New Gator Commit: #1 K - Eddy Pineiro

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Scout now has us number one fyi
I not exactly sure about the numbers, but think Scout takes something like your top 25 recruits into your ranking, while rivals only considers the top 20. This why we are rated above schools with more 4 and 5 star than us, we simply have a larger class at this point.

Mr2Bits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
The man likely to be tabbed with solving Alabama's placekicking woes wasn't even playing the sport when the Tide lost to archrival Auburn in the infamous Kick Six game some 19-plus months ago.

In fact, two years ago as a senior at Miami’s Sunset Senior High School, Eddy Pineiro was making a name for himself as one of the top soccer players in South Florida.

Things have changed pretty quickly for the 6'1", 180-pounder.

Even though he’s yet to make an actual field goal in a real football game, video of his successful 73-yard field goal over the weekend is setting the internet on fire.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...-the-alabama-commit-who-can-make-a-73-yard-fg

If you actually watched the video, he kicks from the 33 and starts from the 30.....kickers take 3 yards back and 2 to their kicking side....he has also set every kicking camp on fire and did so in pads.....if he doesn't get you excited, then we can enjoy the denitist or Hardin next year

Go Gata

Founding Member
aka Emersom Bigguns
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
So how do you vet a recruit that isn't playing the game?

If Saban and Mac were recruiting him simply based on his YouTube videos.......?

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
If you actually watched the video, he kicks from the 33 and starts from the 30.....kickers take 3 yards back and 2 to their kicking side....he has also set every kicking camp on fire and did so in pads.....if he doesn't get you excited, then we can enjoy the denitist or Hardin next year
Look at the video again. He takes like 4 steps (some kind of stutter step or something) before he kicks the ball. Timing is very important in FGs and that has me a little worried. With no game time experience, we could be getting sold some snake oil. Don't get it twisted he still looks better than what we have.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Please dont report how well we are recruiting. I would hate to see so many meltdowns in one place....

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I find it funny that he de-committed from Bama when he is choosing between 2 schools... that really only leaves 1 left unless he is doing an epic troll job

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Just saw that he committed here. Yo VIP, let's kick it!

This is what Eddy did.

tumblr_mn0ovxGnPi1qbti6eo1_500.gif

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member

Ha! The most 3 stars we've ever recruited is crying? Give me a ****ing break. Stick your head in the sand. When we are lining up 3 stars versus FSU's 4 & 5 stars...we'll see who is crying.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Ha! The most 3 stars we've ever recruited is crying? Give me a ****ing break. Stick your head in the sand. When we are lining up 3 stars versus FSU's 4 & 5 stars...we'll see who is crying.

Sorry that you hate our recruits so much.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
38 freaking 3 star athletes over the last 3 years(including this year) - by far the most in our history over any 3 year span. Open your eyes - that is a serious talent deficiency.

From 06-10 we had 26 TOTAL in 5 years. Does anyone honestly think this won't play out at some point in the near future?

edit: FSU is at 20 over the same 3 year period. Almost 50% less. Ouch.

Last edited:

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm not seeing anything official. This is just "a guy" on twitter.^^

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED