Muschamp: No plan to play 2 QBs

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
oxrageous;66625 said:
We rag on each other but we're all still Gators. It hurts to be so down on the team, it really does. I sorta admire those that are still upbeat. Things aren't always going to be down like this, though.
Unless Foley fires Muschamp, then in turn gets fired by Machen for firing Muschamp, and then Machen ultimately ends up hiring Muschamp as our AD. Then we will always be down like this.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I appreciate coach 9 we need fans like him. Heck I wish I was more optimistic. I mean there's a lot of football to play I understand him.

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
t-gator;66632 said:
I appreciate coach 9 we need fans like him. Heck I wish I was more optimistic. I mean there's a lot of football to play I understand him.
I am what one would consider a pumper, but this UT game could be that straw for me...

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Ray Finkle;n66633 said:
I am what one would consider a pumper, but this UT game could be that straw for me...

I really don't see this game shaking out too well for us

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Well, we can hope for a great defense, a solid run game, and just enough lucky bounces to keep it close enough to win in the 4th quarter when they get tired of tackling Jones.

PaulDrake

Della Street's Baby Daddy
Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
oxrageous;n66625 said:
We rag on each other but we're all still Gators. It hurts to be so down on the team, it really does. I sorta admire those that are still upbeat. Things aren't always going to be down like this, though.

As I sit here in my den surrounded by Gator memorabilia I have to say Ox is more than right. I find that no matter the circumstance each Gator loss is like a kick to the groin for me. I HATE losing. That's why I know I'm in for a load of pain on Saturday. I wanted to be wrong in every way imaginable about Ron Zook. I still want to be wrong in every way imaginable about Muschamp. But you don't have to be a chicken to know what an egg is. I know a rotten one when I see it. If I'm eventually wrong about Champer I'll be the first one on here yelling it at the top of my lungs. But right now having this guy as our head coach is like continuously hitting your self in the head with a ballpein hammer. It feels so damn good when you stop....

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
PaulDrake;n66647 said:
As I sit here in my den surrounded by Gator memorabilia I have to say Ox is more than right. I find that no matter the circumstance each Gator loss is like a kick to the groin for me. I HATE losing. That's why I know I'm in for a load of pain on Saturday.
This.

Mush will move on in a few weeks. Maybe he'll become a Cock, a Buckeye, a Wolverine, maybe even a Seahawk.

But we will all still be Gators (of varying levels).

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
PaulDrake;n66647 said:
As I sit here in my den surrounded by Gator memorabilia I have to say Ox is more than right. I find that no matter the circumstance each Gator loss is like a kick to the groin for me. I HATE losing. That's why I know I'm in for a load of pain on Saturday. I wanted to be wrong in every way imaginable about Ron Zook. I still want to be wrong in every way imaginable about Muschamp. But you don't have to be a chicken to know what an egg is. I know a rotten one when I see it. If I'm eventually wrong about Champer I'll be the first one on here yelling it at the top of my lungs. But right now having this guy as our head coach is like continuously hitting your self in the head with a ballpein hammer. It feels so damn good when you stop....

I do have a bad feeling about this game. I hope I am wrong.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n66656 said:
I do have a bad feeling about this game. I hope I am wrong.

Because we will start two (new) true freshmen in the defensive backfield?

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n66662 said:
Because we will start two (new) true freshmen in the defensive backfield?

Because of much more than that.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
The way the East is shaking out, we could lose at UcheaT, badly, on Saturday, fire Duncechamp, then with Roper as interim HC win the last 6 conference games and be in Atlanta. No way Mizzou is going 7-1 in conference this year, and we play them, UGA, and USC.

G 2

Founding Member
Gator Great
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
threatmatrix;n65692 said:
Should not the title of this thread be simply

Muschamp: no plan

Unfortunately I think this is what it comes down to. I don't think Muschamp has a plan to turn things around. I haven't heard a new idea from him that he has actually followed through on since he first arrived. He simply doesn't change. It may be because he is too arrogant or simply he is uncreative. Or maybe he is simply unable to make the hard decisions and it is easier not to.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n66642 said:
Well, we can hope for a great defense, a solid run game, and just enough lucky bounces to keep it close enough to win in the 4th quarter when they get tired of tackling Jones.

Insert Gilly into that statement and that pretty much sums up all of 2012.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Funny that the folks complaining about the name calling are also the ones that call him "Boom" and "Champ".

In addition our Defensive has regressed ever since Quinn left.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I called him Boom and Champ before I called him Dawg and Chimp.

No one complained about the first two. Wonder why?

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n67065 said:
I called him Boom and Champ before I called him Dawg and Chimp.

No one complained about the first two. Wonder why?

My nickname in high school was Stork. I'm not sure if I'd have enjoyed it if people started calling me Dickhead or the like.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
It's one thing to have a nickname. It's quite another to make disparaging remarks that are both asinine and juvenile. (And yeah, yeah, I know it's asinine to call him "Champ".) And I'm no Muschamp apologist. Frankly, I've grown sick of him. I just hate the name calling. I'd like to say Gator Nation is above it, but I suppose that would be a lie. Of course, I see the name calling on here a thousand times a day and there's nothing really unique or creative about any of them any more so I'm "pretty much" immune to it.

Yes, his defense took a step back last year from that stellar 2012 D but it still finished top 10 in the nation. And that was with absolutely NO OFFENSE. This year, yeah that's another story.... Boy, nobody was that worried about LP or Roberson leaving early last year. And most barely blinked an eye when Cody Riggs transferred. Sure would love to have a couple of those guys back now. Based on what I've seen from our secondary, they would have made a huge difference. Our secondary is just atrocious thus far.

But I'm not worried, I'm sure "Coach Boom" will get a grip on the situation, manage the midline, clean a few things up and just execute better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.