New Coaching Staff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Gatoravatara;n140086 said:
Well perhaps next year the 5 stars will buy into coach Mac's philosophy. We got what we got this year. We will just have to make the best of it.

I think you're right about that......boy 5 years ago feels like a million right now as far as our program goes. Remember when kids used to line up to play here....

OcalaGator83

Not Hopeful
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2014
It is what it is at this point. Just ready to finish filling out the staff and looking forward to 2015.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GatorTAG;139759 said:
Thank god Dillman is gone.

Boy was he a disappointment. All that talk about how our guys would like the Bama guys was just a bunch of crap.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;n140088 said:
I think you're right about that......boy 5 years ago feels like a million right now as far as our program goes. Remember when kids used to line up to play here....

No

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;n140083 said:
Maybe Shannon is taking over for Robinson as a position coach too? It looks more and more like everybody from the old regime is gone or will be soon. Not sure if this is totally good or not. At this point in the game there is no way we will have any kind of decent recruiting class. Maybe some of the 3 stars we will pickup between now and NSD will turn into studs but it looks like the new staff will have to turn chicken sh!t into chicken salad.

Isn't that what they were hired to do? :headscratch:

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@SEC_Chad: been working this rumor on Shannon to UF since yesterday....it has some legs & from what I've been able to come up with the deal is done

Gator98MD

Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2014
GatorJ;n140104 said:
Boy was he a disappointment. All that talk about how our guys would like the Bama guys was just a bunch of crap.

im not trying to be antagonistic, but im not sure what you guys were expecting out of dillman, the guys to look like roid freaks? hes been here what 1-2 yrs tops? seems like we did have less injuries this year. I not sure how much any of these guys make a difference anyway. remember its the john and joes more than the X's and O's and we have had some bobos the past few yrs.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I started a separate thread specifically for Shannon discussion.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gator98MD;140135 said:
im not trying to be antagonistic, but im not sure what you guys were expecting out of dillman, the guys to look like roid freaks? hes been here what 1-2 yrs tops? seems like we did have less injuries this year. I not sure how much any of these guys make a difference anyway. remember its the john and joes more than the X's and O's and we have had some bobos the past few yrs.

No. We have a few freshmen and sophomores that have not been putting on much mass. That's disappointing being that his program is a power lifting program. And last year we were absolutely riddled by injuries. And that's mainly been attributed to the strength and conditioning.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
GatorJ;n140183 said:
No. We have a few freshmen and sophomores that have not been putting on much mass. That's disappointing being that his program is a power lifting program. And last year we were absolutely riddled by injuries. And that's mainly been attributed to the strength and conditioning.

^This. And he's been here 4 years not 1-2. Our players are small, slow and always injured. That all falls on the strength and conditioning coach.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
GatorTAG;n140207 said:
^This. And he's been here 4 years not 1-2. Our players are small, slow and always injured. That all falls on the strength and conditioning coach.

But he did jumping jacks throughout the entire game. Let's not discount his role here. You wouldn't make it through the first quarter, if you ask me.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I'm not sure how S&C has to do with ACL injuries, broken legs, and players falling off scooters and breaking elbows.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
soflagator;n140216 said:
But he did jumping jacks throughout the entire game. Let's not discount his role here. You wouldn't make it through the first quarter, if you ask me.

And he was still a fatass. Hard to look at a guy like that and think he knows anything about strength and conditioning. It's like Charlie Weiss preaching how to eat healthy.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
We got pushed around very badly in his tenure. He also looks like he smells like pee

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
@ThomasGoldkamp: Florida spending dough. 3 assistants #Gators have hired so far made $465K more in 2014 than UF counterparts - http://t.co/hMPSsVU2VE

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n140477 said:
@ThomasGoldkamp: Florida spending dough. 3 assistants #Gators have hired so far made $465K more in 2014 than UF counterparts - http://t.co/hMPSsVU2VE
I doubt nussmeier gets the 800k salary here he was making in Michigan. He's probably going to get half or less than that

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n140477 said:
Foley finally recognizing that just waving the orange and blue won't bring us top coaches?

Not sure that Collins and Nussmeier are top coaches (pretty sure they are not) but it's embarrassing that we were paying less.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator