Michigan signee DT Aubrey Solomon's mom story

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Maybe she wants them answered before deciding to take an official visit. And maybe she prefers specific answers in writing to verbal promises. Sounds like a smart lady to me.

Or maybe she's an over-bearing pain in the ass? Who knows? I do know she assisted in a college football coach losing his job by getting into an "argument" or whatever happened w/ him. That sounds like a real smart lady to me too....

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Or maybe she's an over-bearing pain in the ass? Who knows? I do know she assisted in a college football coach losing his job by getting into an "argument" or whatever happened w/ him. That sounds like a real smart lady to me too....

I think we need more of these urban kids to have over-bearing parents like this. Good for her and her son. She cares.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
The argument accusation has been proven false.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
"Will my son be able to choose his own major?"
Lady, it's UGa; there are no majors, just minors.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
The grammar nazi in me cringed when reading the survey. I asked myself if she, or anyone she knows, has been to college. Fair enough if the answer is no, and it would reflect the lack of understanding how college works. I'll give her an A for effort and concern over her son's future. Her heart is in the right place, even if her execution fell a little short.

Omar's Coming Yo!

Gator til the grave
BANNED
Oct 6, 2016
Kirby Smart allegedly fired DL coach Tracey Rocker because he got into an argument w/ DT recruit Aubrey Solomon's mom...so I was curious what happened. The things I've read is that Rocker missed on this kid and another bigtime kid last year and Smart cut ties w/ him after he got into the argument w/ the mom - sort of the last straw. First off, Rocker is well respected as a coach...but apparently his recruiting isn't up to par. I do like that Smart has the balls to cut a coach loose if he's not recruiting up to standards...but I don't like that a primadona kid/recruit can impact a coaches job because he and his mom are a pain in the ass.

This kid's mom is a fn joke. She wrote a 31-question survey for all of his suitors that included questions like "Will my son be able to choose his own major?" and "what time are football practices?" and "how does Aubrey choose his courses?" ... seriously, this is a bizarre individual to be dealing with. Can you imagine??

http://georgia.247sports.com/Bolt/Mother-of-elite-DT-has-31-question-inquiry-for-schools-48692952

https://www.landof10.com/michigan/olomonaubrey-solomon-michigan-georgia-coaching-staff-rumors
Wait his mom is a joke because she asked academic questions and wanted to know as much about the school as possible? Did you even go to college? This is an informed parent looking out for her kid. I see zero issue with this. If only there were more parents of this nature maybe kids wouldn't be as bad off as a lot of them are today.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Wait his mom is a joke because she asked academic questions and wanted to know as much about the school as possible? Did you even go to college? This is an informed parent looking out for her kid. I see zero issue with this. If only there were more parents of this nature maybe kids wouldn't be as bad off as a lot of them are today.

I've made my points on this throughout the thread. Not going to re-hash it. Some of you think she's mom of the year...I think she's Josh Portis' mom Part 2..... And yes, I went to this little school in north-central Florida called the University of Florida. I guess it's not such a great academic university like everyone likes to pat themselves on the back about after all...

Omar's Coming Yo!

Gator til the grave
BANNED
Oct 6, 2016
I've made my points on this throughout the thread. Not going to re-hash it. Some of you think she's mom of the year...I think she's Josh Portis' mom Part 2..... And yes, I went to this little school in north-central Florida called the University of Florida. I guess it's not such a great academic university like everyone likes to pat themselves on the back about after all...
Where is she Josh Portis like? She was asking questions about their academics and where her son would fit in. It's the sign of an involved parent.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Where is she Josh Portis like? She was asking questions about their academics and where her son would fit in. It's the sign of an involved parent.

Whatev, bro. You're right. I'm wrong. She's Mom of the Year!!

Sundaysunday

Jul 27, 2014
I agree other than the racist part of it, I thought it was a well reasoned and well informed set of questions. Any school would do well to provide answers to it and call it FAQ or "Answers to a Mom's Questions." She seems to understand that some programs might funnel her kid into the easiest major and that she does not want her kid in a major he could not succeed at. That is pretty sophisticated thinking.

The NCAA has reduced the time on official visits a few years back so any way to can save time and get answers to questions that you can review carefully later, the better, in my view. Now she might be a pain other ways, but no way is asking for written answers to her questions out of line.

I did not see anything racist.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Well, she does need to be careful to not go to a school where the kids arent allowed to choose their own major.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
The woman sounds bat shcit crazy and apparently cost her son a chance to stay home and play uga. She probably turned off some other schools too. Now her son has to play across the country and a coach lost his job. She didn't help her son imo.

Tunaboat

4th & 34
Lifetime Member
Nov 22, 2015
You know it's the off-season when Gatorchatter is buzzing about some Georgia kid with a nutso mom. Who gives a f@ck.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member

I agree with a lot of stuff you post. And you might be right on this one. But on the outside it looks like she cares.

Who knows for sure.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
The woman sounds bat shcit crazy and apparently cost her son a chance to stay home and play uga. She probably turned off some other schools too. Now her son has to play across the country and a coach lost his job. She didn't help her son imo.

Wouldnt surprise me if she is a little off.

It just projects a little craziness how she goes on about the situation etc. If things dont work out with her son well playing we will probably be hearing a lot out of her again.

Last edited:

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Here's the actual questionnaire:

None of those questions are even close to being crazy. That's a parent looking out for a kid.

The questionairre is also in the original post, no need to repost it. I already admitted you were right, and I'm wrong. She's mom of the year. What was I thinking?

Yankeetown

Gator MBA '84
Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2014
Here's the actual questionnaire:

None of those questions are even close to being crazy. That's a parent looking out for a kid.

I haven't bothered reading stuff on this story, beyond what's been posted here ....
but I agree with Omar
... if you were putting out an RFP to football programs, looking for some level of assurance that your student/athlete would be given appropriate support etc ... the questions would look a lot like this.

Most prospects and parents may not bother writing out their questions, but at face value these are all things to be concerned about.

If the mom is distributing this ahead of visits ... that's simply good business. I've done the same thing in advance of vendor presentations, to give the sales rep a heads-up on the things we expect/hope s/he will cover during the presentation/visit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.