Most anticipated part of the Spring Game

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Spring Game is one week away boys! Who else is as pumped as I am?!

That said, what are the things you are most looking forward to?

Mine are:
1) Trask vs Franks (obviously)
2) First string OL - this is going to be a strength IMO
3) Young DBs - see who is ready to step up and fill in
4) Antonneous Clayton - dude put on some serious gains

Discuss.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I'm hoping to bring my youngest two daughters to it. I saw the baseball team and playing ut at 5:00 and considered catching a few innings before the kickoff.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
giphy.gif

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I'm not at all excited about the spring game. Partly because it hasn't been a true "spring game" in many years. Just a glorified practice that the coaches script to try and give the fans some sense of hope. But, my main reason for lack of excitement is what we've been complaining about for years...lousy offense, lack of depth up front (albeit on defense for a change) and I still think we'll be watching back-up QBs taking snaps.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I want to see Eddie P kick a 70 yarder....

lets have him set it up at the goal line and see if he can to a 99 yarder (NCAA doesn't allow 100 yarders).

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Let's see how the young guys play, or which young guys get playing time. Also, how many guys will Perine truck.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
If Mac pits the #1 offense against the #2 defense again we won't learn anything.

It will just set us up for false hope like we had with LDR after last season's spring game.

If he does that again this year I won't even bother to watch.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I have thrown in the white towel on it. For how many years in a row now has the spring game been an absolute farce to reality? I'm not trying to be all negative on the state of the program. It's just that the spring will tell us absolutely nothing.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
If Mac pits the #1 offense against the #2 defense again we won't learn anything.

It will just set us up for false hope like we had with LDR after last season's spring game.

like Meyer did with Brantely, like McElwain did with Grier and then LDR. It's been a marketing piece for 15 years. Last year Spring Game was under Spurrier.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014

On the other hand, if they stink it up vs. the #2 defense it will tell us a lot. I think most schools use this formula, so even Tebow played vs. the #2's.

Thick&ThinG8r

Lifetime Member
Aug 21, 2014
I remember when the teams were selected rather evenly and winners ate steak and the losers hotdogs for dinner, good times.

Last edited:

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I was going to go with Option # 3, but I already know what Gardner is capable of and the rest of the promising guys on the back end won't arrive until summer. Just crossing my fingers nobody sustains a serious injury like Ronald Powell did a few seasons ago. Everything else is window dressing.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
On the other hand, if they stink it up vs. the #2 defense it will tell us a lot. I think most schools use this formula, so even Tebow played vs. the #2's.

Once it started to be a glorified market ploy a lot of schools are doing it. Especially now a lot of bigger programs are being nationally televised.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
#1. No injuries... please
#2. Trask vs. Franks

No other value from Spring game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.