Muschamp: No plan to play 2 QBs

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
And for what it's worth, I understand the reasoning behind running 3 straight times after the 8 minute drive by Bama. I really do. But Muschamp and Saban know one another well. Does anybody here NOT believe that Saban was reasonably confident that that was exactly what we were gonna do? It would have been really refreshing to have seen us come out and try something new and/or creative. It may have yielded the same net result. But at least I would have had hope.

Alas, I will cheering for the orange and blue this Saturday. And Like every game day for the last 3 years I will be hoping to see good QB play. I hope the light turns on for JD and he lights it up. I've rooted for him all of this time. It'd be great to see him live up to his potential and hype.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Whereas I have my doubts about tossing an untested freshman into the equation when we're 2-1, I have equal doubts about Muschamp's feel for the situation. He said the same thing about Murphy a year ago and look what happened. Popgun arm or not, he provided a much-needed spark until the shoulder against LSU. Roper is the key here IMO. Is he seeing the same of Harris as Muschamp? Does the reluctance to change horses have more to do with confidence in Driskel or concern over Harris not protecting the ball? If there's one thing the coaches are going to be worried about, it's an inexperienced quarterback coming in and turning over the ball.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
oxking;n66017 said:
Thinking logically? When has thinking logically been demonstrated by the chump? Why, when the game is out of hand would you not logically put in your backup QB just for the game experience if nothing else? Why when the starting QB is taking the team nowhere and your job is on the line would you not at least give the backup, who has by the way shown great poise, a chance to do something positive? Freshman QB's are demonstrating starting ability in a many places but the logic of the chump stays with a QB that for 3 years has shown he is not a difference maker at this level. Really, can you really call it logical? Doesn't it actually fall into Einstein's definition of insanity? The Bama game showed just how relevant the Gators are in the national picture. Disgusting for sure but certainly not logical.
:deadhorse:

I cringe every time a grown ass man can't even use Muschamp's given name. Pretty much obliterates credibility. :facepalm:

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Muschamp obviously believes that Jeff is the better of the two for his job. I don't know if he is correct or not, but I do hope that Jeff gets it figured out and lights up Tennessee, LSU and the rest of the SEC on the way to the East title and a win against the West in the SEC Championship!

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
dubster1;n66184 said:
just wanted to chime in with my 2 cents... fooley/chump/dudskil that is all
I keep getting the feeling you want this coaching staff replaced. You always beat around the bush, though.

dubster1

Chip Kelly is a done deal
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014
i have asked santa claus if i can have this for christmas! fooley is playing grinch!

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
dubster1;n66196 said:
i have asked santa claus if i can have this for christmas! fooley is playing grinch!

Maybe we need to ask for a word with Foley at the LSU game.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n66116 said:
I cringe every time a grown ass man can't even use Muschamp's given name. Pretty much obliterates credibility. :facepalm:
So you would have considered that post credible if he hadn't done that? Of course you wouldn't have. You just didn't care for the sentiments.

Are you sure you aren't related to Muschamp? Sometimes I think it's the only remaining explanation for your undying loyalty. Fess up, man. With the golden parachute ($8 million) he's about to get, I would congratulate you if you were - maybe you could get a little piece of it.

I mean, I certainly don't question your love for the Gators, never have. How can you not be more upset about what's happened to your beloved program? Coaches (like quarterbacks) fail all the time and have to be replaced. It just didn't work out for him. But I wonder if you aren't going to break down into hysterical heaving sobs when he's finally fired (I can clearly picture Swamp Queen holding and consoling you). It just seems so personal.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n66202 said:
Maybe we need to ask for a word with Foley at the LSU game.

If we lose to Tennesse and LSU, I doubt Muschamp will be the coach of the future by Georgia.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n66204 said:
So you would have considered that post credible if he hadn't done that? Of course you wouldn't have. You just didn't care for the sentiments.

Are you sure you aren't related to Muschamp? Sometimes I think it's the only remaining explanation for your undying loyalty. Fess up, man. With the golden parachute ($8 million) he's about to get, I would congratulate you if you were - maybe you could get a little piece of it.

I mean, I certainly don't question your love for the Gators, never have. How can you not be more upset about what's happened to your beloved program? Coaches (like quarterbacks) fail all the time and have to be replaced. It just didn't work out for him. But I wonder if you aren't going to break down into hysterical heaving sobs when he's finally fired (I can clearly picture Swamp Queen holding and consoling you). It just seems so personal.

Please go back and find anywhere I've said he's done a good job this year. I'll sit and wait, but not too long, because I have sh*t to do today. I just don't dwell on it and make up names for him like a f*cking 6 year old. Grow up. FFS, It's only football.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
dubster1;n66184 said:
just wanted to chime in with my 2 cents... fooley/chump/dudskil that is all

WTF does dudskil even mean? It sounds like some sh*t a toddler would spurt out when trying to talk for the first time, right before they sh*t their pants.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
dubster1;n66219 said:
ahhh is the super hero upset!

More like shocked that someone like you slipped through the cracks of the education system. And by shocked, I mean not shocked in the least bit.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Does JCurtis post here under another name ? I was trying to remember who is the biggest sunshine pumper of them all.

dubster1

Chip Kelly is a done deal
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014
no need to be shocked there captain it happens all the time. just ask your chump coach you love so much!

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
dubster1;n66226 said:
no need to be shocked there captain it happens all the time. just ask your chump coach you love so much!

Another statement that makes absolutely no sense. Thanks for making my point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator