My Bucs have #1 overall pick

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Ray Finkle;n138461 said:
You take Mariota if the GM has any brains. He can make all the throws and doesn't seem to have bipointfiveami 21. Congrats on being the worst team, just don't make it worse
Lovie Smith will fight the Mariota pick every step of the way. I mean, this guy just went 2-14....that's a whole two wins better than anyone on the planet would have done. He's a genius.

I honestly think if you named me head coach of the Bucs with the same assistants, I could manage 2 wins out of 16.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I don't think marriota is gonna be a very good pro if he's asked to start right away. He'd be better off in a Aaron Rodgers type of situation. Right now I just don't think he can sit back in the pocket and carry his team. In the nfl the game is won from the pocket, look at how awful rg 3 is now that he's lacking an acl in both knees. I think Winston is probably going to be alot like Jay Cutler, look good at times but throw alot of picks.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
oxrageous;n138474 said:
Lovie Smith will fight the Mariota pick every step of the way. I mean, this guy just went 2-14....that's a whole two wins better than anyone on the planet would have done. He's a genius.

I honestly think if you named me head coach of the Bucs with the same assistants, I could manage 2 wins out of 16.

Ehhh...not so sure. Quick look at the schedule and I only see you coming away with 1 win.

Basically Lovie is twice the coach you are.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;n138503 said:
Ehhh...not so sure. Quick look at the schedule and I only see you coming away with 1 win.
Against who? :lol:

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
8802Gator;138434 said:
lol.

But give the devil his due, Winston could be a very good QB, if he could ever get his act straight, which I don't think he can. I'd be shocked if the bucs don't take a QB though as intelligent as that analysis was (not kidding, great insight :)) there is so much pressure to find a franchise QB

To be a good quarterback you need to be a good decision maker. He has proven time and time again that he cant make good decisions on and off the field.[/QUOTE]

Reminds me a lot of Ryan Leaf and Vince Young. Winston has bust written all over him. Extreme talent. A basket case upstairs.

ntcrze

Founding Member
Banned
Banned
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
If Winston is available, you'd be a fool to not pick him. He's a once in a generation type player. He's the best prospect and is in the same class as a Manning, Elway, or luck when they came out. He's also a much better player in college than any of them. Mariota is a stat boy, but has shown that he cracks under pressure. Winston has never succumbed to pressure, he's unparallelled in his ability to win, even if he has a bad game, as seen in the game against Florida this year. It's a no-brainer, if Winston is available, you take him. The only thing Mariota does better than Winston is run, every other asset favors Winston. But I would not get ahead of myself, Winston has never given any indication that he will leave early and his latest clearance of the false sexual assault charge means he won't be facing any more harassment from the money seeking accuser and her sleazy attorneys, at least while in school. They'll have to think long and hard before going civil court since their latest attempt to get their lies believed failed miserably.

Mudd

Lurker
Aug 19, 2014
Has no one watched how bad Winston has been this year against a lot of bad teams? Last year was the perfect storm with the WRs and O'Leary. If it was not a fluke he should have been even better this year. 24 TDs and 17 ints, I think Driskel could have done that in the ACC.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Trade the pick down for more draft picks later or draft Mariota. Stay away from Wnston.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
ntcrze;n138594 said:
If Winston is available, you'd be a fool to not pick him. He's a once in a generation type player. He's the best prospect and is in the same class as a Manning, Elway, or luck when they came out. He's also a much better player in college than any of them. Mariota is a stat boy, but has shown that he cracks under pressure. Winston has never succumbed to pressure, he's unparallelled in his ability to win, even if he has a bad game, as seen in the game against Florida this year. It's a no-brainer, if Winston is available, you take him. The only thing Mariota does better than Winston is run, every other asset favors Winston. But I would not get ahead of myself, Winston has never given any indication that he will leave early and his latest clearance of the false sexual assault charge means he won't be facing any more harassment from the money seeking accuser and her sleazy attorneys, at least while in school. They'll have to think long and hard before going civil court since their latest attempt to get their lies believed failed miserably.
Okay, enjoy another 30-day break!

:bananawave:

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
ntcrze;n138594 said:

Honestly how much crack do you smoke before you get on message boards? On the same class as Manning, Elway or Luck? The guy is possible the 1st or 2nd best quarterback in one of the weakest quarterback drafts in the last 10 years. He wouldn't be a top 10 pick in last years draft, but he is a once in a generational player in this years draft. I guess his stats got so much better from last year to this year, after defensive coordinators had a years worth of game tape on him right? And using his game against Florida as an example, dude was horrible and coulding make an NFL level pass in that game. So far he looks like he might be the next Matt Leinart, a guy who did well in college due to the talent around him who when forced to make an NFL level pass didn't have the goods.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I was afraid to click on this thread but I'm glad I did. Hilarious.

Lovie Smith reminds me of Will Muschamp. Dinosaurs...3 yards and a cloud of dust. Keep it close and hope you win in the 4th quarter. In today's NFL, that philosophy isn't going to work. Too many rule changes favoring the offense. It is very difficult to lose 14 games in the current NFL. The Glazers boys are the worst owners in the NFL. They suck.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
T REX;n138665 said:
I was afraid to click on this thread but I'm glad I did. Hilarious.

Lovie Smith reminds me of Will Muschamp. Dinosaurs...3 yards and a cloud of dust. Keep it close and hope you win in the 4th quarter. In today's NFL, that philosophy isn't going to work. Too many rule changes favoring the offense. It is very difficult to lose 14 games in the current NFL. The Glazers boys are the worst owners in the NFL. They suck.

A T Rex complaining about dinosaurs??? Only on GCMB!

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Maybe the Bucs will go after Cutler? Lovie Smith would like that.

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n138667 said:
A T Rex complaining about dinosaurs??? Only on GCMB!

Very good Wobble! Touche'

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Winston's long windup and horrific decision making skills are going to end his NFL career in a hurry. If you can't go a full season in the ACC without throwing 17 interceptions, then how are you going to do against the best defensive backs in the world every week? But yeah, the Bucs will be stupid enough to draft him, and it sucks even more because I live here and I'll keep having to hear about his sorry ass all the damn time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator