Noah Brindise implies Spurrier wanted head coaching job and was ignored

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Chow_Hound_large.jpg

Thank you for your opinion, Noah. (pats him on the head)

GatorShea

Feb 10, 2016
Make Spurrier the damn OC then. That is what he really wants to do. Let him run the offense from up in the booth and let Mullen take care of the rest of the down and dirty stuff.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Considering he’s still coaching and recruiting at the highest level, yes.

1989 called, they want their storyline back.

2005 called and they want this story line back when guys like you were talking about how Meyer would be coaching at UF long after Spurrier was done. Looking long run in hiring head football coaches is silly. You don't get to the long run if you can't survive the short run. You need to get the best guy today for your job.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Because Noah is a true O&B diehard gator and, like the rest of us, "unhinged" with the result of our coaching carousel. This was the best we could come up with? Really? Stricklin stated he wanted to make Florida football fun again. Fun for who? Him?............

Yeah.... those Tim Tebow and Percy Harvin years were no fun to watch. Look, I'm not pumped about this hire... but I do at least know this... Our offense took a BIG step BACK when Mullen left and it's been in the toilet for the last 7 years. If Mullen can score points again (instead of pur FG kicker and punter being our best weapons) I'll be estatic.

I'm gonna wait to see who he brings on staff and just have a wait and see approach. I am NOT pumped about this hiring but I'm also not sure it's as bad as many are making it...

Swamprat1964

Nov 1, 2017
Have you seen any indication that Stricklin did not reach out to Norvell's agent? It's just as likely the UAA contacted his agent and they said no.

Besides a random Tweet that was posted in the other thread, did the UAA have a search committee in place? And if the UAA did have a search committee in place, is there factual evidence that their recommendations were ignored by Stricklin?

Scott... is that you?

Chomper

Lifetime Member
Aug 5, 2014
Enough already! For those who want to keep dragging the program down, keep harping on half-truths and innuendo. This reminds me of the "source" who 10 days ago said CK was a lock, a done deal for UF. All that chatter and bluster for what? Nothing. As most Gators, I love SOS, but please, let him enjoy his retirement. He is 72. I have no idea why Brindise would want to keep stirring the pot.

diehardg8r

Sep 14, 2014
Yeah.... those Tim Tebow and Percy Harvin years were no fun to watch. Look, I'm not pumped about this hire... but I do at least know this... Our offense took a BIG step BACK when Mullen left and it's been in the toilet for the last 7 years. If Mullen can score points again (instead of pur FG kicker and punter being our best weapons) I'll be estatic.

I'm gonna wait to see who he brings on staff and just have a wait and see approach. I am NOT pumped about this hiring but I'm also not sure it's as bad as many are making it...

Did you guys come over from another pumper board to set us straight? You see any Tebow or Harvin like recruits flipping to the offensive juggernaut of Mullen? It's bad and I dont need to "make it" that way, it just is.

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
You don't remember the big to-do a week ago yesterday over the son of a search committee member tweeting that Kelly was coming to Florida? Do your homework.
It was the son of a person that was on the search committee that hired Stricklin. Stricklin said in his initial presser where he announced Mac's firing that he would not be using a search committee.

Blacklabgator

Lurking Member
Lifetime Member
Jul 7, 2014
Noah talked real big until people tried to take him up on his offer to get rid of his suite and tickets. Lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator