Status
Not open for further replies.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Agreed as many have already stated Shannon is a great Co-ord/Position Coach. This would be a huge pickup for Mac.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
biggator6;n138949 said:
He was also involved in the UM program under Erickson when the inmates were running the asylum.. then also the head coach during the whole Nevin scandal.

Do we really want this guy around our program?

He wasn't involved in the Shapiro scandal, not even a little bit.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n138957 said:
He wasn't involved in the Shapiro scandal, not even a little bit.
How do you know this? Link?

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n138965 said:
How do you know this? Link?

Actually there were many articles and they even said it in The U Part 2 (yeah, I watched it), that Randy Shannon told all the players and staff to stay as far away from Shapiro as possible. In fact they make a big deal out of the fact that he was the only one to tell people not to engage with Shapiro.

They also do mention that he wasn involved in the pay for play scandal back in the 80's...

I think he is a good DC, but as I stated earlier, I don't think Randy Shannon would be a good fit at UF. I just think it would go over really poorly in the UM community and that would come back to hurt him.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
As bad as we need recruiting, I may tattoo I love Randy Shannon on my arse.

westflgator

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
biggator6;n138949 said:
He was also involved in the UM program under Erickson when the inmates were running the asylum.. then also the head coach during the whole Nevin scandal.

Do we really want this guy around our program?
He was also reported to be a very divisive coach by many of his former players. He played favorites towards certain types of kids and treated others very differently, creating disunity on his team. If that's true, I don't think we need him around our program.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
westflgator;n139044 said:
He was also reported to be a very divisive coach by many of his former players. He played favorites towards certain types of kids and treated others very differently, creating disunity on his team. If that's true, I don't think we need him around our program.

How would that affect the team if he was a position coach?

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
More Shannon smoke.
@SECSportInsider: rumors have started to swirl that Randy Shannon cld be headed to Florida....wld be for the same position but would be recruiting coordinator

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Law98gator;n138982 said:
As bad as we need recruiting, I may tattoo I love Randy Shannon on my arse.

Who are you kidding? You had it done hours ago.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Twitter is blowing up right now. A lot of speculation that this may be announced tomorrow.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I could decide between these two so I got them both:

74c172de911450a1160f25bfd0dc13d4.jpg

narcoleptic-randy.jpg

I'm thinking about adding a "Storm Warning" to my front waistline.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I like the hire from a recruiting standpoint. But not so much from a cultural fit. The guy just seems so effin boring and monotone.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
We need recruits. We will be struggling with Kintucky and Vandy again for the next few years. We REALLY need recruits.

When you hire a coach that hasn't talked to a four star recruit east of the Mississippi in the last five years, you have to do drastic things.

I wonder if this also means we expect to lose TRob.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
GatorJ;n140070 said:
Twitter is blowing up right now. A lot of speculation that this may be announced tomorrow.

Maybe Shannon is taking over for Robinson as a position coach too? It looks more and more like everybody from the old regime is gone or will be soon. Not sure if this is totally good or not. At this point in the game there is no way we will have any kind of decent recruiting class. Maybe some of the 3 stars we will pickup between now and NSD will turn into studs but it looks like the new staff will have to turn chicken sh!t into chicken salad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.