NCAA Tourney Thread

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
The played a couple of SEC teams close but lost by a couple of points I think. Didn't see either of those games however.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
ETSU shoots well, but they turn the ball over a ton, something we happen to excel at on defense. They also aren't terribly great on the offensive glass, and have a guard-oriented offense. Tempo wise, they're a little on the up-tempo side, which also plays into our hands considering our prowess in transition. They could put a little scare into us, but I'm not too worried, especially having what amounts to a home game.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
My 5-12s:

East Tennessee State over us
nd over Princeton
Iowa State over Nevada
Middle Tennessee over Minnesota

And while we're at it, I have UNC Wilmington over Virginia, with East Tennessee State beating UNC Wilmington to get to the Sweet 16.

I also have Northwestern beating Vandy. You know, Vandy? That team we haven't beaten once in the last 5 tries...

We aren't a 5, they aren't a 12. Figure it out.

Swear I think some people would want us to lose just so they can whine and be negative.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
A small team that wants to run and turns the ball over alot ain't gonna beat us. Especially in Orlando. We'll win by atleast 15. I'm taking names of you peckerwoods picking east Tennessee state.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
ETSU lost to UNC Wilmington. I'm sure the committee didn't know that..:rolleyes3:

Wuerffel4Pres

No offense
Lifetime Member
Aug 27, 2016
We aren't a 5, they aren't a 12. Figure it out.

Swear I think some people would want us to lose just so they can whine and be negative.

My bad. I knew we were a four. I meant to reverse my sentences regarding us and Virginia. My while we're at it statement was reserved for us. And Virginia was supposed to be in my 5 vs. 12. Oops.

And no, I won't bitch and whine if we lose. But it doesn't change that it's what I expect to happen. Of course I hope I am wrong. But that's why these are called PREDICTIONS. It's not what I want, but it's what I predict. There is a difference.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
ETSU lost to UNC Wilmington. I'm sure the committee didn't know that..:rolleyes3:
Yeah they goofed in a couple places. They weren't supposed to put Gonzaga and St. Mary's in the same region, because the top 3 teams of any conference are supposed to be in separate regions (per the selection rules), and they also set up potential (yet unlikely) 2nd round rematches between UNCW and ETSU, and Bucknell and Princeton. Then let's just remember they made Wisconsin an 8 and Wichita St. a 10.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah they goofed in a couple places. They weren't supposed to put Gonzaga and St. Mary's in the same region, because the top 3 teams of any conference are supposed to be in separate regions (per the selection rules), and they also set up potential (yet unlikely) 2nd round rematches between UNCW and ETSU, and Bucknell and Princeton. Then let's just remember they made Wisconsin an 8 and Wichita St. a 10.
Yeah but ain't you glad we get to see wichita State beat Kentucky in the second round?

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah but ain't you glad we get to see wichita State beat Kentucky in the second round?
Nothing would make me happier outside of us winning the whole damn thing. But I don't plan to be too happy this month. :lol:

*I will say I may or may not have had Wichita St. make an epic run in one of my three brackets. :grin:

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
My bad. I knew we were a four. I meant to reverse my sentences regarding us and Virginia. My while we're at it statement was reserved for us. And Virginia was supposed to be in my 5 vs. 12. Oops.

And no, I won't ***** and whine if we lose. But it doesn't change that it's what I expect to happen. Of course I hope I am wrong. But that's why these are called PREDICTIONS. It's not what I want, but it's what I predict. There is a difference.

I just don't see the logic behind picking the upset. I just see a lot of people hopping on it because a) few talking heads made the pick b) it's trendy c) some enjoy being negative

Wuerffel4Pres

No offense
Lifetime Member
Aug 27, 2016
And I don't see the logic of always picking your team, just because it's our team. We're not playing well of late and are ripe for an upset. It think East Tennessee is going to surprise us. And yes I say it again... I HOPE I AM WRONG.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
And I don't see the logic of always picking your team, just because it's our team. We're not playing well of late and are ripe for an upset. It think East Tennessee is going to surprise us. And yes I say it again... I HOPE I AM WRONG.

I have us losing to Nova....I'm not just picking them because they are "my team."

Picking against them vs a 13 seed seems trollish.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Can you imagine the butthurt from Calipari if they lose to Wichy State?

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
The SEC has not done much recently outside of Tucky or am I wrong?

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
ETSU is almost a mirror image of UF but with a better offense. They score a lot of their points from defense and 3. TJ Cromer is their best player. If we can limit him that's how we'll win. If he goes off along with Bradford and Merriweather we're in trouble and it will be a first Rd exit. Their coach has turned that team around quickly and came from Wichita St. They don't have height at the inside positions but their tenacious defense and hustle makes up for it.

This game is a lose lose for me.

Scouting report: The Bucs, who have started the same lineup (all upperclassmen) for all but two games, had a season-ending RPI of 53, which rated better than eight Southeastern Conference teams and just one spot behind Georgia, which wound up in the NIT. ... They average nearly 80 points per game (79.9) and are one of the best shooting teams in the nation, ranking 13th in field-goal percentage (.491), third in 3-point percentage (.383) and third in free throws attempted (24.7 pg). ETSU also fouls a lot (21.2 pg), which illustrates its aggressive style on the defensive end. ... Guard T.J. Cromer (6-3, 195, Sr.) averaged 19.1 points while shooting 45.4 percent from the floor and 40.4 from the 3-point line, with a staggering 103 treys on the season (that's 32 more makes from deep than KeVaughn Allen, UF's best 3-point shooter). ... Backcourt mate Desonta Bradford (6-4, 190, Jr.) added 10.6 points and 4.5 rebounds, while hitting 47.4 from the floor and 35.4 from 3. ... The Bucs go 6-9 and 6-8 in the front court, with their most productive big being Tevin Glass (6-8, 220, Sr.), who averaged 8.9 points and 6.2 boards.

On the other hand as someone pointed out, ETSU is very similar in statistics to OU:

1. ETSU is ranked 64 in Kenpom, OU is ranked 65.

2. ETSU is ranked 109th in offensive efficiency, OU is ranked 119th in offensive efficiency.

3. ETSU is ranked 44th in defensive efficiency, OU is ranked 42nd in defensive efficiency.

For comparison sake UF is ranked 31st in offensive efficiency and 4th in defensive efficiency.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.