***NCAA Tournament*** Florida vs East Tennessee State

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
Florida vs Virginia approximately 8:40 PM EST on Saturday night. FSU vs Xavier at 6:10 PM EST. I will post a new Game Thread tomorrow

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Good to see the other guys step up in this game. Hoepfully Barry kicks in more against Virginia. We'll need them all.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I like our chances with UVA.

The only things that worry me is our typical slow starts and lack of pressure on 3 pt. shots but we do seem to usually play better in the second half. Scoring 80 with two best scorers not helping much is really encouraging going forward.

diehardg8r

Sep 14, 2014

You must be watching a different team then pal. His rebounds and pts are almost the same and avg's 22 min a game, 3 less than last year, probably because he stays in foul trouble most of the time. Does that sound like a team that has a focus on the low post big man as a big part of how they run the offense?

Last edited:

Gator by the Sea

Lifetime Member
Mar 9, 2017
25 wins and still alive. Enjoy watching this team.[/QUOTE]

Yes, this season it has been a lot of fun watching this team. Hopefully we can keep it going with a win Saturday night!

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
DRob - Monster Dunk!
bilde

http://www.ncaa.com/video/basketball-men/2017-03-16/dunk-devin-robinson-0

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Looks like a Hater and Complainer ChiefGator disliked a couple of my posts so you are OWNED and DESTROYED baby!! ChiefGator kind of a variation of ChiefOsceola (FSU) posing as a Gators fan. OWNED and DESTROYED and TRASHED!! Go Gators!!

Come now I don't claim to be the best Gator fan, but I have a nice framed diploma, I wonder if you have one. And I have an issue with your owned destroyed and trashed when applied to Gator fans who just disagree with you. Now rivals are open season if they are arrogant and disrespectful, but if they are reasonable there is no call for your overly emotional posts, at least that is my view.

ChiefGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015

ChiefGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Yeah these Haters and Complainers don't have anything to complain about cause we WON so they have to dislike my posts. LOLOLOL @ those LOSERS!! Gators WIN and yall LOSE!! Love it when the TROLLS are unhappy. Go Gators!!

So I assume you are totally satisfied with the actual play? I am happy to win, I am much happier to play well up to our potential. Why might that be? Well actually playing well gets wins against this sort of competition (should be blow out wins), and when you do it consistently it gets a lot more wins. This team could get to the final four if it was hitting on all the potential it has.

I am of course happy with the win, but would be happier with say a win where we were in front the entire time, won by say 20 and played everyone on our team. Happy is realtive.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
In March Madness, you survive and advance. This team isn't the 05-07 teams when you just KNEW we would win everything all the time. Are there teams that COULD play up to their potential and be unbeatable?? YES but do ALL those teams play that way ALL the time?? NO. Are we going to hit just 1 three pointer in a half EVERY GAME and then hit 6 in the 2nd half?? I have no idea cause EVERY game is different. This Gators team COULD get to the Final 4 IF it was hitting on all cylinders and potential BUT so could 32 other teams!! Was Notre Dame HAPPY they WON by 2 points yesterday ANYWAY they could???? Were FSU and WV HAPPY to WIN by 6 ANYWAY they could?? Would those teams have liked to have won by more?? YES of course but its March Madness and you WIN anyway you can!! This time a year you just have to tough out wins and keep grinding forward. A lot of teams had to do that yesterday and today will be much of the same.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I just LOVE it when people try to MINIMIZE our WINS and say oh this or oh that. Do you think that Michigan is HAPPY to win by 1 point today instead of their season being OVER??!!

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I just LOVE it when people try to MINIMIZE our WINS and say oh this or oh that. Do you think that Michigan is HAPPY to win by 1 point today instead of their season being OVER??!!
I think Michigan is happy they survived their plane crash. :lol:

ChiefGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015

Happy is relative, sure they are happy to have won, more happy to play well and win by 20.

ChiefGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
In March Madness, you survive and advance. This team isn't the 05-07 teams when you just KNEW we would win everything all the time. Are there teams that COULD play up to their potential and be unbeatable?? YES but do ALL those teams play that way ALL the time?? NO. Are we going to hit just 1 three pointer in a half EVERY GAME and then hit 6 in the 2nd half?? I have no idea cause EVERY game is different. This Gators team COULD get to the Final 4 IF it was hitting on all cylinders and potential BUT so could 32 other teams!! Was Notre Dame HAPPY they WON by 2 points yesterday ANYWAY they could???? Were FSU and WV HAPPY to WIN by 6 ANYWAY they could?? Would those teams have liked to have won by more?? YES of course but its March Madness and you WIN anyway you can!! This time a year you just have to tough out wins and keep grinding forward. A lot of teams had to do that yesterday and today will be much of the same.

Decent points but other teams do get a more consistent performance and some of them have more talent that we do. I agree that this team like some others is dependent on defense and grinding out wins, the difference is that they had one or two who could be relied upon to score.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
We should tread lightly in condemning those criticizers. I bet stuff CheifG put out sounds much like the locker room postgame "chewing out" that White gave them. Sure, White likely said nice things about those oddly stepped up. But I bet most of his words were focussed on that the way the team played is no way to play in a one-loss national tournament. The FG% of Allen & Barry were too far "off".

I was pleased with Gak; he looks hefty & he makes sure the rim doesn't block his scoring... a flaw our previous big man displayed. I think Stone has good awareness of how he needs to release the ball to get it into the net. I don't think Keith will let the D-men screw up/alter his shot into "weird's-flight" like we've seen too much of near the basket. I'm hoping White will let him prove himself more as we go along. Hard to experiment or extend 'guess-faith' towards low-minutes players.

But the summary is = White's a good young coach. This season has already been excitingly happy. I think Canyon Barry "gifted" these Gators with a reliable source of points but mostly I think we will see his Gator-contribution after he's gone. There will be a mental "visual" of how he attacked, but now they have the opening to "fill-in" his absence and a couple of them (Stone & Hester) may give us better stats.

I hope every Gator hits his "max-splash" and we wow the audiences and trounce our opponents. Go Gators.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.