Muschamp: No plan to play 2 QBs

HogtownGator

It's Great to be a CCW
Aug 8, 2014
Gator Fever;n66416 said:
I don't understand Muschamp - with how bad Driskel is if he did start Harris and we somehow pulled a 7-4 record with him being a freshman Foley might try and give him another season while he probably wouldn't at 7-4 with Driskel.

It's almost as if he knows he is already toast, and having an inept QB takes some of the stink off his turd.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gatoravatara;n66394 said:
I am fine with this. Urbs got us 2 rings. Wallowing in mediocrity year after year is just not an option anymore,

Isn't that exactly what we are doing?

You make some of the most ill conceived statements!

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Coach9;n66376 said:
He is a good defensive mind. We've had top defenses since he's been here. I trust he'll get this year's straightened out. Hopefully Roper gets the offense humming. Champ's proven to be a top tier recruiter. The number of guys he got to flip last year with us being 4-8 is pretty amazing. We have many of the top recruits leaning our way as long as the season goes well. He runs things the right way and cleaned up the program. Personally, I don't want an outlaw program. I can't cheer for "bad" guys.
I think kids play hard for coach. Has he done some on the job training? Sure. All 1st time HCs do. But I think he has tremendous upside to do some good things here for a long time. If I'm wrong, I'll wish for the best from the next guy.

I see it differently.we've only had one stout defense since he's been here.And he's been out recruited by jimbo every year exept one. He's made huge errors in recruiting qbs and olinemen. I will will give him props for salvaging last year's class. But this program is going to recruit itself. He's been a terrible in game manager. And last year I seen a team that completely gave up on him last year.And this year these guys don't look like they're having much fun.I just think it's time to move on.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Champ's proven to be a top tier recruiter. The number of guys he got to flip last year with us being 4-8 is pretty amazing.
WTF are you talking about? We finished behind Kintucky last year (and 6 other SEC teams) and we will be damn lucky to finish in the top 40 this year. We have massive holes all over the OL and at DT. We are again starting mediocre players at LB and WR and are terrible at S after having recruited 16 DBs in the last 4 years. We have never gotten more than 2 of the top 20 Florida players. We've basically lost out on every 5 star playmaker, even the kids from Florida.

He owns every damn bit of this.

You think that is a good recruiter?

Good Lawd. Totally divorced from reality. I guess you could say that his recruiting isn't terrible relative to his record of two losing SEC seasons, but that's about it.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Coach9;n66310 said:
The repetitive bashing and name calling is ridiculous. Many appear to be actively rooting against the man. As Gators we should all hope he is successful otherwise we are looking at another step backwards before moving forward. I hope the man is successful. With that comes a top tier class that will give us the depth along both LOS that will put us in the hunt for Championships moving forward.

Two major suppositions in your post. For starters, there is zero evidence that we'd automatically take a step backwards before taking a step forward. There is sufficient talent on this team for a coach to win here. And if not, then he's failed in recruiting at one of the easiest-to-recruit schools in the country and should be fired for that. Spurrier took many of the same kids from '89 and turned the culture his first year. Meyer followed suit.

Second, he's had a class he inherited in 2011, two full classes in '13 and '14, and of course the leftovers from Meyer to develop productivity along the LOS. If it isn't there by now, what on earth indicates with any measure of confidence that he will successfully do it in future years, and should therefore be given even more time?

This is nothing more than fear mongering to make an argument that the safe course is to do nothing and be patient. No one wants him to fail because it means UF will have failed. But enough with the long-term, "if only he had more time" nonsense. No one, outside of a dwindling few within Gator Nation, believes this anymore. The time is now. Win with what you have, or get out.

Ftr, I don't like the name calling, or modification, either.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Coach9;n66376 said:
He is a good defensive mind. We've had top defenses since he's been here. I trust he'll get this year's straightened out. Hopefully Roper gets the offense humming. Champ's proven to be a top tier recruiter. The number of guys he got to flip last year with us being 4-8 is pretty amazing. We have many of the top recruits leaning our way as long as the season goes well. He runs things the right way and cleaned up the program. Personally, I don't want an outlaw program. I can't cheer for "bad" guys.
I think kids play hard for coach. Has he done some on the job training? Sure. All 1st time HCs do. But I think he has tremendous upside to do some good things here for a long time. If I'm wrong, I'll wish for the best from the next guy.

He just gave up the most yards in school history. Good? That's horrific. His D has been in a tail spin since the UL loss. He's overrated as a defensive coach and as a recruiter. He's getting absolutely worked in recruiting right now and about that D. What exactly are you hanging your CWM hat on again? Upside? The guy is trending downward and that 2012 season was Quinn and a bunch of NFL talent especially at DT.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
HogtownGator;n66425 said:
It's almost as if he knows he is already toast, and having an inept QB takes some of the stink off his turd.

Its definitely a crazy situation.

HogtownGator

It's Great to be a CCW
Aug 8, 2014
Originally posted by Coach9 View Post
The repetitive bashing and name calling is ridiculous. Many appear to be actively rooting against the man. As Gators we should all hope he is successful otherwise we are looking at another step backwards before moving forward. I hope the man is successful. With that comes a top tier class that will give us the depth along both LOS that will put us in the hunt for Championships moving forward.

quotes-about-hope-2.jpg

Hope isn't always rational.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Anyone still defending WM is simply not facing reality...they're just basing it on wishful thinking. The guy has done nothing positive other than get the off-field issues under control. While that is admirable, it shouldn't be the deciding factor in his continued employment. He's breaking records every week that coaches like Dickey and Zook managed to avoid. Being the HC at a top school is simple...win or GTFO.

Jenny On The Railroad

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Alagator;n66234 said:
But the childish name calling has always rubbed me the wrong way. Grow the hell up and stop with the simple minded, immaturity. We can voice our displeasure without resorting to such childish tactics. I've never seen so many grown men resort to such simplistic, childlike measures.

Sometimes people just need to be childish and simplistic. Although I respect it rubs you the wrong way. Every adult has a child in them still. I was privileged to work with a lot of groups of young children at one point, and you know, most of them still have a lot of traits that we sadly lose as we age. For the record, I wouldn't personally use a derisive name for JD or players because respect their efforts, but people vent in different ways.

Speaking of childish, and simplistic, some of our HBC's actions have been that in the past, and a lot of us think his thinking has been somewhat magical ( a young child trait) In his case, I mean seeing what he wants to see despite a lot of outer circumstances to the contrary and proceeding in ways shown to be counterproductive, because of how he sees it internally.. I will give him this- he has a strong sense of conviction.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Alagator;n66234 said:
Yeah, I used to defend Muschamp. Lately, not so much. I had hoped he would work out. After all, if he worked out that meant all was right with Gator football. Not to mention I just tried to be a counter balance to the avalanche of negativity or criticism. Now, I could care less if he stays or goes. I just want Gator glory to be restored with or without him and it's become clearer by the day that it'll have to be without him. Hell, I'd love to be wrong but don't think I am.

But the childish name calling has always rubbed me the wrong way. Grow the hell up and stop with the simple minded, immaturity. We can voice our displeasure without resorting to such childish tactics. I've never seen so many grown men resort to such simplistic, childlike measures.

Have you seen our head coach's tantrums on the sidelines?

Jenny On The Railroad

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n66240 said:
Thank you again. 5th grade reading level at its finest!

Maybe you are just bantering?

you err if you actually equate proper english, writing , speech , or reading level with intelligence.( small y and e out of convenience, not ignorance) I get that that kind of thing bothers you,( based on chatterbox comments saturday) so for your comfort, I have been foregoing ending sentences with prepositions, but remember, this forum is a format for informal writing and communication.. Maybe take a deep breath ( and let it out) or look away when we fall from the proper form..

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Alagator;n66277 said:
You shouldn't make the Sas angry. You wouldn't like him when he's angry.
Exactly. He ate all my beef jerky.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
We've seen... don't know how/never have been there coaches, political blowhard/rhetoric coaches and well organized, team centered, championship coaches. Pumpers need respect and succumb to the wisdom of those that have been around the program a few decades. Muschamp is pretty bad, and it shows in the product he brings to the field. The players will tell the tale once he is gone, albeit short lived I hope, as they will need to get on board with the new coaches mantra for winning.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Jenny On The Railroad;n66489 said:
Sometimes people just need to be childish and simplistic. Although I respect it rubs you the wrong way. Every adult has a child in them still. I was privileged to work with a lot of groups of young children at one point, and you know, most of them still have a lot of traits that we sadly lose as we age. For the record, I wouldn't personally use a derisive name for JD or players because respect their efforts, but people vent in different ways.

Speaking of childish, and simplistic, some of our HBC's actions have been that in the past, and a lot of us think his thinking has been somewhat magical ( a young child trait) In his case, I mean seeing what he wants to see despite a lot of outer circumstances to the contrary and proceeding in ways shown to be counterproductive, because of how he sees it internally.. I will give him this- he has a strong sense of conviction.

I have four children of my own. I love and adore children and all of their innocent qualities. That's not the kind of childishness I'm referring to though. His kind is the kind that reminds me of the fat, overgrown bully on the grade school playground. Maybe that's why it rubs me the wrong way. Of course, I really think he's just trolling and shouldn't be taken too seriously. He seems to really enjoy getting under peoples skin. Of course that reminds me of previously said bully. Some people never grow up and simply take their antics to a different forum. The kind of place they can show their true colors and not get fired from their job, etc. A message board is perfect place for that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator