Mertz named SEC Offensive Player of the Week after USC win

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
That's good for him. Well deserved. Kid has got some grit.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
And just to build off my point yesterday, how many times exactly was Tom Brady named SEC Offensive Player of The Week?

Exactly. Didn’t think so.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Who was the other one? The guy that blocked his only miss of the year?

Smack has been nails all year - except when not allowed to kick FGs and EPs.
The punt returner for ut that returned one for a TD.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Mertz is on track to throw for around 3,400 yards assuming he plays in a bowl game. He's currently 4th in the SEC and 14th in the nation in passing yards, while having the 3rd best completion percentage in the nation (1st in SEC). A year ago he finished 10th in the Big 10 and 81st in the nation in passing yards. He's a little less than 300 yards shy of passing his season total for yards last year, which was his career high.

I'd say he's far exceeded everyone's expectations, even those who were high on him.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Gotta hand it to Ox, he had it right on Mertz since the spring.
Suck Up Season 3 GIF by The Office

Altitude Gator

Lurking from Altitude
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2017
Mertz is on track to throw for around 3,400 yards assuming he plays in a bowl game. He's currently 4th in the SEC and 14th in the nation in passing yards, while having the 3rd best completion percentage in the nation (1st in SEC). A year ago he finished 10th in the Big 10 and 81st in the nation in passing yards. He's a little less than 300 yards shy of passing his season total for yards last year, which was his career high.

I'd say he's far exceeded everyone's expectations, even those who were high on him.
He has exceeded my VERY low expectations. He is tough and doesn't make huge mistakes. But he is still a one-read, check down QB. This last game was, in fact, no exception. If that translates into wins, as it did this last weekend, I am happy. But I will assume I am not the only one that sees this as there are a few decent DCs we are about to face.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.