Mullen’s scheme

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Fitzgerald is trash and is virtually a statistical tie w Franks. You are what your stats say you are.

Maybe he will look better w a better coach and better system.

He would be ten times better here with Mullen than Franks. The kid actually has some awareness and is really good running the ball.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
He would be ten times better here with Mullen than Franks. The kid actually has some awareness and is really good running the ball.
youre out of your mind. he throws like EJ and EJ is a true freshman. he is straight shyt. wont be surprised if they replace him.

Tay Bang

I might have been mean to Byrd
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2018
I kind of think we might get a scenario where the D hangs in there at first but the offense getting tore up finally wears on the D and then they start pounding us some. I hope that doesn't happen but its what I think will happen in reality.

They did give up quite a few rushing yards to some teams last year however so maybe that is a way we hang in there.

Good job on summarizing our 7 losses last year. Each team will do the same thing they have done since 2010. Stack the box. Dare us to throw. Stop our RBs for short gains on first and second down. Gives us third and long. Incompletion or INT with secondary back to normal cover. Rinse this off-season and repeat throughout 2018.

No amount of talented receivers and fairly good running backs will accomplish anything without a QB and OL.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Good job on summarizing our 7 losses last year. Each team will do the same thing they have done since 2010. Stack the box. Dare us to throw. Stop our RBs for short gains on first and second down. Gives us third and long. Incompletion or INT with secondary back to normal cover. Rinse this off-season and repeat throughout 2018.

No amount of talented receivers and fairly good running backs will accomplish anything without a QB and OL.

And passing the ball on first down, nothing stops stacking the box like either short gains that they can't stop, or longer ones when one missed tackle results in them.

And you don't need that much talent in physical things, but mental ability is required.

Tay Bang

Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2018
And passing the ball on first down, nothing stops stacking the box like either short gains that they can't stop, or longer ones when one missed tackle results in them.

And you don't need that much talent in physical things, but mental ability is required.

Agree. But with Franks or Trask, it will be second and ten after the incompletion or otherwise an INT.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
youre out of your mind. he throws like EJ and EJ is a true freshman. he is straight shyt. wont be surprised if they replace him.

lol Says the guy dogging everyone else like Trask when we have the starting QB that showed on the field he has the least field awareness of any QB in all of FBS probably. Franks isn't even in the same time zone as Fitzgerald as a QB. Heck Fitzgerald had a higher per rush average last season than any RB we have had in years that got a legit number of carries except Davis I think and rushed for more yards last season than we have even had a RB do the last couple of years.

ChiefGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Agree. But with Franks or Trask, it will be second and ten after the incompletion or otherwise an INT.

Fortunately coach knows a lot more than you, I suspect I do as well.

Tay Bang

Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2018
Fortunately coach knows a lot more than you, I suspect I do as well.

You’ve missed the last eight seasons I can tell.

Have you missed the literally thousands of offensive plays where the opposing defense implements the “Florida Formula”? Line up 9 in the box and dare us to throw. Shut down the run and put pressure on our crappy QB’s. With great effectiveness. Except for a few quarters of Grier. What tells you Franks or Trask is going to change this?

Last edited:

ChiefGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
You’ve missed the last eight seasons I can tell.

Have you missed the literally thousands of offensive plays where the opposing defense implements the “Florida Formula”? Line up 9 in the box and dare us to throw. Shut down the run and put pressure on our crappy QB’s. With great effectiveness. Except for a few quarters of Grier. What tells you Franks or Trask is going to change this?

I have not missed a Gator season in decades. And what tells me it will change is the coach, and hopefully a much improved team especially the oline.

What pressure might that be, I see it all the time you throw an eight yard out where the LB on that side can't cover your receiver. It is not that hard I see it all the time, just not at UF for a while. Now you do have to read defenses, that is an issue but you as a coach can make it much simpler than it has been.

Your arrogant attitude is somewhat disrespectful.

I just noticed you claim to be Sid's hitman, that explains a lot. If true you must be say in your 20's with a typical over entitled and educated attitude.

Tay Bang

Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2018
I have not missed a Gator season in decades. And what tells me it will change is the coach, and hopefully a much improved team especially the oline.

What pressure might that be, I see it all the time you throw an eight yard out where the LB on that side can't cover your receiver. It is not that hard I see it all the time, just not at UF for a while. Now you do have to read defenses, that is an issue but you as a coach can make it much simpler than it has been.

Your arrogant attitude is somewhat disrespectful.

I just noticed you claim to be Sid's hitman, that explains a lot. If true you must be say in your 20's with a typical over entitled and educated attitude.

Sorry about the lack of respect Chief. Everyone in the stadium has been screaming for more of these short pass plays for years. But expecting different results without improving the QB and OL is insanity.

And yes, the Hit Man would be in his early twenties by now, hopefully on scholarship somewhere and hopefully making the most of his opportunities.

ChiefGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Sorry about the lack of respect Chief. Everyone in the stadium has been screaming for more of these short pass plays for years. But expecting different results without improving the QB and OL is insanity.

And yes, the Hit Man would be in his early twenties by now, hopefully on scholarship somewhere and hopefully making the most of his opportunities.

Sorry you missed my oline comments, and I expect improved QB play with better coaching. If we don't get it from one individual he won't be QB that long.

Perhaps we need SOS to be the designated QB puller, if you don't run the proper play you don't deserve to play.

Since it is the internet I am not sure hit man even exists.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

Still way better than Franks and it isn't even close as an overall QB. Miss State players had crappy rush defense against the better rushing teams they faced in 2017 giving up over 200 yards multiple times.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

I guess I am saying you don't get the crazy Driskeling with Fitzgerald and he can run good. Unless Franks has improved a lot I would like to see who is a worse power 5 starting QB than him.

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
Well...he can run well...don’t lose sight of your grammar sir

Tay Bang

Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2018

So if Driskel is better at La Tech than UF, it’s the coaching, not the competition?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator