Momma always said….

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
One, two, two and a half, two and three quarters...
I learned my fractions waiting to get switched.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I’ve said this before but my mom harped on many things, usually in somewhat unorthodox fashion. A few specials:

“Only mentally retarded people watch professional wrestling. It’s made for them.”

“A third scoop of ice cream will make you fat.”

“Herschel Walker is the worst person that ever walked this earth.”

Frozen Gator

Lifetime Member
Apr 26, 2016
Mom: Think about what you're doing when you're doing it!

Grandmother: "Son, now mind your manners" as I was going the door. Guess that one didn't catch on too well!:dunno:

LaylaGator

Born to Hate Florida State
Lifetime Member
Feb 28, 2021
I wish I could add to this topic, but I believe I have blocked all my childhood conversations with my Mom as a coping mechanism to live with her now. :stickpoke:

Or maybe I'm blocking how much I sound like her when I talk to my own child.

We'll never know. :eek3:

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I got arrested once when I was 16, and even though it wasn’t an egregious offense, the prosecutor or DA wanted to throw the book at me and give me some ridiculous set of punishments. I’ll never forget on the drive home, I’m just sitting there completely dejected. And I remember saying to my mom that it didn’t seem fair. She momentarily broke character and said she agreed with me, that this punishment did not seem to fit the crime and even stated that it was an imperfect system that would inevitably have flaws. “However”, she then said, “this is why you don’t put your life in their hands.”

I still don’t watch wrestling or eat more than 2 scoops of ice cream. But more than anything else, those words have stuck with me to this day. Never forgot them.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
"Pay yourself first". (Always put something in savings".)

But my favorite was always "Sticks and stones....". Obviously, something liberals have never heard. Words are not weapons you sniveling snowflake.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
I wish I could add to this topic, but I believe I have blocked all my childhood conversations with my Mom as a coping mechanism to live with her now. :stickpoke:

Or maybe I'm blocking how much I sound like her when I talk to my own child.

We'll never know. :eek3:
I can seriously relate to this. Maybe it’s a mother/daughter relationship.
I started this thread, and yet I have nothing to really add. Isn’t it ironic?
My mother was a very fearful person and I try hard not to do that to our kids, but how do you teach them to have a healthy fear without being afraid of the world? I have a lot more respect for my mom and what she was trying to teach us now that she has passed. She did have a lot of wisdom but I just didn’t listen back then. I do credit my frugal nature and ability to save money to her.

Take time to listen to her while you still can.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.