McGregor vs Mayweather tonight!

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Are you watching the big fight tonight? Did you buy it or are you going somewhere to watch it? I could care less so I will either find out on here live tonight, on ESPN, Facebook, or just look it up tomorrow.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
I was expecting a bit more from boss with this post.

I'll just look up the results. I think the fight is stupid. But, McGregor is darn good at promoting himself.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
People are crazy buying this joke of a fight. Heck Mayweather's real boxing matches are a snooze fest themselves.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Oh those two are fighting, huh...hadn't heard that.

Nothing against Mayweather, and I won't watch it, but just based on the non stop "Mayweather's gonna kill him" mantra I've heard every single day for months now, it would be hilarious to see McGregor pull it out.

But I agree with Midwest that the premise doesn't make much sense.

GatorSkin

Founding Member
Nord for President 2020
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Can't think of another celebrity boxing parody ever getting this much hype.

My prediction: Mayweather wins by decision after the most boring fight ever.
Millions of people will be demanding a refund.

Last edited:

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
They want to hype it up big time and make it crazy and outrageous so that people will buy the fight. PPV OWNING and DESTROYING people's wallets on this one baby!!

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Not sure I wanna shell out $100 in the event it is a short fight. Also I haven't heard anything about other fights on the card. I would be all in if there were other matches featuring boxers against MMA guys. Years ago I would have said a boxer would win in this type of fight 9 times out of 10 but in the last 4 or 5 years most MMA fighters are using more stand up boxing/striking than anything else so they've closed the gap on traditional boxers in that regard.
A couple of interesting points about this fight to me are that they will be in a boxing ring. This is an advantage to Mayweather. Angles and ring usage are going to be very different for McGregor than what he's used to and Mayweather knows how to use the ropes and corners. Glove size will be an advantage for McGregor when he's on the offensive. Mayweather has made a career out of hiding his head behind those bigger boxing gloves then point punching when the other guy stops throwing. If McGregor catches him clean or even with a somewhat glancing blow he could either end up on his back or allow a devastating follow up punch that puts him out. Make no mistake about it Connor has real power and he'll be fighting about 15# heavier than Mayweather.
I don't care one way or another who wins and most likely Mayweather could turn it into a very boring event while winning but I would laugh my ass off if he gets knocked out by this guy in his domain.

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
I'll be renting the ppv as well. Also a couple things to think about regarding this fight Nate Diaz trains with Andre Ward and says that he more than holds his own against him in sparring and Connor was able to out box Nate in the 2nd fight. Also something interesting is the fact that Tj Dillashaw once sparred Lomachenko and won the 1st couple of rounds so it's very possible that Connor could do something in the 1st few rounds but we shall see

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
I read an article that said Macgregor could get somewhere in the 150-160 million range for this fight and Mayweather could get up to 240 million. I think the most Macgregor has made in a fight in the UFC is like 3 million. Although I won't watch it, I'll pay attention tonight to espn or yahoo sports for updates. This fight shouldn't realistically go past 2-3 rounds. Even if Mayweather is taking him lightly and hasn't trained like he normally would for a fight, he should easily dispatch Macgregor. The fact that they are expecting this to break the all time PPV buys and be the most gambled on fight in history should be a credit to Macgregor. He is really the one that had pushed for this fight for awhile, it a win win for both fighters and a big loss for anyone that shells out a $100 to watch this sideshow.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I've read that the betting line is so lopsided that if McGregor somehow lands a lucky punch and wins this thing that Vegas is going to be totally screwed. :lol:

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I've read that the betting line is so lopsided that if McGregor somehow lands a lucky punch and wins this thing that Vegas is going to be totally screwed. :lol:

Yep everyone hoping for a big McGregor upset payday at first. Its a good return on Mayweather now considering how much of a joke the fight is. I guess there could be some nutty KO but the chances are very very slim.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.