New Coaching Staff

Status
Not open for further replies.

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
oxrageous;n131670 said:
Do we really want to make Robinson the DC just to keep him? Is he even remotely qualified to run the entire defense? Almost certainly not, yet some people have it in their mind that if we lose this guy we're doomed. For God's sake, if he wants to leave then good riddance. Gatorbait.

Having a bad DC is a recipe for disaster.

From what I understand is that he is the "go to guy" as far a recruting goes for us, and it has been said that he was the "DC in waiting". If that is all true then why not make him the DC. He has done a great job with our DBs, and if he gets a great DL and LB coaches then we are G2G with no drop off.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
NCOGator;n131680 said:
He has done a great job with our DBs
He has? I could have sworn we were burned all damn year back there.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n131682 said:

I don't think I've ever seen you curse before. I like it.

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
oxrageous;n131682 said:

Yes we got burned early in the season, but there was great improvement from about the half way point on. Hell look at the F$pUe game. They made crablegs throw what 4 INTs and less than 200 yards. I think that is pretty good DB work on a He15man QB.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n131682 said:

Nah, just some lucky throws...

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
fetch

:lmao:

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n131707 said:

Had to search for an angle that even captured a defender (any defender) in the picture. I mean, why cover the best WR in college? Surely they won't throw to him...will they?
We are doomed without this coach. DOOMED!

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
MJMGator;n131701 said:
Nah, just some lucky throws...

I did say early in the year we were not so great there....at least give me that. I know the Bama, KY game comes to mind about our pourious secondary, but we picked it up near the end of the year and would say that we were one of the better secondaries in the NCAA by year's end

spook

Founding Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Having G Danielson on national television show how Lane Kiffen was making monkeys out of our coaches didn't help either.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
NCOGator;n131718 said:
I did say early in the year we were not so great there....at least give me that. I know the Bama, KY game comes to mind about our pourious secondary, but we picked it up near the end of the year and would say that we were one of the better secondaries in the NCAA by year's end

I forgot that early season conference games didn't matter. Just an extension of spring and fall practice. :lol:

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
spook;n131721 said:
Having G Danielson on national television show how Lane Kiffen was making monkeys out of our coaches didn't help either.

He's an idiot. Doesn't he know we had the best coached secondary in the country?

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n131726 said:
I forgot that early season conference games didn't matter. Just an extension of spring and fall practice. :lol:

So does the LSU game count or is that practice also?

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n131728 said:
So does the LSU game count or is that practice also?

Only if we can throw out the rushing stats they had against us.

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
MJMGator;n131726 said:

To get you "Caught up" on the conversation. I was saying who was more important to keep on the Staff Durkin or T-Rob. I suggested that T-Rob was due to his recruitment aspect. I then concluded that there was great improvement with our DBs (hence getting 4 INTs and limiting Crablegs to less than 200 yards passing), and would it be a good idea to promote him to DC since he was known as the "DC in waiting" anyway. Did we have issues with the secondary in the start of the season...yes...was it young...yes...did it show improvement....yes...was it the best we ever had a Florida...no... That is why i believe that T-Rob is a good coach because he can do what a lot of our Assistant Coaches couldn't do and that is devlope Talent.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Is TRob ready to be a DC on his own?

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
NCOGator;n131734 said:
To get you "Caught up" on the conversation. I was saying who was more important to keep on the Staff Durkin or T-Rob. I suggested that T-Rob was due to his recruitment aspect. I then concluded that there was great improvement with our DBs (hence getting 4 INTs and limiting Crablegs to less than 200 yards passing), and would it be a good idea to promote him to DC since he was known as the "DC in waiting" anyway. Did we have issues with the secondary in the start of the season...yes...was it young...yes...did it show improvement....yes...was it the best we ever had a Florida...no... That is why i believe that T-Rob is a good coach because he can do what a lot of our Assistant Coaches couldn't do and that is devlope Talent.

I got the conversation. I disagree strongly that he should be our DC and don't understand how some on here think we're doomed without him as a recruiter. We're supposedly devoid of talent and yet he's indespensible moving forward? I just don't get it.

spook

Founding Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n131727 said:
He's an idiot. Doesn't he know we had the best coached secondary in the country?
So are you channeling your inner wobblegator or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator