Sep 4, 2014
ohhh guys look, GatorJ and his Swamp Ass mentality
ohhh guys look, GatorJ and his Swamp Ass mentality

tumblr_p0mktfpbHt1suda6jo1_1280.gif

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015

If that is what he has. He did throw a lot more when he had Prescott, less so with Leak andTebow but still effectively. Those are two obscenely talented guys and a solid college QB. The way you describe Fitzgerald he sounds like Jordan Reed at QB. (The only MSU game I watched last year was the Egg Bowl and he got hurt.)

He absolutely set up Tebow’s passing with his running, though, so your point stands. He’s going to stretch the field side to side with the running game to set up whatever passing we can do. That will depend on the QB’s strengths plus how these WRs look.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
When Mullen punted from Bama's 40 in the 4th Q even though it was clear his defense had already given everything they had and no longer had any chance to stop Bama, I knew the game was over. One of the worst coaching decisions of the year that I witnessed. Kind of an aside but this reminded me of it.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
When Mullen punted from Bama's 40 in the 4th Q even though it was clear his defense had already given everything they had and no longer had any chance to stop Bama, I knew the game was over. One of the worst coaching decisions of the year that I witnessed. Kind of an aside but this reminded me of it.

Yeah, I remember watching that and thinking the same thing. Of course, if he goes for it and fails, it only speeds up the inevitable loss.

I'm thinking his thought process was "no way we're winning this game, I'm taking the UF job anyway, and there'll be no problem unloading my house because I seemingly only paid for materials."

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Yeah, I remember watching that and thinking the same thing. Of course, if he goes for it and fails, it only speeds up the inevitable loss.

I'm thinking his thought process was "no way we're winning this game, I'm taking the UF job anyway, and there'll be no problem unloading my house because I seemingly only paid for materials."

:lmao2: The fact that I'm currently shopping for a house in Huntington Beach makes me want to hurl when I see a home like that for the same general price range that I'm looking at 2300 SF ranches greater than 10 blocks from the beach on 3000-6000 SF lots.

And as you recall, of course they punted it into the endzone so got all of 20 yards vs a chance to seal a first ever victory over Saban. I'm thinking if he won that game Stricklin would have given him 7 million a year easy, so even financially it was a bone-headed decision.

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

I was at the Bama game, and yes, it wasn’t “pretty”. It was damn effective & the only way they had a chance to pull the upset.

Whatever, just like a few others you’re only going to see the negatives & harp them. On the other hand, I know with zero uncertainty that he will bring an offense that is light years better than what we just suffered through and I feel very confident that it will continue to improve in succeeding years.

Peace.

Last edited:

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
His offense might suck?:scratchhead:

Alabama gave up an average of only 12 points per game last year. Cowbell laid double that on them & you think that their offense sucks?

Seems legit.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Alabama gave up an average of only 12 points per game last year. Cowbell laid double that on them & you think that their offense sucks?

Seems legit.
The last year we played Bammer (2016) we put 14 points on Bammer and Cowbell scored 3 (w a QB some of you claim is evidence of Mullinz exoertise bc he is such a great RB).

This is a fun game.

Last edited:

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
:lmao2: The fact that I'm currently shopping for a house in Huntington Beach makes me want to hurl when I see a home like that for the same general price range that I'm looking at 2300 SF ranches greater than 10 blocks from the beach on 3000-6000 SF lots.

And as you recall, of course they punted it into the endzone so got all of 20 yards vs a chance to seal a first ever victory over Saban. I'm thinking if he won that game Stricklin would have given him 7 million a year easy, so even financially it was a bone-headed decision.

I live in the DC area and housing here is ridiculous (not as bad as your neighborhood, but still ridiculous). I feel for you! I have a 1400sf house (counting the basement) it's a 1946 "Pentagon house" (housing they built around WWII for all the Pentagon/DOD employees). Closets are about the size of most houses coat closet, bathroom vanity is about the size of an airplane's bathroom sink, house 22'x22'....and it's over $600K (more the closer they are to the metro). It's unbelievable! (btw, I'm expecting another housing bubble - not quite as bad as 2007/08, but a drop in prices for sure).

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
The last year we played Bammer (2016) we layed 14 points on Bammer and Cowbell scored 3 (w a QB some of you claim is evidence of Mullinz exoertise bc he is such a great RB).

This is a fun game.
Have we sunk below UToothless? Now we not only look for our own moral victories, we celebrate MSU losses as victories as well?
I live in the DC area and housing here is ridiculous (not as bad as your neighborhood, but still ridiculous). I feel for you! I have a 1400sf house (counting the basement) it's a 1946 "Pentagon house" (housing they built around WWII for all the Pentagon/DOD employees). Closets are about the size of most houses coat closet, bathroom vanity is about the size of an airplane's bathroom sink, house 22'x22'....and it's over $600K (more the closer they are to the metro). It's unbelievable! (btw, I'm expecting another housing bubble - not quite as bad as 2007/08, but a drop in prices for sure).
That sounds similar to our pricing out here. I exaggerated a little. I can't afford a 1.35 million home, but it's right at 900K to a million for the 2400 SF ranches I described. It ranges from 400-600 SF out here as long as you didn't expect to be a couple blocks from the water, then it goes up to 700 plus. Waterfront? fuggedaboutit.

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
No, we’re not “celebrating MSU losses”, merely pointing out the lunacy in persisting to put forth the notion Mullen won’t bring a better offense to the Gators than what we’ve had.

But hey, don’t let me interrupt you, itraz & Debbie Downer Donkey tugging each other trying to convince everyone the opposite . :lol:

:popcorn:

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The last year we played Bammer (2016) we layed 14 points on Bammer and Cowbell scored 3 (w a QB some of you claim is evidence of Mullinz exoertise bc he is such a great RB).

This is a fun game.

So your saying he improved each year under Mullen.

Yep, good point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.