Mertz named SEC Offensive Player of the Week after USC win

MooseSmack

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Mertz Offensive Player of the week
Well deserved award! Mertz delivered a true Gritty performance.
My only knock is on any ball that went deep Mertz arm looked like an over cooked limp noodle. Not sure if he was banged up or he just doesn’t have a down field deep arm.

Grumbler

Lifetime Member
Nov 24, 2017
I tell ya, we can complain about anything. This guy comes in with zero expectations, everyone on here (me included) bitching about him and he bails our ass OUT and leads, something we haven't had much of at the QB spot. We complain that he doesn't throw enough to the left side, or that he has a "noodle arm" like Danny Wuerffel. We finally saw a downfield passing game Saturday, I don't care if it was on air. Imagine what he could do if the pocket wasn't breaking down in less than two seconds.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I tell ya, we can complain about anything. This guy comes in with zero expectations, everyone on here (me included) bitching about him and he bails our ass OUT and leads, something we haven't had much of at the QB spot. We complain that he doesn't throw enough to the left side, or that he has a "noodle arm" like Danny Wuerffel. We finally saw a downfield passing game Saturday, I don't care if it was on air. Imagine what he could do if the pocket wasn't breaking down in less than two seconds.
or if the play calls provided for more of it...

Back Alley Gator

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2018
The oline play really is abysmal. Gnfp showed time and again how they missed assignments etc that led to mertz getting sacked or pressured.

And yet we are supposed to believe that two oline coaches are better investments than an oc and st coach... Kudos to Smack for kicking a FG with only ten men on the field.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
the o-line performance has been dreadful, only to be outdone by the o-line crootin.

just imagine how bad it would be if we only had 1 coach! :eek2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator