McElwain’s decision to part with QB Will Grier makes sense in 2017

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Different offensive styles. Brissett was a better fit for Cheeseburgers offense, but not Pease's. Remember how bad Brissett looked in Pease's offense.

I only remember him playing a tiny bit in his offense, he did bail us out of that one game.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I only remember him playing a tiny bit in his offense, he did bail us out of that one game.

Which game was that? In Weis offense Brissett was the better fit, but in Pease Spread offense, in the one game Brissett started and finished it took a block punt to beat Jacksonville State.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Which game was that? In Weis offense Brissett was the better fit, but in Pease Spread offense, in the one game Brissett started and finished it took a block punt to beat Jacksonville State.

No Jacksonville State wasn't the blocked punt game, it was Louisiana Lafayette I think. That game is the one Driskel got hurt in then Brissett came in late and led us to a TD that tied the game then we had the block punt to finish it. Brissett played the whole Jacksonville State game in which we had an uninspiring 22-0 win or something like that. Then Driskel would go to Tallahassee and played one of his best games I thought and guide us to a win ove Fsu before he imploded in the sugar bowl. Regardless Brissett didn't look like a world beater while he was here, but had Champ not ran him off, he would have came in handy during the disastrous 2013 season and probably wouldn't have to live with the fact that we lost to Georgia Southern.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
No Jacksonville State wasn't the blocked punt game, it was Louisiana Lafayette I think. That game is the one Driskel got hurt in then Brissett came in late and led us to a TD that tied the game then we had the block punt to finish it. Brissett played the whole Jacksonville State game in which we had an uninspiring 22-0 win or something like that. Then Driskel would go to Tallahassee and played one of his best games I thought and guide us to a win ove Fsu before he imploded in the sugar bowl. Regardless Brissett didn't look like a world beater while he was here, but had Champ not ran him off, he would have came in handy during the disastrous 2013 season and probably wouldn't have to live with the fact that we lost to Georgia Southern.

Your right, we did beat Jacksonville State 23-0... Louisanna-Layfeette we had the 13-3 lead until Driskel went out (not that he was world beating).

2012:
Bowling Green
3-5 31 yards rushes: 1 for 1 yards rushing
Kentucky
Rushes: 2 for 4 rushing yards
Louisianna-Lafayette
6-8 64 yards 1td Rushes: 2 for -7 yards
Jacksonville State
14-22 154 yards Rushes: 2 for -2 yards

Brissett choose to go to a school running a pro style offense like he was recruited at Florida to play. Kid made a business decision. I blame Muschamp for having 3 different offensive coordinators in 4 years, each running a vastly different offense than the previous one. But of Muschamp's faults, I'm not going to say he ran off a kid, who left to go to a offensive system that better set his skill set.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Your right, we did beat Jacksonville State 23-0... Louisanna-Layfeette we had the 13-3 lead until Driskel went out (not that he was world beating).

2012:
Bowling Green
3-5 31 yards rushes: 1 for 1 yards rushing
Kentucky
Rushes: 2 for 4 rushing yards
Louisianna-Lafayette
6-8 64 yards 1td Rushes: 2 for -7 yards
Jacksonville State
14-22 154 yards Rushes: 2 for -2 yards

Brissett choose to go to a school running a pro style offense like he was recruited at Florida to play. Kid made a business decision. I blame Muschamp for having 3 different offensive coordinators in 4 years, each running a vastly different offense than the previous one. But of Muschamp's faults, I'm not going to say he ran off a kid, who left to go to a offensive system that better set his skill set.

I thought Champ told Brissett that the QB job wasn't an open competition going to the following spring, then he decided to transfer. Yeah he made the right decision on going to NC State and getting away from Champ.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I thought Champ told Brissett that the QB job wasn't an open competition going to the following spring, then he decided to transfer. Yeah he made the right decision on going to NC State and getting away from Champ.

Chump admitted to bringing in Pease for Driskel. Weis brought in Brissett. If Weis stayed, i think Brissett would have been the guy. He was better than Driskell in my opinion in 2011.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator