Never trust a guy with 2 first names. Especially when the last one is female

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n133009 said:
Yeah, every time I've had to swallow one of these hires (Zook, Cheeseburger) I have regretted it.

I'm not even going to pretend I like Randy Shannon.

Shannon was a good DC and a good recruiter, but I don't see him as a fit. I also don't see him taking the job and recruiting against The U. I know they fired him, but he still was a player there, so I don't think it would fly for him to be telling kids not to go to Miami. He would take a lot of flack from his former teammates.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
ATXGator;n133387 said:
Shannon was a good DC and a good recruiter, but I don't see him as a fit. I also don't see him taking the job and recruiting against The U. I know they fired him, but he still was a player there, so I don't think it would fly for him to be telling kids not to go to Miami. He would take a lot of flack from his former teammates.

I view it different. He's not dissing UM if he's on McElwain's staff and fully believes in where it's headed. He's simply advocating UF over Miami. If Robinson doesn't stay, having an assistant on staff who knows and can recruit Miami will be critical. Shannon would make sense.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I wanna know who else is getting hired. Can't believe there hasn't been any rumors as to who alls going to be on the staff

Mudd

Lurker
Aug 19, 2014
Law98gator;n133009 said:
Yeah, every time I've had to swallow one of these hires (Zook, Cheeseburger) I have regretted it.

I'm not even going to pretend I like Randy Shannon.
Hey, Zook was a good fit......as a ST coach for SOS.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Zook sucked IMO and never really liked him. Was glad to see SOS demote him to where he finally ran off. We won't mention anything after that.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@GatorZoneScott: “It really takes patience. You only get one chance to get it right.’’ — McElwain on filling out his coaching staff

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Time for Coach McElwain to write his part into Gator lore, if championship program be his destiny. Assemble the minds, not the egos or has been of sorts.

HogtownGator

It's Great to be a CCW
Aug 8, 2014
I've got the CSU game on in the background and heard the interview with Mac. I'm glad he's taking his time to hire the right staff. I really, really like his approach. He's not a hot head. He's deliberate.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
How high are the odds their OC will be our OC? I'm not familiar enough with their offense to know if it would be good.

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
I am honestly not going to guess on any staff member. I have not seen either coming to this point.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Welp
@FootballScoop: Man... “@MattStephens: Colorado State interim coach Dave Baldwin said the entire staff has received termination papers. #CSURams”

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
williston_gator;n135632 said:
Welp
@FootballScoop: Man... “@MattStephens: Colorado State interim coach Dave Baldwin said the entire staff has received termination papers. #CSURams”

I'd be surprised if he brought more than 1 or 2 coaches from there. I would think he's looking at guys with experience recruiting in the southeast.

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
williston_gator;135632 said:
Welp @FootballScoop: Man... “@MattStephens: Colorado State interim coach Dave Baldwin said the entire staff has received termination papers. #CSURams”
:butthurt:

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Mclwain and Baldwin seemed to work good together. Maybe he makes the trip to Florida

HogtownGator

It's Great to be a CCW
Aug 8, 2014
MJMGator;n135634 said:
I'd be surprised if he brought more than 1 or 2 coaches from there. I would think he's looking at guys with experience recruiting in the southeast.

TRob is still in play, right? It is going to be interesting to watch this staff develop. It wouldn't speak well of Mac if no one from his old staff wanted to follow him here. And it wouldn't speak well if he didn't have anyone on his old staff worth keeping around. I expect some CSU coaches to come.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
HogtownGator;n135653 said:
TRob is still in play, right? It is going to be interesting to watch this staff develop. It wouldn't speak well of Mac if no one from his old staff wanted to follow him here. And it wouldn't speak well if he didn't have anyone on his old staff worth keeping around. I expect some CSU coaches to come.

I don't think it really says anything other than he's looking for a better fit for Gainesville and the SEC. I like what he said about recruiting Florida and I'm just not sure if any of his former staff fits that bill. Right now, that's our biggest need from a coaching staff...recruiting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator