New Gator Commit: #1 K - Eddy Pineiro

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
Ha! The most 3 stars we've ever recruited is crying? Give me a ****ing break. Stick your head in the sand. When we are lining up 3 stars versus FSU's 4 & 5 stars...we'll see who is crying.
Let me make a suggestion....

10450783_1069823769742684_8050549235609947668_n.jpg

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
38 freaking 3 star athletes over the last 3 years(including this year) - by far the most in our history over any 3 year span. Open your eyes - that is a serious talent deficiency.

From 06-10 we had 26 TOTAL in 5 years. Does anyone honestly think this won't play out at some point in the near future?

edit: FSU is at 20 over the same 3 year period. Almost 50% less. Ouch.

I have 300.00 saying you will eat crow on NSD.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I have 300.00 saying you will eat crow on NSD.

Can you refute those numbers? If so, do it or shut it. Spin all you want. That's an issue that will rear it's ugly head at some point. We'll beat the scrubs but when it comes time to play the big boys we won't have the talent to compete toe to toe.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Ray Guy was a punter, bruh.
Law, all you had to do was check wiki: ...he was also a place kicker at Southern Miss once kicking a then record 61yarder...
It is not that you are not knowledgeable, you are clearly well-informed, although a bit opinionated. The problem is that you over estimate your own knowledge and abilities and underestimate those of others.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Has there ever been this much suspense over a kicker?

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Can you refute those numbers? If so, do it or shut it. Spin all you want. That's an issue that will rear it's ugly head at some point. We'll beat the scrubs but when it comes time to play the big boys we won't have the talent to compete toe to toe.

Didnt think so.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I not exactly sure about the numbers, but think Scout takes something like your top 25 recruits into your ranking, while rivals only considers the top 20. This why we are rated above schools with more 4 and 5 star than us, we simply have a larger class at this point.
Scout takes total points. Rivals takes a gpa, though they weigh some positions more than others in some way.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The man likely to be tabbed with solving Alabama's placekicking woes wasn't even playing the sport when the Tide lost to archrival Auburn in the infamous Kick Six game some 19-plus months ago.

In fact, two years ago as a senior at Miami’s Sunset Senior High School, Eddy Pineiro was making a name for himself as one of the top soccer players in South Florida.

Things have changed pretty quickly for the 6'1", 180-pounder.

Even though he’s yet to make an actual field goal in a real football game, video of his successful 73-yard field goal over the weekend is setting the internet on fire.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...-the-alabama-commit-who-can-make-a-73-yard-fg

Pineiro is definitely taking advantage of a recruting loophole.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
38 freaking 3 star athletes over the last 3 years(including this year) - by far the most in our history over any 3 year span. Open your eyes - that is a serious talent deficiency.

From 06-10 we had 26 TOTAL in 5 years. Does anyone honestly think this won't play out at some point in the near future?

edit: FSU is at 20 over the same 3 year period. Almost 50% less. Ouch.
Our team looked pretty talented to me this year other than kicker which was dreadful, O-line, which actually held up pretty good considering, and QB where we had an epic collapse. O-line and QB should be much better next year. Looks like we're bringing in a top FG kicker and some defensive and offensive studs. I'm thinking we're going to be alright.

Wasn't there like no 5* players in the starting lineup of last years SB? I thought I saw that somewhere.

ufgator2002

Bleeds Orange and Blue
Aug 11, 2014
Florida Gators Scout‏@FloridaOnScout 4h4 hours ago
Apologies for the error on last tweet. Too many hands in the mix and the story on Eddy Pineiro did not match the tweet. Not committed yet

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator