Not open for further replies.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;n140963 said:
I can revisit the post, but I'm almost certain I referenced their entire 2014 season. I can incorporate last year's record as well if you like, and it will be virtually the same.

And, sorry but no, I'm not the one missing the point. Michigan got a guy that, as an alum, has an affinity for their program and wanted to go there. Now that the details have been released, it's pretty clear that it wasn't as much about the money as it originally seemed. We didn't have that scenario. It's not a fair comparison at all, and I've used the Tebow/Leak hypothetical to illustrate that, which isn't debatable. There wasn't a slam dunk hire that was truly looking for a different job outside of JH. And while it's not everything, a complete meltdown in a bowl game is a pretty clear sign that those teams aren't coached by "can't miss" targets.
I'm not the only gator fan who seen Michigan hire harbaugh and wonder if we could have done better. Those pointless bowl games indicate nothing every coach has had his ass handed to him in a bowl game if he's coached long enough.

dubster1

Chip Kelly is a done deal
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014
Gatoravatara;n140971 said:
My only point was that the pay at Florida was not competitive with elite programs. It seems like Foley is starting to realize that Florida needs to pay up. His old school philosophy of value hires is dead in the new college landscape. Stoops may not have had a great year, but he knows how to run great football programs. Urbs had a rough year. Then he went to OSU and now has them in the playoffs. So top dollar for Stoops does not seem unreasonable if you are convinced he is the guy. Money should not be an issue at all if you want to get the top talent.
There is that name again, Foley, , hmmmm, you might be on to something there:scratchchin:

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
Captain Sasquatch;n140919 said:
Yeah cause our players never lift weights or work out........

Sorry, I could have sworn you said Strength and Conditioning had nothing to do with injuries.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
GatorSkin;n140962 said:
I've torn the ACL's in both my knees combined 11 times and I still squat over 500.
ACL tears have absolutely nothing to do with lifting weights.

This isn't about if you do or don't lift weights. It's how you do it. That's why Dillweed was sent to Stanford last summer to consult with them on their training techniques. Stanford had a rash of injuries one year and changed what they were doing which significantly cut down on there injuries. How you train absolutely can affect how stable your joints are. And if you've have 11 ACL surgeries you're clearly doing something wrong.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GatorTAG;140985 said:
Sorry, I could have sworn you said Strength and Conditioning had nothing to do with injuries.

Everyone knows how he rolls…

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
GatorTAG;n140999 said:
This isn't about if you do or don't lift weights. It's how you do it. That's why Dillweed was sent to Stanford last summer to consult with them on their training techniques. Stanford had a rash of injuries one year and changed what they were doing which significantly cut down on there injuries. How you train absolutely can affect how stable your joints are. And if you've have 11 ACL surgeries you're clearly doing something wrong.
This might be the best post on the subject.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
MOM for at least 6 hours. Try to keep up. :lol:

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
t-gator;n140976 said:
I'm not the only gator fan who seen Michigan hire harbaugh and wonder if we could have done better. Those pointless bowl games indicate nothing every coach has had his ass handed to him in a bowl game if he's coached long enough.

Ok. I'm a reasonable man. Who are the names that you think were both realistic and would've been better this go around?

And Freeze has was basically shut out for the second time this year. I'm not sure how an SEC game against a rival is meaningless, so how do you excuse the 30-0 game against Ark? Or the fact that with his best team, he failed to win the Division and finished 9-4?

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
There's no place for logic around.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;n141151 said:
Ok. I'm a reasonable man. Who are the names that you think were both realistic and would've been better this go around?

And Freeze has was basically shut out for the second time this year. I'm not sure how an SEC game against a rival is meaningless, so how do you excuse the 30-0 game against Ark? Or the fact that with his best team, he failed to win the Division and finished 9-4?

I didn't think harbaugh was a realistic so I don't know who we could have gotten. I think that's what has me and others wondering. We may have gotten the absolute best we could get ,I don't know. I understand harbaugh and Michigan was perfect timing and obviously they have history. But I can't help but think what would have happened if we pursued a bigger name coach more aggressively.

and freeze is still somewhat unproven but they 've had some injuries down the stretch. You can't ignore his team beat bama with a full roster. He may not be a lock to be a great coach but he's a great prospect who's obviously proven he can recruit and recruit this state. I don't put any stock into his banged up team going up against the best team that got snubbed from the playoffs.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I honestly think we got the best guy we could get. It's hard to get a proven guy to rebuild a program. Michigan was fortunate to have an alum available as talented as Harbaugh. I don't think Freeze would have been any better than McElwain. In fact, I think McElwain is the better hire. There are several names that floated around this board that I would take McElwain over. I would have probably retained more guys, but it's his ass on the line, so let him run it.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
alcoholica;n141848 said:
I honestly think we got the best guy we could get. It's hard to get a proven guy to rebuild a program. Michigan was fortunate to have an alum available as talented as Harbaugh. I don't think Freeze would have been any better than McElwain. In fact, I think McElwain is the better hire. There are several names that floated around this board that I would take McElwain over. I would have probably retained more guys, but it's his ass on the line, so let him run it.

Thank you.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;n141887 said:
Thank you.

You're welcome.....now where's my f'n stripper from Mons?

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
alcoholica;n141898 said:
You're welcome.....now where's my f'n stripper from Mons?

I'm an east coast guy. Rachel's is the best I can do.

But married now, so those days are well behind me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator