Nape and NIL

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
So Napier seems to be really pushing the Gator Collective for NIL. That's a good thing. And for their part the Gator Collective thinks they are way ahead of what is being done at other places. That leaves a lot of questions though. What % of donations go to the athletes for example.

Learn About The Gator Collective | Florida Athlete NIL

What percentage of pledges go to the athletes?

Between 85-90%. Our overhead costs are very low since much of the work is being done pro bono. The GatorCollective has one hourly employee to assist with administrative and bookkeeping matters. We have retained legal counsel to ensure compliance withNIL law, and we have other expenses related to IT, marketing materials, content creation (photography and videography), and fan engagement experiences. The goal has always been, and will continue to be, to get the most lucrative NIL deals to the athletes. Our Advisory Board was created to reassure the fans that this is happening.

Are all contracts the same? Is the money divided up equally?

No. The contracts vary based on the specific athlete and the requirements of the athlete under the contract. For example, an athlete who appears in person at a fan engagement event would earn more compensation than an athlete who posts on social media. Additionally, higher profile athletes may receive more compensation than lesser-known athletes. Each deal is individually negotiated and agreed upon by the athletes and The Gator Collective.

Are the contracts exclusive with The Gator Collective?

No. The contracts are intentionally not exclusive. We want the athletes to have the opportunity to do the most they can in this new NIL world. In fact, we promote their deals with other groups and businesses on our social media.

What happens if an athlete transfers or otherwise leaves the program?

The agreements are limited in time and scope to provide protection for member funds in the situation where an athlete may transfer or no longer participates in the athletic program. The agreements can’t be canceled, but we specifically structure the agreements to minimize these risks.

Is The Gator Collective affiliated with the University of Florida?

While The Gator Collective exists exclusively for the benefit of Gator athletes and fans, it is not affiliated with the University of Florida. It is a third party created to work with Gator athletes.

Are you able to sign recruits to NIL deals?
No.NIL law prohibits compensation paid to athletes to encourage attendance at a particular institution. The Gator Collective welcomes the opportunity to work with the athletes once they are enrolled.

‍What’s the best way to keep up with The Gator Collective?

While we send out periodic emails to our members, our Twitter and Instagram pages are the best way to obtain the most current information about our athletes and our operations.

Am I able to make a one-time contribution?

Absolutely. We accept contributions from both individuals and businesses. Please contact us at [email protected].

Are there different levels of access based on the amount my pledge?

No. Every fan's situation is different. If we all do what we can, the collective impact can be huge. Do what works for you, and you still get full access.

I’d like to obtain autographed memorabilia or personalized content. Can you help with that?

Yes. We can work with you to arrange specific NIL deals with the athletes.

I’d like to create an NIL deal for a player to represent my business. Can you do that?

Yes. We have the framework set up to facilitate these types of opportunities for businesses. We can help with the creative media and all agreements have been reviewed by legal counsel to ensure compliance with NIL laws.

How can I get more involved?

If you would like to help promote the mission of The Gator Collective or donate services to our organization, please contact us at [email protected]. This is a team effort, and we appreciate any help we can get!

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Dark mode is for phags.

I expect everyone to donate $20/mo
Rich people like Brad have to donate $200/mo.

For now on your Gator fan level is your donation level.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'll willingly donate all my oxbucks. That should get us a few good-uns!

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Dark mode is for phags.

I expect everyone to donate $20/mo
Rich people like Brad have to donate $200/mo.

For now on your Gator fan level is your donation level.

At first I saw this as competing with the UAA for donations. But I think it’s more like market segmentation. People who wouldn’t give to the UAA will give to this. The net effect is growing the pie.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
The idea of chipping in money to pay high school kids to play for UF seems ridiculous. It's absurd that's where we are.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The idea of chipping in money to pay high school kids to play for UF seems ridiculous. It's absurd that's where we are.
But chipping in money to have a place on the web where we can come together to talk about them playing... Not ridiculous at all.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
But chipping in money to have a place on the web where we can come together to talk about them playing... Not ridiculous at all.
You're a clown.

Those who really can't see this will destroy college football probably shouldn't reproduce. It's already bad and will only get worse from here.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
You're a clown.

Those who really can't see this will destroy college football probably shouldn't reproduce. It's already bad and will only get worse from here.
The sport has been all about the money for a very long time.

What difference does it make whether that money goes into facilities, coaches or to the players?

And why shouldn't the players get compensated based on their value?

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The sport has been all about the money for a very long time.

What difference does it make whether that money goes into facilities, coaches or to the players?

And why shouldn't the players get compensated based on their value?
What? They already are. Just as you say, it’s been all about the money for a very long time. The players have been the ones getting the money, now we just know where they’re getting it from.

Ironhead

Defender of freedom.
Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
I wouldn’t give them the puss from a pimple on my FN ass.

First off, 90% of these “Student” athletes couldn’t even sniff getting into UF without Football.

2nd..All the money put into facilities, strength and conditioning, nutrition and everything that comes with it, benefits these greedy little turds directly.

Not to mention a FREE education, there for the taking, no matter if one of these grifters decides to take it or not.

I hope and pray this collapses the system as we know or forever.

Paying an 18 year old kid a million dollars a year will lead to a multitude of problems.
Drug use, violence against girlfriends and wives, fast cars, houses dui’s, all that comes with …..Money and wealth for a kid that hasn’t Earned jack ****.

These kids will be playing for MONEY.
Not the University Of Florida.

I hope this blows the lid off a d we end up with NO ATHLETIC SCHOLARSHIPS

Then the unions and the agents and the NFL and multi million dollar coaches, can all go straight to hell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.