Status
Not open for further replies.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
spook;n131739 said:
So are you channeling your inner wobblegator or something?

Hey, are you insulting me or not? I really need to know so I know how to react to your statement. :lol:

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
MJMGator;n131737 said:
I got the conversation. I disagree strongly that he should be our DC and don't understand how some on here think we're doomed without him as a recruiter. We're supposedly devoid of talent and yet he's indespensible moving forward? I just don't get it.

Team Passing Yards
LSU 110
MIZZU 20
UGLY 319*
Vany 215
USCe 206
EKY 63
F$pUe 125**

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/teams/page/FLA/florida-gators

* The 319 was because they were forced to pass due to the score
**At the time the QB was the Defending He15man Trophy Winner

This to me shows that he can devlope players and that is what we need

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
MJMGator;n131737 said:
I got the conversation. I disagree strongly that he should be our DC and don't understand how some on here think we're doomed without him as a recruiter. We're supposedly devoid of talent and yet he's indespensible moving forward? I just don't get it.

Show me 3 better coverage CB's coming back next year than VH3, Tabor and Quincy Wilson? I'll save you the time....There aren't any. And they're all coached by Trob. All the blown coverage earlier in the year and in fact anything we gave up all year was due to the safety's who were coached by Muschamp......This is not an endorsement for Trob as DC just making sure our facts are straight here.

spook

Founding Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n131737 said:

He was going to be Muschamp's DC at Houston I think...and Muschamp had said several times that he was next in line behind Durkin. Maybe our best DC was a defensive backs coach we had who was promoted.

You are entitled to your opinion, and you could be totally 100% correct. But you should respect the fact that none of have a clue as to a coaches competence, and both Muschamp AND McElwain seem high on T Rob.

Why do you assume that he wouldn't work out?

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
T REX;n131755 said:
Why aren't you posting all the games?

My arguement was that the Secondary was improved over the second half of the season due to TRobs leadership; therefore those 7 games.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
NCOGator;n131758 said:
My arguement was that the Secondary was improved over the second half of the season due to TRobs leadership; therefore those 7 games.

That seems pretty arbitrary. All aspects of the team should improve as the year progresses. Just out of curiosity...what are the rest of the numbers?

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
T REX;n131759 said:
That seems pretty arbitrary. All aspects of the team should improve as the year progresses. Just out of curiosity...what are the rest of the numbers?

Then why didn't Driskel win the He15man, why didn't we have a 1000 yard WR, or why no 1000 yard RB? Oh yeah we didn't have anyone on that side of the ball that could devlope talent.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n131760 said:
EMU 45
UK 369
Bama 449
Tenn 205

Thanks. Seems like a good to great position coach. I am unsure if he is ready to be a DC or not.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
NCOGator;n131763 said:
Then why didn't Driskel win the He15man, why didn't we have a 1000 yard WR, or why no 1000 yard RB? Oh yeah we didn't have anyone on that side of the ball that could devlope talent.

You already know the answer to this.

spook

Founding Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n131742 said:
Hey, are you insulting me or not? I really need to know so I know how to react to your statement. :lol:
Sorry dude, MJM is a good guy and that was way harsh. I should have never insulted him like that.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The fact that Durkin's interviewing with North Carolina while T-Rob rides shotgun 24/7 with McElwain tells me that T-Rob's already been silently named the new DC. It would go some ways toward explaining why McElwain's said little on the subject. He's been interviewing his No. 1 candidate all week in the front seat of a car.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
To be far about the TRob debate, VH3 would be a stud anywhere he goes. Great athlete, coach's son, and overall mature kid. Quincy Wilson is also a coach's son and also has tremendous measurables. Tabor was a huge get and I think he was a 5* kid on some services. Great measurables.

So the question is (and none of us know the answer) how much has TRob contributed to their development, or was it simply experience they needed. I have been on record stating that TRob has done a great job. The more I dig into the players, the more I wonder how much was him or the player. That is not meant to slight him in the least. I personally think any of those 3 CB's would only need an average coach to make their progression. I also look at Purifoy and Roberson. Purifoy was not mature and likely not very coachable. Roberson was constantly hurt. So neither of their shortcomings can really be used against TRob as a coach. I think the biggest indicator for the fans will be JC Jackson. Kid is a freak athlete who needs coaching. It would be interesting to see his progression under TRob.

I don't know how good of a coach TRob is. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt since I can't really see anything pointing him to being a bad coach. The unit certainly isn't broke, so why try and fix it. So I'll trust the coach speak and say that we definitely need TRob. As for DC, that's hard to say. I can only imagine the conversations McElwain and TRob have on their trips. How would you prepare for KY, USCe, UGA, Ole Miss and why? Ok, you made your gameplan, now they've adjusted in this regard, what is your adjustment to counter? and so on and so forth. I think TRob is getting a solid look for the DC position or at least a co-DC.

spook

Founding Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
[QUOTE='78;n131798]The fact that Durkin's interviewing with North Carolina while T-Rob rides shotgun 24/7 with McElwain tells me that T-Rob's already been silently named the new DC. It would go some ways toward explaining why McElwain's said little on the subject. He's been interviewing his No. 1 candidate all week in the front seat of a car. [/QUOTE]

Let's give the credit on this to Zach. He is quoting WR prospect Ryan Davis: I asked if McElwain or Robinson gave him any insight on who's staying on staff or being brought in, and Davis said, "I know for sure T-Rob is staying."

Did Robinson say that to him? "I can't tell you that," Davis replied with a laugh.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
spook;n131808 said:
Let's give the credit on this to Zach. He is quoting WR prospect Ryan Davis: I asked if McElwain or Robinson gave him any insight on who's staying on staff or being brought in, and Davis said, "I know for sure T-Rob is staying."

Did Robinson say that to him? "I can't tell you that," Davis replied with a laugh.

I give no credit to Zach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.