Mike Farrell's five star prediction thread

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I think we would've at least beat LSU and FSU with Grier.
You mean unless Grier played the way he did in all of his games except the first half against Ole Siss? He couldn't score on Kintucky, Tinerc or Mizzu but he was going to beat everyone else.

You guys sound like Voles.

This thread has gone full retard.

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
You mean unless Grier played the way he did in all of his games except the first half against Ole Siss? He couldn't score on Kintucky, Tinerc or Mizzu but he was going to beat everyone else.

you must be Joking. he was improving every game, Kentucky was his 1st start, Tennessee his second and he played pretty well there, that was an L with Treon. mizzou had a good D...

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
you must be Joking. he was improving every game, Kentucky was his 1st start, Tennessee his second and he played pretty well there, that was an L with Treon. mizzou had a good D...
Mizzou sucked. He had two GREAT drives against the Voles to steal the win, but you have to credit the epic dumbassery of the Voles coaching staff on the scheme/play calling just as much if not more than Grier and our offense. Obviously, he was a better QB than Treon, but I never saw this friggin second coming of Brett Favre that so many of you seem to recall.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Isnt Joseph hurt pretty badly? Im not sure we can wait or take the chance that he heals.

That's a fair point. In a normal year, I'd really have no issues with not landing someone of his caliber. But I think we're so desperate at LB, we need every body we can get. The other part that's bothering is that a miami based LB is wavering on us and looking hard at WV. Not sure how credible it is, but 247 has him Crystal-Balled to Louisville. As I said above, given our depth chart and Shannon reputation, the idea that we could lose a LB to either place is a bit worrisome.

You're right though. We do need kids that will be ready by September. Still think we have to take the chance.

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Mizzou sucked. He had two GREAT drives against the Voles to steal the win, but you have to credit the epic dumbassery of the Voles coaching staff on the scheme/play calling just as much if not more than Grier and our offense. Obviously, he was a better QB than Treon, but I never saw this friggin second coming of Brett Favre that so many of you seem to recall.

i'm not saying he was all that, but he had potential at being a good QB for us.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
i'm not saying he was all that, but he had potential at being a good QB for us.
He did. He had all the potential in the world. But he chose to get himself banned and chose to transfer.

He wasn't that effective for us and I mostly blame the OL for that. However, to say that we win those games is silly. Many QBs look pretty good for a couple of games until DCs get film on them and find their weaknesses.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
I am concerned about the lack of quickness in Hammond, Swain, and Wells. Watching their videos, I see kids with slight frames who all appear to run about a 4.7 forty.
Lack of Speed at that position has been a HUGE problem since 09. Unless we close with Cleveland or Victor it doesn't look like it's going to change anytime soon.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
He did. He had all the potential in the world. But he chose to get himself banned and chose to transfer.

He wasn't that effective for us and I mostly blame the OL for that. However, to say that we win those games is silly. Many QBs look pretty good for a couple of games until DCs get film on them and find their weaknesses.

Hahaha..to say half the things that leave your lips is hilarious.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Just saw where Callaway had more receiving yards of any UF freshman...ever.

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member

Mizzou rushed 3 and dropped 8 the entire game. Not only did they stuff the run with that, they consistently beat our 5 olinemen with their 3 to get pressure on Grier. Not many places to go with the football through the air against 8 with no time to throw.

Nobody here has said Grier was the 2nd coming of Brett Favre except you. What Grier brought to the table was the first competent passing QB we've had here since Chris Leak.

None of this matters of course because Grier is an idiot and we have Del Rio's kid and Appleby battling it out over spring and fall to see if we can bring competency back to the QB position. I'm not super optimistic, but anything's better than Treon.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014

Totally agree. Grier was nothing more than average and these clowns are posting - matter of factly - that we'd have beaten LSU, FSU and/or Bama. Hilarious. FSU & Bama blew us out. And the Missouri game was his last game: 14 points, Zero TD passes.....but we're beat LSU, FSU, and Bama?? Full retard comments.....

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
LOL. This statement explains a lot. This might be the biggest homer post of all-time.
Yes, I'm really concerned his drug use has gotten out of control. He said we will win a National Championship in 2017 in the Appledy thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.