Meanwhile at VolNation

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
This was the first reply:

“Muschamp had an 11-2 Sugar bowl winning year there. That would be UT's best since 2001. We can only hope he is our Muschamp.”

Wow. And I thought WE reeked of desperation and despair...
Getting destroyed by Loovulle was a Sugar Bowl win?

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Getting destroyed by Loovulle was a Sugar Bowl win?

The legend of that season seems to grow on an annual basis. By this point next year, we'll be hearing about how our only regular season loss was to the Patriots.

Of course, that was preceded by the inevitable "Meyer left him a mess" post, despite the fact that the only reason we weren't 6-6 that year is the amount of defensive talent(and a great Kicker) that WM inherited, and never effectively replaced. But yes, by all means, that 2012 season was an absolute blast. 23 point beat downs of FCS opponents, and blocked punts for the win against Sunbelt teams are what it's all about.

UFHealthGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 12, 2017
Muschamp

Pruitt

I would say they are pretty much the same.

JP is an idiot. Not sure if this was discussed, but he cost his team a 15 yard penalty for unsportsmanlike like conduct. If a player did that I'd be furious, let alone a coach. At least DM didn't do that in the close UK loss, even when the FG was called incorrectly. Thankfully DM tends to have his wits about him, without being a total goofball.

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I literally lol'd.....

Remember Ephesians "Fee" Bartley from the early 90's teams? He was in one of my classes. I asked him if he had a brother named Leviticus or a sister named Deuteronomy. He laughed and said something like "nah man, my brother name Mike".

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
That reminds me - did anyone else hear the “f### you Florida...” chant early in the 1st qtr? Makes the win that much sweeter.

Keep it classy vole$!

I heard it, and it was right at the start. Sick. I pointed it out to my wife and she was appalled.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Yeah, they kept playing videos of their '98 season and had the members of the team there to commemorate it etc.. It was quite sad, really. Them hanging on to that '98 season with hopes of a repeat is like Minnesota thinking another 1934 season is just around the corner.

Hope we play a great game against LSU when we honor the 2008 Champions.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
JP is an idiot. Not sure if this was discussed, but he cost his team a 15 yard penalty for unsportsmanlike like conduct. If a player did that I'd be furious, let alone a coach. At least DM didn't do that in the close UK loss, even when the FG was called incorrectly. Thankfully DM tends to have his wits about him, without being a total goofball.

If you’re going to kick the board, BREAK THE BOARD.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Remember Ephesians "Fee" Bartley from the early 90's teams? He was in one of my classes. I asked him if he had a brother named Leviticus or a sister named Deuteronomy. He laughed and said something like "nah man, my brother name Mike".

But why go OT? Galatians, Philippians & Colossians (that would be his BIG brother.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator