Marcell Harris out for the season

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
My Uptown sousses say Harbough wraps his players tendons in recycled Autrailian Blue Emu Placentas ??
That HC is a genius, covers everything.

GR8 2B

A Florida Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2016
These types of stories have become almost as tough to hear as actual game losses. With the way he improved last year, I was really excited to see him this year. Throw in always seeming like a great kid and being a Gator legend in his last season, and this one really hurts.
On the bright side, there's a good chance we have him back next year. Young guys need to step up!

heversle

Founding Member
Baba Booey Tata Toothy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
You hate to hear news like this. That's a big blow. He was poised for a big season and he was our enforcer at the safety position. Luckily, we still have a few experienced guys that we can plug in at safety. Duke can play any secondary position. Chauncey will probably get the first crack at taking over for Marcell. I like the physicality and playmaking ability he brings to the table. Also, Jaewon Taylor has a year of experience in the system. He has good size for the position and hopefully he can back up his tweet. But, like others have said, guys like Marco Wilson and Brad Stewart will probably be forced into much bigger roles this season. I hope they're ready to play. :exactly:

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
This poor kid. Hope he gets another year. Always seemed like a classy kid and it takes a humble person to wait their turn like he did. He'll bounce back.

gators4224

Apr 30, 2016
Considering someone else is going to have to step up now, who do you think should be the guy to get reps? Should we do a committee/rotation and see who performs the best or place different guys in on different situations? To me, I know the freshman are talented, but if someone needs to step up at Safety or Corner wouldn't you want to give the reps to guys who have actually been in a college program for over a year now, lifting, training and going against college athletes i.e taylor, lenton, burnett or Putu, mcwilliams than playing true guys who have been here for only summer? I'm all for playing whoever is best/earns it just my 2cents. and if a fresh does have to play, it seemed to me that Stewart is the most college ready

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
My Uptown sousses say Harbough wraps his players tendons in recycled Autrailian Blue Emu Placentas ??
That HC is a genius, covers everything.

You are a very creative individual. No one else could have thought of this.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
I thought these guys were all out partying and chasing poontang. Did he fall off a keg?

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
It is a negative, but someone will have to step up, I bet the coaches have an idea who that will be.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Im not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing. I don't think safeties should be leading a team in tackles
No big deal, that stat was caused by injuries to our top 2 LBs last season. It's usually LBs and Safety's at the top of the list for team leading tacklers.
In 2015, Morrison led (96), followed by Davis (94), then Safety's Neal (84) and Maye (77). But it should be your LBs getting the lions share of tackles, hopefully up near the line of scrimmage. Unfortunately, both Davis and Zone were injured a lot last year, so their numbers were down. Harris only had 73 tackles and led the team. That would have finished 5th in 2015. True freshman Reese finished 5th last year (49 tackles) while getting all the PT from Davis/Zone being sidelined.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator