Mullen officially signs six-year, $36.6 million deal at UF

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Buddy, you're living in an alternative universe when you make comments like that. Coaching is 95% preparation and 5% sideline adjustments.

I have absolutely no love for Saban, but what he's done at Alabama, even WITH its tradition, is nothing short of phenomenal.
There’s a lot of truth in what he said. Saban figured out what he needed to do when he went to LSU by stockpiling talent. He then realized the value of a large support staff while in the NFL. Bama committed to give him the best of both worlds through financial support and he hasn’t looked back since.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
McElroy (sorry edited, easy to think of McElwain and McElroy in the same breath) says Saban would ban the forward pass if he could.

Last edited:

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
There’s a lot of truth in what he said. Saban figured out what he needed to do when he went to LSU by stockpiling talent. He then realized the value of a large support staff while in the NFL. Bama committed to give him the best of both worlds through financial support and he hasn’t looked back since.
I unfairly jumped on the opening portion of his comment. The rest was pretty spot on. Saban was smart enough to take something out of each stop along the way.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Mullen jokingly muttered : "I had to sign.I was under death threats if I didn't."

Omar's Coming Yo!

Gator til the grave
BANNED
Oct 6, 2016
He was the best coach MSU ever had. EVER. Their bowl record before he came was 7-6. That’s 7 bowl wins in 115 years. He went 6-2 in bowls during his tenure there.
I wasn’t a fan of the hire, but to try and say he wasn’t successful there is just bullsh*t.
Jackie Sherrill is the winningest coach in MSU history in wins. He got them to the seccg. Sherrill won more ranked games. Mullen had 4 cupcakes OOC a year. I've never said he wasn't a success, he's not an elite coacg whos resume was built on beating bad teams.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Jackie Sherrill is the winningest coach in MSU history in wins. He got them to the seccg. Sherrill won more ranked games. Mullen had 4 cupcakes OOC a year. I've never said he wasn't a success, he's not an elite coacg whos resume was built on beating bad teams.
Jackie Sherril. Was that back when they wore leather helmets?
Sherril was 75-75-2 (43-59)
Mullinz 69-46 (33-39)
I don't have my calculator out but my rough estimate says Mullinz did better.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Sherrill had four winning SEC seasons.

Mullinz had one single lonely one (and only one game over .500).

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
This is all meaningless blather, of course. We have no control over who gets hired, although we DO have some control over who gets fired.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Its always fun reading these threads. The same points are made throughout many threads but it’s extra fun when they’re concentrated in 1 location - makes the battle lines easy to see.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Jackie Sherril. Was that back when they wore leather helmets?
Yeah, way back when Florida dominated the SEC east.

In the 90s, Cowbell and Arky dominated the west, you know, two teams that Mullinz and Fat Bert fans claim cannot even compete bc the schools are so bad.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Yeah, way back when Florida dominated the SEC east.

In the 90s, Cowbell and Arky dominated the west, you know, two teams that Mullinz and Fat Bert fans claim cannot even compete bc the schools are so bad.
So we shoulda hired Spurrier :dunno:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator