McGregor vs Mayweather tonight!

Alumni Guy

Lifetime Member
Nov 7, 2015
Not that I would do this or recommend getting the fight for free, but I heard that if you get the periscope app, you can watch the fight on it.

I've heard rumors, but can't confirm, that every ppv for the past few years has been on it. It may not be HDTV on an 80 inch flat screen, but the price is right.

Just rumors, wouldn't want my fellow chatters to stream it illegally. Just repeating rumors.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Don't really care for boxing or mma, won't watch but will check in from time to time.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
This whole thing stinks of a Don King type match/fix.....why not throw it for a bigger money rematch?

Jun 2, 2015
My son has a very large "man cave". Half is gym equipment and the other half has a pool table, portable bar, one-arm bandit and large pull down movie screen (hooked into TV) For all PPV fights,. around 7 to 10 friends come over and all chip in money to pay for the fight, bring beer and a covered dish. Lots of fun for a cheap nite out.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
My son has a very large "man cave". Half is gym equipment and the other half has a pool table, portable bar, one-arm bandit and large pull down movie screen (hooked into TV) For all PPV fights,. around 7 to 10 friends come over and all chip in money to pay for the fight, bring beer and a covered dish. Lots of fun for a cheap nite out.

Wow, sounds like a good time and a much bigger crowd than they draw at scrotUM home football games. Hope your seat tonite is as good as what you can get at a scrotUM home game at JRS!!!!!. Just goofin around, enjoy!!!!

heversle

Founding Member
Baba Booey Tata Toothy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Going to a friend's house in LA to watch. His house is huge and there's gonna be a day party leading up to the fight with a few projector screens, a DJ, and miscellaneous food trucks that they've hired. To be honest, I think Mayweather is gonna make quick work of McGregor barring some kind of slip up of monumental proportions. I just don't see the upset, but it's not impossible. Just highly unlikely. To be honest, I'm more excited for this party. He and his wife REALLY like to party and that in itself sounds much more interesting than the actual fight.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014

Sorry, I have to ask...

1. Is your son's man cave in your basement?

2. Has your son ever been a member of the old GSMB under the name "canething?"

PaulDrake

Della Street's Baby Daddy
Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I could care less about this fight but if I had to pick one I'm going with the guy that isn't a known physical abuser of women....

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Don't care. If I wanted to watch people bash each others' brains in, I'd just turn on the news and watch the protests.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Going to a friend's house in LA to watch. His house is huge and there's gonna be a day party leading up to the fight with a few projector screens, a DJ, and miscellaneous food trucks that they've hired. To be honest, I think Mayweather is gonna make quick work of McGregor barring some kind of slip up of monumental proportions. I just don't see the upset, but it's not impossible. Just highly unlikely. To be honest, I'm more excited for this party. He and his wife REALLY like to party and that in itself sounds much more interesting than the actual fight.
Get there early before all the blow is gone.

Jun 2, 2015
Wow, sounds like a good time and a much bigger crowd than they draw at scrotUM home football games. Hope your seat tonite is as good as what you can get at a scrotUM home game at JRS!!!!!. Just goofin around, enjoy!!!!

Thanks. Don't particularly like fights as I would much rather watch a college football game but I am going for the socialization and food & drinks! Hey, our attendance record is not bad in comparison with the size of our university. In 2016 Miami had an undergrad enrollment of 10,615 vs. UF's enrollment of 35,043 and average football attendance @ Miami was 58,572 vs. UF 87,846....so figures pretty much in line wouldn't you agree? https://fs.ncaa.org/Docs/stats/football_records/Attendance/2016.pdf
Sorry, I have to ask...

And, I have to answer:

1. Is your son's man cave in your basement? We don't generally have basements in FL as we pretty much hit water below the coquina line, but since you asked, his man cave is located in his own home in Ormond Beach FL and I live about 8 miles away in Daytona.
2. Has your son ever been a member of the old GSMB under the name "canething?"
Much to my chagrin, my son is not a big football fan & has never posted on any football forum; thus, there is obviously something I did not do right in raising him!!!

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Thanks. Don't particularly like fights as I would much rather watch a college football game but I am going for the socialization and food & drinks! Hey, our attendance record is not bad in comparison with the size of our university. In 2016 Miami had an undergrad enrollment of 10,615 vs. UF's enrollment of 35,043 and average football attendance @ Miami was 58,572 vs. UF 87,846....so figures pretty much in line wouldn't you agree? https://fs.ncaa.org/Docs/stats/football_records/Attendance/2016.pdf
Much to my chagrin, my son is not a big football fan & has never posted on any football forum; thus, there is obviously something I did not do right in raising him!!!
If they averaged 58k in the stands then I'm the Pope.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014

Thanks for the news flash. I guess you aren't familiar with the running joke we had a few years ago.

Edit: I was attempting to follow up on your "no basements in FL" response.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
If they averaged 58k in the stands then I'm the Pope.

It's not hard to have good attendance figures when you just manufacture the numbers all season and then average it out. The game against Pitt is a great example. They report 51k for this game. Full capacity is 65K. It's an insult to anyone with a brain.

110516%20spt%20hurricanes%20vs%20panthers%20002.JPG

109%20UM%20vs%20Pitt%20football%20110

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator