New Coaching Staff

Status
Not open for further replies.

biggator6

Oct 2, 2014
Captain Sasquatch;n140218 said:
I'm not sure how S&C has to do with ACL injuries, broken legs, and players falling off scooters and breaking elbows.

ssssh.. let the kids play make-believe.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
biggator6;n140609 said:
Originally posted by Captain Sasquatch View Post
I'm not sure how S&C has to do with ACL injuries, broken legs, and players falling off scooters and breaking elbows.

biggator6;n140609 said:
ids play make-believ

So, if you take a kid that's never lifted a weight and a kid that works out all the time and let them play foortball, who's more likely to get hurt?

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n140482 said:
I doubt nussmeier gets the 800k salary here he was making in Michigan. He's probably going to get half or less than that
No way that happens

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n140482 said:
I doubt nussmeier gets the 800k salary here he was making in Michigan. He's probably going to get half or less than that

? 1/2 or less???

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Gatoravatara;n140764 said:
He was probably shellshocked by all the $8MM Harbaugh talk. Hopefully we will start to offer top dollar now.

Dude....

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n140488 said:
Foley finally recognizing that just waving the orange and blue won't bring us top coaches?

Not sure that Collins and Nussmeier are top coaches (pretty sure they are not) but it's embarrassing that we were paying less.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
ufgator812;n140816 said:

Remember, we really botched things by not offering 6-7 million for Stoops and Freeze, who were a combined 17-9 this season, and finished the year on the wrong end of a collective 82-9 score.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
GatorTAG;n140710 said:
So, if you take a kid that's never lifted a weight and a kid that works out all the time and let them play foortball, who's more likely to get hurt?

Yeah cause our players never lift weights or work out........

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Yes, Oklahoma looked terrible. Missy looked terrible. Colorado State looked terrible. Meechigan's offense looked like crap. And Missy State's defense looked like crap.

What's your point? Is any of that supposed to make us feel more excited about hiring a coach who can't even win a championship in the MWAC and a two of the worst coordinators in the country?

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;n140907 said:
Remember, we really botched things by not offering 6-7 million for Stoops and Freeze, who were a combined 17-9 this season, and finished the year on the wrong end of a collective 82-9 score.

you're missing the point ,Michigan swung for the fences with harbaugh. And you're judging two freaking bowl games. Let it go dude

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
It's an inexact science. We have a coach, he is plotting a course. I'm willing to give it enough time to see what it will be. Lighten up, it's a new year. Nearly all things WM associated are history. That's a good thing.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
williston_gator;n140950 said:
RB coach
@AlligatorArmy: Florida will bring a Jim McElwain assistant from Colorado State to Gainesville, per @JohnMiddlekauff. http://sbn.to/1ybGunk

Ties to the NFL, too.

GatorSkin

Founding Member
Nord for President 2020
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
GatorTAG;n140710 said:

I've torn the ACL's in both my knees combined 11 times and I still squat over 500.
ACL tears have absolutely nothing to do with lifting weights.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
t-gator;n140938 said:
you're missing the point ,Michigan swung for the fences with harbaugh. And you're judging two freaking bowl games. Let it go dude

I can revisit the post, but I'm almost certain I referenced their entire 2014 season. I can incorporate last year's record as well if you like, and it will be virtually the same.

And, sorry but no, I'm not the one missing the point. Michigan got a guy that, as an alum, has an affinity for their program and wanted to go there. Now that the details have been released, it's pretty clear that it wasn't as much about the money as it originally seemed. We didn't have that scenario. It's not a fair comparison at all, and I've used the Tebow/Leak hypothetical to illustrate that, which isn't debatable. There wasn't a slam dunk hire that was truly looking for a different job outside of JH. And while it's not everything, a complete meltdown in a bowl game is a pretty clear sign that those teams aren't coached by "can't miss" targets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.