No Coaches Till After NSD?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Full strength. Do you guys think sending out some midget staffer/ former trailerbammer intern is going to have nearly the same gas as a former Jets or Saints OL coach? Who do you want going up against Tosh Lupoi or some other Bammer coach wearing 7 NC rings?

Donkey, Stricklin, and Foley

JUST

DONT

GET IT.

Its a simple as that. This shyt should have been done in the first week of December. You knew that Nusschamp, Nord and Summers HAD TO GO.

Astonishing.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Now wait a second...according to this we are at full strength

lol totally "full" strength

I guess by his standard, when we had converted-safety Johnson, true Freshman Reese, and walk-on Garcia as our linebackers against Iowa, we were at "full strength".

And the point being missed is that merely having warm bodies in UF polos doesn't exactly solve all our problems in recruiting. Some of these kids have no idea who their position coach will be and are about to make a major decision regarding their future. And it's entirely self inflicted on our part.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I guess by his standard, when we had converted-safety Johnson, true Freshman Reese, and walk-on Garcia as our linebackers against Iowa, we were at "full strength".

And the point being missed is that merely having warm bodies in UF polos doesn't exactly solve all our problems in recruiting. Some of these kids have no idea who their position coach will be and are about to make a major decision regarding their future. And it's entirely self inflicted on our part.
I do like this analogy, but if you are comparing Summers to Jarrad Davis I think Drew Hughes has to be closer to Wilbur Marshall than David Reese.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Apparently law thinks summers is a better recruiter than Drew Hughes

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I do like this analogy, but if you are comparing Summers to Jarrad Davis I think Drew Hughes has to be closer to Wilbur Marshall than David Reese.
lol. Why? Bc he landed a couple of low 3 star leftovers last year? I could run around to CUSA talent and offer ships at UF and get them to sign.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Apparently law thinks summers is a better recruiter than Drew Hughes
No, I think we should have hired a coach a month ago.

I dont give a shyt about some intern from Alabama.

Why would you believe anything Bowl has to say? He likes the walkons bc they talk to him. Hughes is a walkon.

Last edited:

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

I wouldn't have used our starting linebackers for the comparison. It's more like LDR is injured and we've pulled in Appleby.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I wouldn't have used our starting linebackers for the comparison. It's more like LDR is injured and we've pulled in Appleby.
Ok. Believe me I know Nord sucks.

I seriously think these guys dont get it. Teenagers love bling and stories of success. Rings. Or a real NFL coach and explanations of how this coach can get you there. Sending out Drew Hughes to talk about his internship at Bammer and two other staffers, really?

Wow.

Will someone tell me why we are ALWAYS doing favors to the OTHER TEAM and not hiring? We are concerned more about not screwing up there class and fvkking our own, why?

IS THERE ANY OTHER TEAM THAT DOES THIS? Is this part of being the 39th ranked engineering school instead of a top football school mentality? WTH happened to my school?

Kyng

Founding Member
The Freak
Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2014
Founding Member

Why would you believe anything Bowl has to say. He likes the walkons bc they talk to him. Hughes is a walkon.

Jack-Nicholson-Laugh.gif

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Confirmed, Strickland is a winner

Last edited:

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
We know one is Hughes... who honestly is a better recruiter than Summers or Nord, so I don't mind waiting on one hire to keep Hughes out there recruiting because he isn't bad. Not sure who the other one is, but we are at full strength... at least from a numbers perspective.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Recruiting? With a reduced staff? Nice work Mac.

Hopefully he has agreements in place otherwise it's late to the party again.

Or it could be that most assistants don't want to commit themselves right now with the NCAA about to grant a 10th coach? That might change the salary structure and naturally people do not want to lock in just a couple of weeks before salaries take a bump.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Or it could be that most assistants don't want to commit themselves right now with the NCAA about to grant a 10th coach? That might change the salary structure and naturally people do not want to lock in just a couple of weeks before salaries take a bump.
Other schools are filling out staffs left and right. Holy crap...you people will make excuses for anything. PATHETIC. Have some accountability on coach Mac for once. Please.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Have you by chance noticed we are the only school with this problem?

Any guess as to why it only afflicts us?

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Apparently the guy who originally tweeted this twisted strinklands words around. It's all on mac and there's no time table.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator