that and she wasnt an aszzzhole just had tunnel vision. As for the greatest QB in the nfl. I saw Unitas play and he was the man. Back then there were less than half the teams now and the talent was not diluted, It was integrated so you had the best of the best playing. I read his bio recently and he said back then they could knock the sh%t out of the QB on every play. They did not protect them like they do now. He was a man in a man's game, He is my choice for best ever.

Johnny Unitas is quickly becoming vastly under appriciated for all the great things he did for the NFL and what he was able to do in his era.

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78;n146206 said:
Does anyone remember when he was at Tennesse and he T-bagged the trainer... settled out of court, so no charges were pressed. That's right not a dirt bag at all..... we all have t-bagged a trainer...
The way it was described by another athlete in the training room is that as she knelt to work on his ankle he pulled down his shorts, grabbed her head and smeared his sweaty, smelly ass and junk on her face. It's the kind of thing a douche bag with a lot of privilege does. She complained, got no response, then finally had to sue the University of Tennessee. Such was the humiliation from the hillbilly fan base up there that she had to quit her job and move to another state.

Nine years later, she's finally got her life back together and is working anonymously at UCF. So this dirtbag decides to attack her again, this time through the medium of his "autobiography." He brings her up by name, then proceeds to bring a libel suit on himself and more public humiliation on her by saying she lied about the incident. So numerous were the witnesses at the time of the incident that the suit was a slam dunk and he lost yet again.

Yes, Manning is a dirtbag.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
stephenPE;n146220 said:
He is my choice for best ever.
You put this guy higher than someone like Joe Montana? Based on what? Regular season yardage?

b185c6cf468b5486dd80d68f57de76e0_crop_exact.jpg

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
PastyStoole;n146200 said:
Are you seriously making the claim that Manning is not a dirt bag because the public relations team on the Broncos tracked down some guy's address? He did nothing more than hand the letter over to a bunch of dobees.

I wonder if he smeared his smelly ass and junk in the guys face when he found him.
:lmao:

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;146266 said:
You put this guy higher than someone like Joe Montana? Based on what? Regular season yardage?

b185c6cf468b5486dd80d68f57de76e0_crop_exact.jpg

One of the funniest commercials I've ever seen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator