Nape and NIL

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I agree that this just started and it's going to get MUCH, much worse. I'm sure there are already plenty of discussions going on right now on regulations that are going to have to be put in place.

Personally, I think it will hurt UF football a lot more than it will help it. I think no matter how attractive the situation gets under the new staff, we're going to lose out on a bunch of players that we normally would have gotten solely because of sweetheart money deals elsewhere.

Teenagers aren't patient. They can't look ahead 3 days, much less 3 years. When someone is flashing $$$ in their face that they can have NOW, they aren't thinking of the NFL down the line - they are going to grab that cash. Travis Hunter is the pioneer of this mindset. Do you think playing in FCS is going to help his NFL career?

Ironhead

Defender of freedom.
Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
I agree that this just started and it's going to get MUCH, much worse. I'm sure there are already plenty of discussions going on right now on regulations that are going to have to be put in place.

Personally, I think it will hurt UF football a lot more than it will help it. I think no matter how attractive the situation gets under the new staff, we're going to lose out on a bunch of players that we normally would have gotten because of sweetheart money deals elsewhere.

Now, it’s all fake.
It doesn’t mean a damn thing when players would rather go to Georgia, not for better coaching, exposure or experience, rather for a better NIL deal.

Same for our team.
Players come for a better NIL deal, not because they fell in love with the University.

Hell, this will end up worse than the NFL.

RiverRat

Glass half full
Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2017
Billy seems to know what needs to be done for UF to keep up. We will know by this time next year if the Gators can play with the “BIG BOYS” in NIL payouts.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
:lmao:
So you honestly think , in the very first recruiting period for NIL, a team with the number one class that paid 25million for that class, isn’t going to affect college football?
And you honestly think that this first recruiting period of NIL is the first time recruits and their family members got paid?

8 and muthafuchsin 4 beyotch

For the record, I never even hinted at a sub shop owner or a Chevy dealer influencing THBC on any playing time or anything having to do with the team, the player and THBC.

Then what the fuchs are you crying about then? How is football going to be affected by NIL if it aint coming between the coach, his coaches and his players? Its pretty simple, you play football and you get paid. You play better football and you get better paid. The best players are going to end up at the schools with the best EXPOSURE for NIL as well as the best program to make them better. Wow, its almost as if you could describe the whole situation by using a college kid looking for the best school he can get into for the program he is interested in. Makes sense, right?

You didn’t answer my question about Travis Hunter either.

Yes I did. You obviously missed it. It was the 2nd sentence of my post that you quoted and replied to...

"You seem to take an exception and treat it as the norm."

You don’t think a 5 star player headed to Jackson State has affected your regular Ol’ passionate FSU fan?
Or their program?

You arent happy about that? What is wrong with you? Fuchs fsu and fuchs your ol passionate fsu fan.

Again, this is in its infancy.
This will grow, and steamroll college football within 5 years.

Stop using stupid words like grow and steamroll college football. Please, for the sake of everyone here, please be specific by what you mean with steamroll college football within 5 years. Because I just dont see it, at all, and to be frank, someone that thinks the way you do is a loser who sees doom in opportunity. I see us back within 5 years if our coaches can coach because its obvious we got a coach who knows how to recruit and the importance of NIL. We are in the best conference and in the football rich part of the country. Allowing players to get paid for their NIL is a win for places like Florida.

Paying players a stipend, I agree!

Paying players in multi million dollar deals complete with contracts and cash equal to or greater than a minimum contract in the NFL is preposterous.

This is a can of worms and the first salvo in retaliation should be, revoking all athletic Scholarships .

You just dont get it. Revoke all athletic scholarships. That is the dumbest fuchsing thing to say. I would love to watch you walk into the lockerroom and say the stupid things you are saying here. What a moron. These players aren't getting $ for their NIL from the school. These players are getting $ for their NIL because of how they play and perform on the field much in the same way that school just got a big fat pay check from the SEC.

Here is what I suggest...I suggest you go EABOD...then join the Gator Collective and give some $ so we can get some talent to stay in state. Otherwise, STFU.

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
There is a choice right now. Either play the game as it is now configured or don't. In the long run it is out of hand, and it is not what was intended. Anyone with an ounce of grey matter should have seen this coming. Now, will anything be done about it, or is the real intent to turn college football into a professional sport. Beats the hell out me. The people who made these rules couldn't possibly have missed this obvious outcome. Money talks. Always has. Always will.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Now, it’s all fake.
It doesn’t mean a damn thing when players would rather go to Georgia, not for better coaching, exposure or experience, rather for a better NIL deal.

Same for our team.
Players come for a better NIL deal, not because they fell in love with the University.

Hell, this will end up worse than the NFL.

Very soon, we could have a football team with 25 Philanderer Fleming’s that would celebrate with our opponent after a loss.

Laugh if you want but I never thought I would see the day when an athlete on scholarship at UF would taunt me over a Georgia victory.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Very soon, we could have a football team with 25 Philanderer Fleming’s that would celebrate with our opponent after a loss.

Laugh if you want but I never thought I would see the day when an athlete on scholarship at UF would taunt me over a Georgia victory.
The fact that he's still on the team alone should get MW fired :lol:

Ironhead

Defender of freedom.
Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
And you honestly think that this first recruiting period of NIL is the first time recruits and their family members got paid?

8 and muthafuchsin 4 beyotch

Then what the fuchs are you crying about then? How is football going to be affected by NIL if it aint coming between the coach, his coaches and his players? Its pretty simple, you play football and you get paid. You play better football and you get better paid. The best players are going to end up at the schools with the best EXPOSURE for NIL as well as the best program to make them better. Wow, its almost as if you could describe the whole situation by using a college kid looking for the best school he can get into for the program he is interested in. Makes sense, right?

Yes I did. You obviously missed it. It was the 2nd sentence of my post that you quoted and replied to...

"You seem to take an exception and treat it as the norm."

You arent happy about that? What is wrong with you? Fuchs fsu and fuchs your ol passionate fsu fan.

Stop using stupid words like grow and steamroll college football. Please, for the sake of everyone here, please be specific by what you mean with steamroll college football within 5 years. Because I just dont see it, at all, and to be frank, someone that thinks the way you do is a loser who sees doom in opportunity. I see us back within 5 years if our coaches can coach because its obvious we got a coach who knows how to recruit and the importance of NIL. We are in the best conference and in the football rich part of the country. Allowing players to get paid for their NIL is a win for places like Florida.

You just dont get it. Revoke all athletic scholarships. That is the dumbest fuchsing thing to say. I would love to watch you walk into the lockerroom and say the stupid things you are saying here. What a moron. These players aren't getting $ for their NIL from the school. These players are getting $ for their NIL because of how they play and perform on the field much in the same way that school just got a big fat pay check from the SEC.

Here is what I suggest...I suggest you go EABOD...then join the Gator Collective and give some $ so we can get some talent to stay in state. Otherwise, STFU.
STFU pussy boy.

You got your panties all in a wad because most people can see what’s coming.

For someone that appears to be completely sold on this NIL bs, you sure are defensive.

Read through this thread.
Where are all the other supporters for this?

You must be younger than 30, and all in on the new woke BS.

I get it, you support this.
You’re dismissed now.

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019
There is a choice right now. Either play the game as it is now configured or don't. In the long run it is out of hand, and it is not what was intended. Anyone with an ounce of grey matter should have seen this coming. Now, will anything be done about it, or is the real intent to turn college football into a professional sport. Beats the hell out me. The people who made these rules couldn't possibly have missed this obvious outcome. Money talks. Always has. Always will.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
The Travis Hunter “exception” could easily become the norm in time.

Ironhead

Defender of freedom.
Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
I seriously doubt it simply because companies will quickly realize there’s little to return on their investment.
Damn good point.
It may be this whole NIL thing will self correct.
Once a few of these kids get a bunch of cash to sign somewhere, their incentive to perform and drive to greatness diminishes.
In some anyway…..

These company sponsors may soon see that their investments aren’t at all paying off.

Very good take.

Mr2Bits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Damn good point.
It may be this whole NIL thing will self correct.
Once a few of these kids get a bunch of cash to sign somewhere, their incentive to perform and drive to greatness diminishes.
In some anyway…..

These company sponsors may soon see that their investments aren’t at all paying off.

Very good take.
You mean the idea of paying an 18-year-old to try and sell people to buy something he gives two ****s about will backfire?

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I seriously doubt it simply because companies will quickly realize there’s little to return on their investment.

So you think that this, without any changes, this will cure itself? I don't. As long as a group of filthy rich boosters are allowed to form a shell company and dump money on prospects, some schools with willing filthy rich investors will control what is now "the market". For many schools without boosters wiling to pony up, it will suck the life out of their programs. Even for those schools who chose to "buy" players, contributions to other parts of the football program will go down. Even the filthy rich have a limit.

I'm guessing that the filthy rich's priorities are 1) Win 2) Make the rest of the program better.

It has already affected me. I'm not filthy rich, but until this is fixed, I'm not contributing a dime to our program. I have no desire to see college football become an entirely professional sport for a very few schools. You might as well split college football into two categories. Professional college football and non professional college football.

Last edited:

Mr2Bits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
So you think that this, without any changes, this will cure itself? I don't. As long as a group of filthy rich boosters are allowed to form a shell company and dump money on prospects, some schools with willing filthy rich investors will control what is now "the market". For many schools without boosters wiling to pony up, it will suck the life out of their programs. Even for those schools who chose to "buy" players, contributions to other parts of the football program will go down. Even the filthy rich have a limit.

I'm guessing that the filthy rich's priorities are 1) Win 2) Make the rest of the program better.

It has already affected me. I'm not filthy rich, but until this is fixed, I'm not contributing a dime to our program. I have no desire to see college football become an entirely professional sport for a very few schools. You might as well split college football into two categories. Professional college football and non professional college football.
Pretty easy to see how A&M went from 1 five-star to 7

RiverRat

Glass half full
Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2017
Just a guess but I believe the only return on their investment the big oil money people care about is seeing A & M win big and knowing they made it happen.
They will be drinking Scotch and slobbering on each other in their private luxury boxes . Only losing will make them think twice about dropping wheel barrel loads of money in their NIL war chest.
I do agree a normal business would look at return on investment, these Cats ain’t normal.

Back Alley Gator

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2018
Just a guess but I believe the only return on their investment the big oil money people care about is seeing A & M win big and knowing they made it happen.
They will be drinking Scotch and slobbering on each other in their private luxury boxes . Only losing will make them think twice about dropping wheel barrel loads of money in their NIL war chest.
I do agree a normal business would look at return on investment, these Cats ain’t normal.

On second thought, if it hurts and embarrasses those phags down in Austin it can't be all bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.