Meanwhile, at Law's house...

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
So I decide to make a light hearted thread about Law's repeated and inexplicable insistence that people call him in October, and it devolves into mass confusion, with Boss derailing things in his unique pumper vs dumper fashion, Ox fighting temptation to ban someone, a random shot at Av, Crete doubling down on his Bert crush, and ultimately culminating with a borderline inappropriate emoji being posted.

Pretty standard really. But my apologies to the board, nonetheless. :lol:

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
So you think Bert would recruit worse than Butters if he were here and Butters was there? I'd also have to mention that since Bert took over a team left with virtually walk on's Bama has owned and destroyed every team in the West and causes the fall of even once mighty LSU. there's the fact that Bert's last 2 QB's will be playing on Sundays.....Butters not so much.
The fact is neither can recruit enough defensive studs to compete with Top 5 teams despite Butters inheriting an NFL roster of them. The big difference is one has proven he can put an offense on the field that at least ranks in the top half of all CFB teams.....The other,,,,,well not so much.
Oh for goodness sakes! Just post Bielema's miserable SEC record and get this foolishness over with.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Pretty standard really. But my apologies to the board, nonetheless. :lol:
Ohhhhhh.... solid work but over my head.

However, I meant at the end of our Ofer October, not at the start.

Id like to think we could hang w a&m though.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Oh for goodness sakes! Just post Bielema's miserable SEC record and get this foolishness over with.
Or just post 38-10......Butters with a 5X talent advantage and a NFL caliber defense.....Bert with more injuries than UF in 2013 and walk ons playing defense.....

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Not good enough for Arkansas but the Gators want him? Really?
Or just post 38-10......Butters with a 5X talent advantage and a NFL caliber defense.....Bert with more injuries than UF in 2013 and walk ons playing defense.....
What does 38-10 mean? I looked up his SEC record and found 10-24 beginning this season. Is that wrong? And how long would UF keep a coach with a record like that?

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Yeah I guess Mac would have won a whole bunch more walking into a situation where there was only about 40 players left on the roster instead of getting handed a defensive roster made up almost of all NFL players and a QB who will likely be standing on the Heisman podium....But yeah were so much better off with MacButters......

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Yeah I guess Mac would have won a whole bunch more walking into a situation where there was only about 40 players left on the roster instead of getting handed a defensive roster made up almost of all NFL players and a QB who will likely be standing on the Heisman podium....But yeah were so much better off with MacButters......
Name calling can only advance an argument so far. 10-24 is shouting so loud that I can't hear much else.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

He didn't enter the same situation as Butters, and doesn't have the fertile recruiting grounds of Florida. But Objectively he is in year 5, and has had 5 recruiting cycles. 100% of the roster is his players. It's not a who is better situation. Belimia has had his year 3, year 4, and now is in year 5. It is obvious he isn't the answer there.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
He didn't enter the same situation as Butters, and doesn't have the fertile recruiting grounds of Florida. But Objectively he is in year 5, and has had 5 recruiting cycles. 100% of the roster is his players. It's not a who is better situation. Belimia has had his year 3, year 4, and now is in year 5. It is obvious he isn't the answer there.
I don't think he would be the answer here either but it would have been interesting to see his offense in 2015,2016 with our defenses, and that's not to say he's some kind of offensive genius either but he has had at least 40-50th ranked offenses....his problem has been on defense...Can you imagine what Arky would look like with Butters offense and their pin cushion defense the last 3 years...... :headslap:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.