McElwain calmly rebuilding the program from the ground up

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
This piece really portrays Foley as a reactionary AD, which is in direct contrast to how many of us have seen him all along. History is not going to be particularly kind to Foley if the McElwain hire doesn't turn out well.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
We've been dragging our feet for the last 5 yrs to do the facility upgrades. When chump got fired the media tore into Foley calling him out on everything which made him look bad and now he's finally doing what should of been done awhile back. Either way I'm just glad we're getting everything we need to be successful and hopefully Mac can start winning Championships for us again soon.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
[QUOTE='78;n173029]This piece really portrays Foley as a reactionary AD, which is in direct contrast to how many of us have seen him all along. History is not going to be particularly kind to Foley if the McElwain hire doesn't turn out well. [/QUOTE]

I blame this on WM more than Foley. Foley is an AD. I doubt he spends a lot of time at other schools checking out their facilities. Most likely he depends on his coaches (who HAVE been at other schools) to let him know what needs to be upgraded or built to stay "state of the art" and remain competitive on the recruiting trail.

I can hear the conversation already:

Jeremy: Hey Will, can you think of any upgrades we need to make to stay up with the times?

Will: Nawww, that dial-up is fine. I don't do twitter anyway.

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
No matter the future Foley will be remembered as one of the best ADs ever. Now I don't know what was said but making the case for whatever improvements you want works, whining that others have stuff generally does not. Now I bet our new coach explained what he wanted, how it would be a benefit, and that it could be done for a reasonable costs.

I don't see us trying to duplicate the fluff at say Oregon, but rather to provide value to our students and the program. The new academic center will help the students and if they are smart will make a difference in their decisions. After all most will need their education sooner and all will need it later.

Blacklabgator

Lurking Member
Lifetime Member
Jul 7, 2014
I read something a while back and can't remember where. Gist of the article was how Foley wasn't going to overspend on capital improvements until he had the first SEC network check in hand. He wasn't going to speculate on that income. He knows that full cost of attendance is coming and wanted to position UF to withstand that.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
So... we couldn't keep up with UCF until we got the SEC Network money?

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r;n173141 said:
I blame this on WM more than Foley. Foley is an AD. I doubt he spends a lot of time at other schools checking out their facilities. Most likely he depends on his coaches (who HAVE been at other schools) to let him know what needs to be upgraded or built to stay "state of the art" and remain competitive on the recruiting trail.

Navet, please assure me you were being facetious. :lol:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r;n173141 said:
I blame this on WM more than Foley. Foley is an AD.
The football coach isn't the guy who makes those kind of decisions. The football coach often demands certain improvements (for recruiting purposes generally) but there are people in the ADs office who make the decisions. Anything of significance is decided by Foley.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
[QUOTE='78;n173451]

Navet, please assure me you were being facetious. :lol: [/QUOTE]

I'll get right back to you after I look that word up...

Ok, yes, that's what I was doing.:whistle:

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n172986 said:
will-muschamp-01-600x400_c.jpg

If anyone wants a piece of history - they can buy Muschamp's house for 1.8 million dollars. lol

http://www.realtor.com/news/will-mus...214_rss_cel-01

I can just picture all the Gainesville realtors showing up in Auburn colors to pitch the listing.

HogtownGator

It's Great to be a CCW
Aug 8, 2014
NavetG8r;n172924 said:
Anyone else catch the part about how he's changing the coaches office entrances? Did you catch that part about how most of the players had only ever been there if they were "sent to see the principal"? That really opened my eyes about how the old "staff" ran things.

I caught that. Muschamp treating players like they are still in h.s., not grown men. Plus the thing about "blowing up the organizational chart". This is the flea fogger we need. Those little six-legged blood suckers are scrambling for cover now. Die MFer's Die.

playzwtrux

Founding Member
Wait,... what?
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Good read. doing the same will get you left behind now a days.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n173010 said:
Tired and fell behind. Those are gentle euphemisms. Fell behind UCF and probably FAU. We have some who will never admit that which even Fooley now admits.

To be fair, we probable had a lot of expenses associated with Chimp destroying the offices and locker rooms constantly. That has to be expensive.
They were just built in 2009 with the Heavener Center for mega-millions....Crikey!! what the eff do you want? Look at the video of the H. Center on YouTube.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
So in order to field a good football team these days it appears that you will need more gold plated fixtures and diamond encrusted locker nameplates. And don't forget the vibrating massage chairs for the players to sit in during position meetings or while they are playing myriad video games in the mahogany paneled player lounge. :jerkit:

I understand the need for an indoor practice facility especially in Florida in the summer. But all the other stuff really has nothing to do with actually winning football games as much as it has to do with pampering already pampered football players. There comes a point when enough is enough. UF is hardly ghetto when it comes to facilities. Get over it and play f**king football.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
divits;n174282 said:
So in order to field a good football team these days it appears that you will need more gold plated fixtures and diamond encrusted locker nameplates. And don't forget the vibrating massage chairs for the players to sit in during position meetings or while they are playing myriad video games in the mahogany paneled player lounge. :jerkit:

I understand the need for an indoor practice facility especially in Florida in the summer. But all the other stuff really has nothing to do with actually winning football games as much as it has to do with pampering already pampered football players. There comes a point when enough is enough. UF is hardly ghetto when it comes to facilities. Get over it and play f**king football.
Whether it should or not, it matters to the recruits. If it matters to them, it should matter to us.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
divits;n174282 said:

I don't understand this line of thinking. Unless you're personally paying for it, why do you give a ****? Especially if it could help us with recruiting.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n174292 said:
Whether it should or not, it matters to the recruits. If it matters to them, it should matter to us.

So if Oregon gets a bigger HD TV for their player lounge we should get an even bigger one? Again, where does it stop? How much money is it going to take to continue to stroke the egos of 17 year olds? Are you willing to continue to pay more and more for your tickets and your ticket "donation" to fund it?

Of course MacElwain is going to want anything that will help make his job easier and I understand that. But again, it ain't like UF is some dump who's facilities have turned off recruits. Otherwise how were we able to continue to get top 10 recruiting classes all these years?

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n174295 said:
I don't understand this line of thinking. Unless you're personally paying for it, why do you give a ****? Especially if it could help us with recruiting.

The money comes from all of us t. There is no "free" money.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.