Mullen’s scheme

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
When your hire Muskchump, McElstain and Mullinz, hopinh to win championships, doing it again in 3 years is inevitable. 7-5 just isnt going to be good enough, ever.
I don't know that Mullen will not win a championship here but I would doubt it if I knew he were going to land mostly 3 star talent while our chief rivals land mostly 4 star or classes with decent but not great OL/DL and QBs that do not turn out to be great. Too early to tell on that.

One thing that was slightly disappointing to me were his recent conferences about practice and progress. He didn't seem confident. I think he is telling the truth and he does not have a good QB yet. The QB thing will come. I am hoping he gets the OL in order, gets his staff to produce an excellent defense, and as produces game changing Special Teams play. If he can win 7 games and beat fsu he will have a great story to tell. 7 games and losses to all the traditionally good teams will mean he's asking every recruit to dig him out of a hole.

Playing for a staff has to account for something. They have to be winners or recruits go elsewhere. It's just that simple imho.

Tay Bang

I might have been mean to Byrd
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2018

I said that God isn’t recruiting or winning at MSU.

That’s what this whole dam pissing match is over. I say give Mullen a fair shot and let’s see. Steady improvement or fire him. You say fire him now. Buried in lots of over-analysis. Am I right?

Last edited:

Tay Bang

Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2018

I don’t think Jesus Christ himself would win $hit at MSU.

I stand by my last post. Fair chance of several years showing decent improvement. Or fire him. This is a several year cleanup job is all I’m saying.

Our only difference is you have a shorter leash than I do. That really isn’t a biggie.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

Franks isn't anywhere close to Fitzgerald as an overall QB and they are going to let Fitzgerald still use his wheels a lot this year. We will have to make an avatar bet or something if you really think we are going to go there and win with Franks at QB. That D line is going to have a field day against him.

Tay Bang

Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2018
Franks isn't anywhere close to Fitzgerald as an overall QB and they are going to let Fitzgerald still use his wheels a lot this year. We will have to make an avatar bet or something if you really think we are going to go there and win with Franks at QB. That D line is going to have a field day against him.

Add in home field advantage and a lot of abandoned-Wife syndrome (crowd will be pumped) and we probably won’t even be favored.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Add in home field advantage and a lot of abandoned-Wife syndrome (crowd will be pumped) and we probably won’t even be favored.

I think the game actually has a chance to get really ugly with Franks in that environment.

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
If it got ugly at Mizzou and Jax last season Starkville is gonna crush him

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Franks isn't anywhere close to Fitzgerald as an overall QB .
Fitzgerald is trash and is virtually a statistical tie w Franks. You are what your stats say you are.

Maybe he will look better w a better coach and better system.

Last edited:

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Fitzgerald is trash and is vurtually a stat tie w Franks. You are what your stats say you are.
I never bothered to look till now. I'm surprised at how pedestrian his numbers are. The 56% completion rate is nothing to write home over.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Fitzgerald is a hybrid fullback tight end. And he's a crummy qb. Using him as an argument for mullin isn't a winning formula. Stick with Prescott. At least he's an actual qb.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

I kind of think we might get a scenario where the D hangs in there at first but the offense getting tore up finally wears on the D and then they start pounding us some. I hope that doesn't happen but its what I think will happen in reality.

They did give up quite a few rushing yards to some teams last year however so maybe that is a way we hang in there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator