Muschamp accepts USCe HC job, called "pure liar"

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Yes he can recruit.....no offensive lineman or linebackers.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
ritesx-large.jpg

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
You all do realize he wants to exact revenge on us and prove how unfaaaaair it was how he was treated. Probably especially glad he's in the East.

Gatorious

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Seems OBC was the key player after all.

a selection

Im shocked to hear this...SHOCKED!

Current South Carolina wide receivers coach Steve Spurrier Jr. could be retained by Muschamp in some capacity, a source told The State.

there it is folks!!! it all makes sense now....

Spurrier didn't give his blessing to Mushamp to have him kick Jr to the curb.

Tanner really is letting the Spurriers milk Carolina.

You didn't think we were getting rid of Spurrier THAT easy, did you?

We have to pay the devil his due, as long as he has nothing to do with recruiting.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Yes he can recruit.....no offensive lineman or linebackers.
Or receivers, or tight ends, 1 decent QB in 4 years, etc... Cocks must be stiff with excitement :lol2:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Love how their fanbase has completely turned their back on Spurrier and what he did for them. Somehow they believe that he will hang around Columbia. What morons. With all the QB talent coming in, you don't think SOS might pop into an offensive meeting with Big Mac's invite?

Gatorious

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Spurrier's first 4 seasons here were the first time we've ever been bowl eligible 4 years in a row. Muschamp's 4 seasons at Florida gave him the worst winning percentage of any Florida coach in several decades

It's alright. I was hoping to attract more the non-delusional fan just to see who's still with us. I think a lot of folks are still in denial about this whole thing. Next step is anger in the 5 step process of grief of denial, anger, bargaining, depression, and acceptance. You, Cbreezy, and I are getting closer to acceptance having already gone through anger, bargaining, and starting the depression phase.

Glad you picked up on that. Completely disagree that he hired the best candidate. In fact, he hired the worst. UVA, VT, and Maryland all got better coaches and we have a much larger budget. Instead, we hired a failed coach and now have the lowest paid coach in the entire SEC. Remember people complaining about the lowest budget for recruiting? Well, you get what you pay for. Utter incompetence.

Gatorious

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
lol...a Gator is over there on Rivals posting this thread:

If you guys need psychotherapy or mental health counseling....
please come to our board. sadgator is 100 % serious and genuine in what he is about to say. No fans should be made to suffer in the manner that we did from 2011-2014. You guys did not deserve this. We can probably swap stories and share in your grief to help you through the difficult times ahead if you need understanding. Just remember to stay optimistic. You have many other exceptional sports programs. In time, you'll move past it, and probably be more humble and reasonable about your expectations as we are. Our thoughts and prayers are with you as you come to grips with what lies ahead. So, so, very sorry for you.

Gatorious

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
The truth of it...Muschamp a good hire
I've said some of this in replies to other posts. I think Muschamp is a great hire. He was not my first choice, but a great hire. Things are different here than they were at Florida. They are an over-privileged fan base...spoiled by past success. We are more warm and welcoming and hungry for sustained success (some posts not withstanding).

I have been through too many years of hiring legendary coaches who are merely shells of their former selves. Not to take away from their abilities or what we accomplished, but I was waiting for the Spurrier fire and swagger.....never came.

I am ready for a coach with a fire in his heart to prove something to the world....a coach with a chip on his shoulder so big you can see it from space....a coach not afraid to tell all the haters and the over-bloated talking heads at ESPN where they can stick their opinions.

The truth is we have an awesome university with top notch academic programs, a kick-a$$ campus, and a fired up fan base.....we should be proud of who we are. We don't need some legend to stoop down and try to "fix us." We don't need to be fixed. We need a coach to climb on board with us and drive us to the championship game.....I'm done with coaches towing us along behind them....first little rock or bump in the road and tow rope slips right out of their hands. You can't let go if you are in here with us!

Bring it on, Muschamp!! I will take some F-bombs and a few 15-yarders, but you gotta bring it!!! Bring it hard and show the world!! Tell it!!

The title of this thread is so utterly ridiculous. If opposing fans are coming here to laugh at us, this is the first thread they probably click.

I have spent the last hour or so, reading on other boards and seeing what they thought about it. Floriduh, Albarn, TaterTech (although I knew I wouldnt get much in the are of objectivity from TaterTech but I digress....)
I was not in favor of the Champ hire at all - in fact, I am not happy with it at all - so I hoped I might get some positive feedback on him. I had a very difficult time finding ANYONE with anything positive to say about this. Most were absolutely mocking the hire, and questioning the sanity of Tanner and the committee. That didnt help me feel any better....
Sorry, but I dont see this working out in our favor in any single area. Tanner screwed this one up completely and I just dont get how anyone can be thrilled about this hire.

Last edited:

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Glad we'll get to his continued implosion on a conference level. Mac is now primed to control and dominate the East. A few things to point out:

The Cocks AD will get screwed on the buyout more than likely and leave USCe's bank account limp.
If he can't win at UF with the talent base he had, it'll never happen at Columbia.
The Cocks will have an impotent offense and will be hard pressed to beat anyone.

This is the perfect recipe for a huge and monumental meltdown. I for cannot wait to sit in the Swamp and when UF is clinching the East again and we're up by 30 on this asshat the Gator Fans go in a collective chant, "BOOM, M'fer".

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Lol at least some of the fans are embracing it. The new slogan I saw was "you can't spell Muschamp without USC." Which is technically true. Their cookie is in the mail.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.