Noah Brindise implies Spurrier wanted head coaching job and was ignored

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Brindise tweeted:

Greg- I have a great idea for of our media boys....ask a direct question at the press conference as to whether They had any knowledge whether Steve Spurrier had an interest in being our head coach. I know the truth and so do they. Let’s see why the response is. Deal?

Discuss.

TheAlumni

Oct 29, 2017
Even though Steve Spurrier has stated publicly that his coaching days are OVER are we really going to go down this road......

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Even though Steve Spurrier has stated publicly that his coaching days are OVER are we really going to go down this road......
Brindise went down this road, and he knows Spurrier personally.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Knows him personally? Hell he worked for him for years.

MooseSmack

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Brindise tweeted:

Greg- I have a great idea for of our media boys....ask a direct question at the press conference as to whether They had any knowledge whether Steve Spurrier had an interest in being our head coach. I know the truth and so do they. Let’s see why the response is. Deal?

Discuss.

I just can't see him lasting more than a year if he was really interested. Hell he may have retired in the middle of the year like he did with SC. SOS was the bomb back in the day. I just think that time has passed. I would wonder if he would have the drive to recruit and complete the day to day activities that the Head coach of UF would require.. It's not like he would be taking over a playoff ready team. This team would frustrate the heck out of him. I just can't see it. 5 -10 years ago absolutely, he would have been my number one choice. I would also hate to see his legacy at UF tarnished coming back and not really being ready to committed 100% .

Durty's Toe

drunk AF
Sep 2, 2017
NB is having a tantrum, offering his box seats for sale (IAKOW, right?). He believes SOS was snubbed. Well, I love the HBC as much as the next guy, but he would be a short-term solution. This is about the choice of Mullen. Lots of reasons SOS would have been a better choice, but does the UAA really want to coach search again when SOS decides he’s done? NB also b!tching that passing game coaching is a lost art — even though that’s how he makes his living. Dude’s unhinged.

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
I tend to doubt this for the same reasons that @TheAlumni pointed out. But if true, my heart says I'd take Spurrier over Mullen but realistically have to ask if he would have the energy to be a good caretaker to get recruiting and facilities to the level that we need them? And I am reminded of his comment on the need for facilities, something to the effect of "we won without them".

What we really needed was a young, innovative coach that would storm the SEC. Go Gators!

MooseSmack

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
It would seem almost nobody on the top side of the list was interested. If we did have to pay Mullen 7 Million a year to come doesn't that say something?

Alumni Guy

Lifetime Member
Nov 7, 2015
I love Spurrier. Love the guy to death.

I don't think he's what our program needs. To fix this hot MacMess, We need a great recruiter and someone who's going to bust his tail off. Not necessarily SOS's strong points.

However, if Stricklen ignored or disrespected Steve, that ain't cool. Spurrier has earned a Thanks, but no thanks.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Ox wasn't kidding. There's mutiny brewing.

Mullen will be the first Florida coach with his own fire.com website before his introductory presser.

diehardg8r

Sep 14, 2014
NB is having a tantrum, offering his box seats for sale (IAKOW, right?). He believes SOS was snubbed. Well, I love the HBC as much as the next guy, but he would be a short-term solution. This is about the choice of Mullen. Lots of reasons SOS would have been a better choice, but does the UAA really want to coach search again when SOS decides he’s done? NB also b!tching that passing game coaching is a lost art — even though that’s how he makes his living. Dude’s unhinged.

Because Noah is a true O&B diehard gator and, like the rest of us, "unhinged" with the result of our coaching carousel. This was the best we could come up with? Really? Stricklin stated he wanted to make Florida football fun again. Fun for who? Him? Joining up with his pal again at a fancier country club than the one they had in Starkville? Cause that's sort of how it looks to many of us. Dan Mullen is going to make our offense fun to watch with a real passing game? I will wait for it but I won't hold my breath. For the sake of Florida football I hope I am wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator