National Signing Day 2017

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@CoachMcElwain: Since they didn't get an official signing day at home, we created one for them. Congrats to our 5 midyear enrollees! Glad you're in the fam.

NASHVEGAS G8OR

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
I wonder if the Gators and/or the Noles were contacted by Parks after he delayed his initial announcement this morning. If so did the Gators and/or the Noles aid Saban per se with the grayshirt heist by now having no interest in Parks.

Regardless based just on what is known currently, Parks should have not done anything with the Tide until he could get his ducks in a row (( and seek trusted advice assuming he did not )). Saban may have put the now or never pressure on Parks for a decision. I still have empathy for the high school kid and do not mean to belittle him whatsoever.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Edwards Live stream

It was hard to determine who he picked - the hat looked red in that video and I saw that he had given Louisville his verbal, so I thought he was gone. Then I see later that he actually committed to us. :stars:

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I wonder if the Gators and/or the Noles were contacted by Parks after he delayed his initial announcement this morning. If so did the Gators and/or the Noles aid Saban per se with the grayshirt heist by now having no interest in Parks.

Regardless based just on what is known currently, Parks should have not done anything with the Tide until he could get his ducks in a row (( and seek trusted advice assuming he did not )). Saban may have put the now or never pressure on Parks for a decision. I still have empathy for the high school kid and do not mean to belittle him whatsoever.

The whole thing is a mess. I think the biggest difference between Saban and everyone else is that most would noticeably cool on a player over time if it was looking like there was a problem accepting them(grades, room, better option, etc.). Under Saban, Alabama never relents because they refuse to be left hanging with a late "flip" of NSD surprise announcement. So the kid never gets a chance to emotionally detach from his primary school and gets left hanging with few options on NSD, and will thus basically do whatever they ask at that point. It's a dirty play on their part, but not much different than what the players themselves pull almost on an annual basis. It would be better for all involved if recruiting became a little more respectful. Until then, you'll have cases like this.

Tunaboat

4th & 34
Lifetime Member
Nov 22, 2015
The whole thing is a mess. I think the biggest difference between Saban and everyone else is that most would noticeably cool on a player over time if it was looking like there was a problem accepting them(grades, room, better option, etc.). Under Saban, Alabama never relents because they refuse to be left hanging with a late "flip" of NSD surprise announcement. So the kid never gets a chance to emotionally detach from his primary school and gets left hanging with few options on NSD, and will thus basically do whatever they ask at that point. It's a dirty play on their part, but not much different than what the players themselves pull almost on an annual basis. It would be better for all involved if recruiting became a little more respectful. Until then, you'll have cases like this.

:whistle:

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Whaaat? @CoachMcElwain: From Lakeland High School, I'm excited to welcome James Robinson to our @GatorsFB family! #Swamp17 #GoGators

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator