Miami landing Cristobal with 10 year, $80 million deal

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Didn't he turn down TE at UF under Mullen?
As reported, that was the position offered. I do not know if coaching TEs did not appeal to him. Napier already has his RB coach. Give him something that makes him the man. Recruiting Coordinator and TE? Whatever it takes to build a staff that gets real talent.

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Yes but I think he felt slighted because he was kept on as RB while Knox coached MSU bowl, then got bumped to TE. Think it was more of a way it was handled deal.
The feeling was he had been a very good recruiter. I can imagine he looked at the results Mullen's mid tier staff had at Miss St and thought Mullen should have recognized his worth. But you know Mullen.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Mobile AL Press Register ran an article concluding. Bama could still get whomever they wanted out of Miami, but Cristobal would mean exerting more effort. Napier was dismissed in one sentence.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
That Miami funds so much of its athletics through a healthcare system seems unusual.
Unfortunately, Covid has been very profitable for hospitals.
I don't know how that works with where funding comes from. Shands may be similar.

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Unfortunately, Covid has been very profitable for hospitals.
I don't know how that works with where funding comes from. Shands may be similar.
I am under the impression our Athletics are not reliant on other sources of University funds. Someone else may enlighten us.

On one hand I do not blame academics for seeing $80 million to a coach as being a grotesque over payment. It is. And it is unlikely even in a streak of good years that that University will recoup their investment. On the other, I think academics have done enough damage so I really do not care if they have travel expenses to go to unnecessary meetings.

Scott512

Sep 1, 2014
Not sure how they will be able to afford Cristobal and the buyout.
Maybe Donna got Hillary to kick in some jack! ;)

I don't know which is more sickening these sneaky slimy coaches sneaking out of town when they have really good teams are recruiting like crazy yet with one foot out the f****** door and they're already multi-millionaires or the scummy boosters buying their payouts for them? Maybe it's a tie.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
The average ranking per recruit, per the 247Sports Team Rankings, is now at 92.12, which is fifth-best in the country, trailing only Alabama, Georgia, Texas A&M, and Ohio State, who happen to hold the top four classes in the country. The commitment puts Miami ahead of Clemson, North Carolina, Notre Dame, Oklahoma, Penn State, and LSU in that category.
Miami signed 9 players. Avg recruit rating:
Miami 92.12
UF 89.84
FSU 89.89

Jaleel Skinner's commitment puts Miami in elite company

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.