Muschampitis already infecting Auburn's offense

Gator87

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
After being touted as being the next Cam Newton. Jeremy Johnson proceeds to go 11-21 for 137 with 3 picks. Sounds like the stats every QB had when the asshat was here. If I was Malzahn I would not allow Muschamp anywhere near any of my offensive players.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, I mentioned this in this weeks unreleased podcast. Auburn has already slowed the game down and are running significantly fewer plays than last year. The hiring of chump is going to get Malzahn fired.

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
oxrageous;n273975 said:
Yeah, I mentioned this in this weeks unreleased podcast. Auburn has already slowed the game down and are running significantly fewer plays than last year. The hiring of chump is going to get Malzahn fired.
Do they go ahead and fire WM and make him the highest paid unemployed person in America?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
If you take Malzahn's deadly offense away from him, what good is he? Is he going to stop doing the only thing that sets him apart?

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
He killed our offense which was one of the greatest offenses ever. He killed Texas' offense as a DC. No he's killing Auburn as a DC.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
How do you kill an offense as a DC? It violates the laws of physics.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n273989 said:
You bitch about the defense being too tired, which is why the team struggled last year, blahblahblah. Auburn has had tremendous success under Malzahn running that offense. I just can't believe they would dial it back now, even with that neanderthal barking in their ears.

Gator87

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n273989 said:

Will Muschamp is like Kryptonite to an offense. If he is located on the same sideline during a game the offense dies.

8802Gator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I might be wrong but I think they ran 62 plays in that game. The ints didn't help that number obviously, but that is not anywhere close to what they have been doing since Malzahn took over. Secret double agent Muschamp is now undercover in the Auburn program.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I vote that any WM threads warrant a 3 day vacation.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
His vaunted Defense gave up 240 rushing yards to an OC known for his passing game....

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
BMF;n274033 said:
His vaunted Defense gave up 240 rushing yards to an OC known for his passing game....

In hindsight, that absolute bonehead opening play was the difference in this game. How an offensive "genius" can have an entire offseason to script a play, knowing his counterpart, and not effectively drill into the head of his FR to not force something, is beyond me. Just terrible.

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;n274039 said:
In hindsight, that absolute bonehead opening play was the difference in this game. How an offensive "genius" can have an entire offseason to script a play, knowing his counterpart, and not effectively drill into the head of his FR to not force something, is beyond me. Just terrible.

I agree completely... Playing from behind the whole game is not their style...

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
If a person knew nothing about the Auburn program, that person would have thought Muschump and not Malzahn was the head coach. I didn't see the point as to why they kept showing and mentioning Chump. They did it ad nauseam.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
soflagator;n274039 said:

Petrino teams have never been known for discipline. That play, the offside penalty and timeout fiasco at the end cost them the game....His teams will always be just short of championship material for that reason. I'm very glad he didn't get to sniff the UF opening. All that being said, I don't think Auburn is better than 4th in the Western division this year.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Gator87;n274004 said:
Will Muschamp is like Kryptonite to an offense. If he is located on the same sideline during a game the offense dies.

Can you say Joe Btfsplk?

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
From sbnation

rating teams, came to talking about Auburn's performance:

They looked disjointed and still beat a pretty decent Louisville, 31-24, but there are plenty of reasons to be freaked out.

Auburn QB Jeremy Johnson could have easily thrown five INTs, most of them unforced, which should scare the hell out of Auburn fans. The defense struggled at times with picking up mobile QBs, but also has a Carl Lawson capable of blowing up the other team's offense at any time. I will not suggest that Will Muschamp carries a bacteria or virus causing offensive dysfunction wherever he goes. I will not suggest that Will Muschamp carries a bacteria or virus causing offensive dysfunction wherever he goes. I will not-

muschrage.0.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.