Meet Mediocre Stricklin

Wuerffel4Pres

No offense
Lifetime Member
Aug 27, 2016
First confession: I've been in couples counseling. Second confession: Where there's heated disagreement in a relationship, there's passion, and that's far better than indifference.

The discourse here has gotten nasty of late but it's nevertheless indicative of a fan base that feels passion over its team. It's when it stops that you have something to worry over.

Yep. And sadly I am feeling more apathetic about it all with each season. Something I never thought would happen 10-20 years ago

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
First confession: I've been in couples counseling. Second confession: Where there's heated disagreement in a relationship, there's passion, and that's far better than indifference.

The discourse here has gotten nasty of late but it's nevertheless indicative of a fan base that feels passion over its team. It's when it stops that you have something to worry over.
Pumper.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Yep. And sadly I am feeling more apathetic about it all with each season. Something I never thought would happen 10-20 years ago

There's a lot of money and prestige attached to the University of Florida. There's never been a time when I thought we couldn't get back to prominence, but it's getting increasingly hard because of TV money. You gotta find other ways to separate yourself from the pack, and it doesn't help when the AD isn't a football guy.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
and that's far better than indifference.
I've never been so indifferent. I'm probably just to addicted to arguing with you guys to actually turn it off completely. I have no clue why.

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
http://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...cklin-comments-on-state-of-gators-recruiting/

Stricklin comments in context:

"We all see every year, we realize the only thing people focus on is those rankings and the number of stars kids have next to their name," Stricklin said. "And every year after signing day, people go back and look at previous years and all the five-stars that you never heard from again and all the two-stars or three-stars that were just kind of afterthoughts on signing day who end up being big-time players."

"I came from a place at Mississippi State, we signed a three-star quarterback out of some small school in Louisiana named Dak Prescott," Stricklin said. "Now look where Dak Prescott is. Then that same signing class there were two or three five-stars that were the gem of that class that you never heard from. I think there's examples after examples."

"Just as important as being able to go out and sign kids, you've got to be able to identify talent, and really good coaches I think can do that and trust their own evaluation. So we don't necessarily trust what some recruiting guy says is the right guy."
58409285.jpg

Stop this immediately! There is zero room for any reasoned thought, much less optimism in this forum! :lol:

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Dan what are we supposed to discuss in here then? This doesn't consume my life but I care about gator football and am concerned about this coaching staff and their ability to get it done, cause if they don't we are looking at another 5 years of futility

UF has spent millions upgrading our futilities ... and Mac highlights this to the recruits. :nono:

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Dan what are we supposed to discuss in here then? This doesn't consume my life but I care about gator football and am concerned about this coaching staff and their ability to get it done, cause if they don't we are looking at another 5 years of futility
Maybe an intelligent discussion deeper than "Mac sucks". When a patient comes in with shooting pain in his left arm do you give him pain meds and send him on his way or do you look for a deeper under lying cause just on case there is something more serious going on?

Here's an interesting tidbit for you: Our HC is the 15th highest paid coach and our assistant coaches 10th. We finished ranked 14th and our recruiting class will be around the same. Coincidence or
ancient-aliens-th_0.jpg

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You know MD, despite the handle, isnt a doctor, right?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
???? But he sure as hell isnt a doctor, or even an EMT/Corpsman type.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
He's a doctor. Law, you shooting for another vacation?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
you are basing this flawed assumption on what may I ask?
Sorry, thought you told us that in the box. Memory isnt what is used to be I guess. Cant think of who it must have been, some other"md" or "doc."

edit: gmd

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
He's a doctor. Law, you shooting for another vacation?
:rabbi::rabbi::rabbi:

:moon:

I work for the Big Boss, Oxrageous Prime, now.

Defend your "Discuss!" violations yourself.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator